Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

Current state of Series X for Argos outside Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Basil3 wrote: »
    Current state of Series X for Argos outside Dublin

That's weird, all of the stores I checked at random were out of stock, but probably missed the ones showing as having some.

I think there will be some people breaking the 5km rule today! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Use a desktop, look up series x to get the list of products. But don't click into the X's product page, click the little blue reserve button to the right.

It should open the pop up and let you reserve it.

Thanks, on desktop however was clicking into the product itself. Still shows that screen. All sold out near me anyways. ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Couldn't bring myself to go on the mitch from work & do the click/collect. I also wouldn't feel comfortable walking around Parnell Street with an Xbox hanging off me.

Sure look, if I can't get an order down for delivery from somewhere it's not the end of the world!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Someone just bid €690 on it.
    Those people are actually worse. Same people probably give constant about ticket gougers for concerts and matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Got hopes up last night when GS sent tracking details, but An Post link this morning still says "we are awaiting your package". It ain't coming today, I could scweam and scweam and scweam.

I am 45 years old...

Mr.S wrote: »
    That was me! No intention of buying :D

Pure scum, happy to waste his time.

He or she is certainly active in the thread since they knew to go on to Argos at half 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

DM_2092 wrote: »
    He or she is certainly active in the thread since they knew to go on to Argos at half 5.

Be suspicious of everyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

DM_2092 wrote: »

I was just thinking this, probably in the unwanted pre orders thread too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mr.S wrote: »
    That was me! No intention of buying :D

Pure scum, happy to waste his time.
    Ha ha awesome man. Love it.
    I’m blocked from commenting further on it.
    But obvious the person is someone in this thread.
    Whoever you are you’re scum.
    You’re nothing better than those people that go around conning old people out of their money.

May be a silly question, but since I'm here:

When you're playing XBOX multiplayer online, are you going up against PC players too? Or just those on XBOX? For example, on a game such as COD Cold War..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

https://www.adverts.ie/xbox/xbox-series-x-plus-tv-games/22098764

This one - "Postage Preferred" - on a TV and Xbox. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Going to travel 2hrs each way to collect one...local ones didnt get stock (argos)

The things Santa does.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

dar83 wrote: »
    So my X is out for delivery already with UPS, after it's journey to Cologne and back overnight.

Oddly my play and charge kit is showing as delivery for Thursday and it looks to have gone the Tamworth route. I think it's obvious now which route is the expedited/air one versus the land and sea one. :)

Mine came through Tamworth and is out for delivery today.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

This leaving Tamworth at 8.31 am on Saturday batch is cursed . Only in to Dublin at 10pm last night and no sign of out for delivery as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 27 alongwaytotipp

Just managed now to reserve a Series X at my local Argos but haven't paid for it. It's held until the end of the day tomorrow. Anybody know how this works at Argos: do I definitely have it or is there still a chance it will be gone when I get there ?

Just managed now to reserve a Series X at my local Argos but haven't paid for it. It's held until the end of the day tomorrow. Anybody know how this works at Argos: do I definitely have it or is there still a chance it will be gone when I get there ?

The consensus in here seems to be get down early so you're one of the first there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

You have it don't worry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

It’s a stock guarantee as far as I know. Can’t be allocated elsewhere. Mind you if it was me I’d be lashing down there first thing to get it. Congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 The Lone Wanderer

I’m just a Lone Wanderer trying find my way back to the nuclear wasteland I call home. "War Never Changes"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Go in early if you can.

Argos staff often put items like this aside for themselves and tell the customer the reservation is not valid or was taken error.

I have seen this happen. I am sure a lot of staff want one or have friends / family that want one.

The reservations were not meant to go live till early morning around 8am but the Irish site is outdated so they didnt have a proper way of implement this.

So staff will try their luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Series S reservation number for Mahon Point, Cork.

Reserved until end of We'd 11th

Unable to.make it unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

My MS order finally arrived in Dublin at 5.25 this morning. UPS saying expected by end of day tomorrow, MS still saying expected today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

They have one in tralee Argos if that help anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

Ehhhh, this is concerning for Harvey Norman orders. Anyone receive one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Argos's idea of breakfast time and mine are well out of sync. 4am they dumped everything on the site after sending out an email with a vague " order while eating your breakfast"

The guy with the Adverts ad from Argos has apparently moved from Laois to Tallaght in last 30 mins. He is definitely on here otherwise would have accepted that 690€ offer.

I'll just wait six months till I can waltz in and buy one.

• Advertisement

Cex paying 550 cash for this so no wonder scalpers are taking their chances as they can get 50 profit atleast if they dont sell elsewhere.

Advertisement