Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭MvsC3

5 digital versions, still available for collection on 11th in Dundalk if any use to anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 chubbs2011

i will take it please for my son. I have inlaws living in limerick so they can take it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

limnam wrote: »
    shows up as a controller for me

French link is working - Spanish one sold - that's why it shows up as a controller now - gotta be quick!

French --> NOW SOLD OUT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Anyone experience and issues with Amazon?

1000's who pre ordered with them have now been told they may not get it until the end of the year!

https://i.redd.it/79rrwyrhfay51.png

https://www.theverge.com/2020/11/9/21557532/amazon-xbox-series-x-preorders-delayed-email

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Anyone get a reservation for Argos email but not text?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭r0chf0rt

more available in liffey valley argos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Harvey Norman are useless, preordered straight away on the first day. Told stock is in the back but can’t give them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

hopefully everyone that wants one will get one, there does seem to be pockets of availability if you are persistent today.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭offalyguy25

For anyone waiting on Gamestop delivery (like myself) my invoice said to be delivered by An Post / Nightline, so perhaps the tracking number will not show up with An Post and will be delivered by the other guys, UPS have bought or are buying Nightline anyway, so I am hoping I might still get mine today :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

chubbs2011 wrote: »
    i will take it please for my son. I have inlaws living in limerick so they can take it

Sent via PM :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

For anyone waiting on Gamestop delivery (like myself) my invoice said to be delivered by An Post / Nightline, so perhaps the tracking number will not show up with An Post and will be delivered by the other guys, UPS have bought or are buying Nightline anyway, so I am hoping I might still get mine today :-)

200.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Just collected mine from Galway Argos. No issues with the reservation. There one person in front of me was also getting one. Had been up all night too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Some Argos stores don't actually have stock, they are waiting on a delivery date

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭MvsC3

joe316 wrote: »
    Harvey Norman are useless, preordered straight away on the first day. Told stock is in the back but can’t give them out.

Cant give them out! Why? "We know how much you you want to get your hands on this, so were just gonna annoy you, ring back later so we can tell you it's out of stock🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

The sudden panic of not knowing where the passport is....

I’m sure it wouldn’t have been an issue but jaysus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Has anyone collected theirs from Curry's yet? Don't see them mentioned this morning. Planning to head up at lunchtime to collect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Rang UPS this morning as there apparently was an attempted delivery of my Series X yesterday, which there definitely wasn't, at least not to my address. According to them the address is incomplete and there is no postcode. I already knew about the postcode but wasn't aware that address was also incomplete. All my details are correct on MS website so can't figure out how its beyond their capability to transfer that information to UPS for delivery of a 500 euro package.

All this despite the fact the driver contacted me yesterday morning at 8am to get eircode, so he knew exactly where I was and still didn't deliver it. I'm told they updated the address now and that won't take effect until tomorrow so no console today either, so thats 2 days after being woke up at 8am by a text message looking for a eircode. Couldnt make it up

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

GK1001 wrote: »
    Has anyone collected theirs from Curry's yet? Don't see them mentioned this morning. Planning to head up at lunchtime to collect

They only open at 10 (in Cork anyway). Going to collect it at 10.30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

As i suspected, mine ended up in Cork instead of Limerick :mad:

Just off the phone with UPS again who still refuse to update the address until a failed attempt. No hope for today and I suspect it won't be tomorrow either as they have the 11th down for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

GK1001 wrote: »

Heading into mine now, most of them seem to open at 10. Hoping no queue as they wouldn’t be selling tonnes of them but we’ll see.

Feels like Christmas morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Got UPS email, it is out for delivery (ordered from MS). Address on the email was correct and my post code was correct on the email. So they have the correct address, so that is good :D.

Accessories also updated with scan for Dublin, so should see everything today.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Has anyone collected from Gamestop yet?

I haven't heard a thing from them but I am thinking of just showing up with my receipt (probably a waste of time).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

So first impression from messing about for an hour.

The console feels dense. It like picking up a small PC. It's smaller in the hand than I expected. Controller feels better than the XBO's.
    I don't know why I love the "Hello from Seattle" on the bottom so much.

Sign in was a balls. Forgotten my Xbox account password and there's some weird glitches with the password recovery stuff. Also the phone app didn't work, it failed to authenticate the code on screen.

My controller still won't turn the machine on. I think this is common XB issue.

I'm lost as regard the UI. I'd an XBX for about a year in 2015ish, that I never used and I remember that feeling perplexing as well. I don't think Sony's grid approach is ideal either, but it's easier to read than this. It'll take time to adjust. I also appreciate how Sony don't really try sell you much (if anything) on the homescreen. Here's its front and centre. I even remember being pissed off with this on the 360's new XBE UI, it's a real turn off.

GP Ultimate really is a gamechanger imo, but besides that I've no games ordered. I've a big box of 360 stuff, maybe three XBO titles and nothing for this. There's no new titles that call to me. I've also a PS5 on pre-order and I've no interest in anything there either. Which is a fairly damning indictment of this generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Vudgie wrote: »
    Has anyone collected from Gamestop yet?

I haven't heard a thing from them but I am thinking of just showing up with my receipt (probably a waste of time).

I collected mine earlier from GS, I was the only person there at the time. Very much straight forward. I was given a 8:30 time slot, last week and just arrived, stood outside the door, one staff member checked my name on the list and the other one put my console through the system. That was it, over and done with in about 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

the corpo wrote: »
    Got hopes up last night when GS sent tracking details, but An Post link this morning still says "we are awaiting your package". It ain't coming today, I could scweam and scweam and scweam.

I am 45 years old...

An Post via Gamestop for me too. I emailed them yesterday and they said 2-3 days. So dont get your hopes up until after today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Has anyone collected from Smyths this morning, be curious to know how fast the process was and if there were any queues etc

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bellerophon 13

A friend of mine picked his up this morning in Galway, he said it was real smooth, no queues or anything but I would say it depends on the time of day

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

wes wrote: »
    Got UPS email, it is out for delivery (ordered from MS). Address on the email was correct and my post code was correct on the email. So they have the correct address, so that is good :D.

I was mistaken the accessories are marked as out for delivery and not the console :confused:, console has arrive in Dublin however, so I guess worse case I get it tomorrow. I assume they will arrive together, as UPS scanning stuff seems to be hit or miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

wes wrote: »

Not to spook you or anything but my dispatch email from MS with tracking number has all my details correct but according to Ups the address on my package is incomplete and no eircode. It seems MS and UPS don't know how to communicate an address. Depends on where you live but without a postcode there's slim chance of it getting to where I am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

Mine's just arrived from Microsoft, so hopefully everyone will start seeing theirs soon.

It had Microsoft's Reading postcode instead of the correct eircode, but UPS didn't contact me beforehand to update the eircode.

Advertisement