Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Game Stop delivered!
    Was that one of the UPS deliveries or an An Post delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Conar

Game Stop delivered! Gotta give them a big thanks. For all the stick they get, Irish retailers are really struggling through the pandemic and they came up good. This card was also a nice touch.

I gotta say I'm blown away by the size of the Series S. Even after seeing pictures and comparisons I really wasn't expecting it to be THAT small. Hands down the sexiest console there has ever been and to think this is basically a Series X running at lower resolution. Truly remarkable by Xbox.

Unfortunately this is for the kids so I seriously doubt I'll get a look in. My series X is in Wave 2.

Out of interest had you checked the tracking? Mine doesn't show up on an post.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

Rang up UPS this morning to correct my address after MS messed up and was told I can’t change address until there has been a failed delivery attempt, like what?!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Rang up UPS this morning to correct my address after MS messed up and was told I can’t change address until there has been a failed delivery attempt, like what?!

It's possible that they are legally obliged to deliver to the address stipulated by their client, who is Microsoft, before in initiating contact in order to prevent fraud.

Eoineo wrote: »
    Was that one of the UPS deliveries or an An Post delivery?

I was given a UPS tracking but it was delivered by nightline. Maybe they are the same company I'm not sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

murpho999 wrote: »
    It's possible that they are legally obliged to deliver to the address stipulated by their client, who is Microsoft, before in initiating contact in order to prevent fraud.

I’d say you’re correct but I’m sure I’ve been able to change address online for other couriers before quite easily, hopefully the driver will give a ring if MS included my number on the label so it won’t have to go back the depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Grabbed a reservation in Limerick for Argos in the Cresent if anyone wants it. Picked it up for the Nephew but he got one himself.

On another note, same as everyone else in the 8:31 gang, left Dublin in the early hours of the morning so fingers crossed for today with no address issues. MS also charged me this morning so good to go on that front.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Grabbed a reservation in Limerick for Argos in the Cresent if anyone wants it. Picked it up for the Nephew but he got one himself.

On another note, same as everyone else in the 8:31 gang, left Dublin in the early hours of the morning so fingers crossed for today with no address issues. MS also charged me this morning so good to go on that front.

If it wasnt for lockdown id take it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Stock just gone live in Waterford Argos to pick up tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Kimbot wrote: »

Get your (or borrow a) pet and take a trip to the vet :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

I was given a UPS tracking but it was delivered by nightline. Maybe they are the same company I'm not sure.
    Im getting mine of Microsoft and nightline ups sent me a text could I give them my Eircode doh he said postcode they have my address just Microsoft mess up the Eircode with English ones.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Get your (or borrow a) pet and take a trip to the vet :pac:

Well I might have another way ;) Ill drop you a message a lunchtime and let you know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Slosh wrote: »
    Stock just gone live in Waterford Argos to pick up tomorrow...

Is this open to all or for people who have pre order with them?

I dont see any availability on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

UPS Bought Nightline so they are the same company

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

limnam wrote: »
    Is this open to all for people who have pre order with them?

I dont see any availability on the site

Was open for everyone, but it didn't seem to last long :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Kimbot wrote: »

Break it dude. I’m sorry to say I pulled the old work schitk to the checkpoint. No issues.

Blazer wrote: »
    Break it dude. I’m sorry to say I pulled the old work schitk to the checkpoint. No issues.

Yeah I actually could easily get away with the work thing, one of my places of work is in limeick city so no questions :D Only thing I have to sort out is making sure I can get the reservation before it expires :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48 RoyKeaneNO16

Stock of Series X on the Amazon DE site.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

5 series X in tullamore Argos gogogo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Myself and my friend both aquired an X from argos. Happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Siansa

I know of two people with an Argos reservation in Tullamore and Waterford who are both looking for a Dublin one, if anyone wants to trade let me know and I'll send you their info!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭garrkell

Series S reservation number for Mahon Point, Cork.

Reserved until end of We'd 11th

Unable to.make it unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Siansa wrote: »
    I know of two people with an Argos reservation in Tullamore and Waterford who are both looking for a Dublin one, if anyone wants to trade let me know and I'll send you their info!

Seriously? Sounds very scalpery.

Portlaoise argos have 4 more in stock now

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Siansa

scottigael wrote: »
    Seriously? Sounds very scalpery.

No scalping to it, both my housemates both going to make the drive wherever they had to later on for it but it makes more sense for them to try get them closer to home if they can, which I understand. Not looking for a fee or anything dodgy. I've still got an order from Gamestop without an ETA on it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Xbox series X on Amazon.es now - be quick - https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B08H93ZRLL?ref=em_1p_0_ti&ref_=pe_2515591_197852591&th=1

Dont worry about the plug

Update - Sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Is there an another argos stock checker these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Did anybody get a ready to collect email from Harvey Norman yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Xbox series X on Amazon.es now - be quick - https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B08H93ZRLL?ref=em_1p_0_ti&ref_=pe_2515591_197852591

Dont worry about the plug

shows up as a controller for me

Advertisement