Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

the corpo wrote: »
    Got hopes up last night when GS sent tracking details, but An Post link this morning still says "we are awaiting your package". It ain't coming today, I could scweam and scweam and scweam.

I am 45 years old...

My own Xbox is the same from GameStop some joke. No tracking details, if I didn’t have a busy day in work today I would have just went and bought one in Argos and return the GameStop one ha Argos is only 2.5KM from my house haha

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Anyone played AC Valhalla yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

Mr.S wrote: »
    That was me! No intention of buying :D

Pure scum, happy to waste his time.

gotta love the double standards of the mods here, you say one thing they don't agree with and you get a ban but they are happy to break the rules on the sister platform and boast about it

My own Xbox is the same from GameStop some joke. No tracking details, if I didn’t have a busy day in work today I would have just went and bought one in Argos and return the GameStop one ha Argos is only 2.5KM from my house haha

I haven't seen any on Argos this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

There are a few on adverts for 600+.
    Absolute scum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

I haven't seen any on Argos this morning.

They were available from 4am till about 6.30am

dan786 wrote: »
    They were available from 4am till about 6.30am

Ah, I see. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got a reservation for a Series X in Dun Laoghaire for my sister and now she doesn't want it. Anyone need it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

There are a few on adverts for 600+.
    Absolute scum

Plenty willing to pay that too by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,874 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Got a reservation for a Series X in Dun Laoghaire for my sister and now she doesn't want it. Anyone need it?

I'd love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

I'll take it, missed the argos one, their idea of breakfast and mine are way off

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MossieBass

So no chance of getting one from anywhere then? Missed the Argos one as breakfast tike obviously means something else to them. Anywhere I could even get delivered in the next few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

Yes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'd love it.

It's yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,874 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It's yours.

Awesome! Amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭george67

I'll take it for my young lad , thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Have reservation for Arklow..Series X

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

MossieBass wrote: »
    So no chance of getting one from anywhere then? Missed the Argos one as breakfast tike obviously means something else to them. Anywhere I could even get delivered in the next few days?

I seen here littlewoods but based on their twitter activity I'd doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Have reservation for Arklow..Series X

Yes please

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Anyone played AC Valhalla yet?

Just started it for an hour and a bit last night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

Did smyths release any stock?

Hasn't gone in stock for me anytime the last hour

Missed out on argos earlier. DS gutted

Almost had it in microsoft last night just before midnight but couldnt make it to last step of checkout!

Anywhere else worth trying today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Yes please

Sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

€690 for a Series X in CEX, ouch. Have about €500 in vouchers, hopefully it doesn't take too long to get to a reasonable price.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If anyone has a spare argos code for Kildare/Laois I would appreciate it, its for a friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭SmokyMo

you can order xbox S through xbox console store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

If anyone has a pre order in Argos Navan going spare I'd love it.

Lad I play Fifa with had a store order in GS but his store isn't a click and collect. Pre order is for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Well I was holding out some hope (eternal optimist) that the scans not showing by An Post was a glitch. Sometimes I get delivery alerts up to 3 days after a package has actually arrived.
    BUT
    The postman has been and gone. He does parcel deliveries first thing. So definitely no delivery via An Post for Gamestop customers today.

On the one hand it's not a major deal as this is a Santa present so I've plenty of time to receive it (and hide it). Still, I can completely understand customers being very upset at not getting it on launch day. They had a very reasonable expectation, especially considering it's the luck of the draw whether your local store can offer collection or not. Realistically we are now looking at Thursday or Friday for delivery I think. May be pleasantly surprised tomorrow.

Mr.S wrote: »
    That was me! No intention of buying :D

Pure scum, happy to waste his time.

Sticky this. Glorious trolling

Game Stop delivered! Gotta give them a big thanks. For all the stick they get, Irish retailers are really struggling through the pandemic and they came up good. This card was also a nice touch.

I gotta say I'm blown away by the size of the Series S. Even after seeing pictures and comparisons I really wasn't expecting it to be THAT small. Hands down the sexiest console there has ever been and to think this is basically a Series X running at lower resolution. Truly remarkable by Xbox.

Unfortunately this is for the kids so I seriously doubt I'll get a look in. My series X is in Wave 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Doesn't look like Littlewoods or Brown Thomas got any stock.

Advertisement