Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

TweekeewT wrote: »
    Mine's just arrived from Microsoft, so hopefully everyone will start seeing theirs soon.

It had Microsoft's Reading postcode instead of the correct eircode, but UPS didn't contact me beforehand to update the eircode.

Where you the left the UK at 8.31 on Saturday batch?

Be good to know if anyone in this batch has started to get delivery's

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Jaysus it's mad how everyone is having a different experience with UPS and the postcodes.

Mine is still scanned in Dublin as of 10pm last night but it still has Cork as the destination at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

I put eircode on address line 1 too just in case as you would need eircode to find my house. Was shipped yesterday and out for delivery today in Cork

Markitron wrote: »
    Has anyone collected from Smyths this morning, be curious to know how fast the process was and if there were any queues etc

Went to Smyths in Blanch a bit after 8, only about 8 in the queue when I showed up, and only one person had joined after me by the time I left. In and out in about 10-15 mins.

The process in store is pretty painless, tell them some details, they check your ID, you pay and leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

skerry wrote: »
    Not to spook you or anything but my dispatch email from MS with tracking number has all my details correct but according to Ups the address on my package is incomplete and no eircode. It seems MS and UPS don't know how to communicate an address. Depends on where you live but without a postcode there's slim chance of it getting to where I am

I am in Dublin, so if the only thing that is missing is the postcode, I should be ok.

Definitely weird that they have the wrong address on the package but its correct on there system. Well hopefully everything works out for us both.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i'm part of the Saturday Tamworth group and it has now updated to 'out for delivery' since 7.30am in Swords.

I'm in Dunshaughlin and have yet to get an email/call/text from UPS about delivery. I really hope it gets to me today and that there are no problems. I'll bring the phone with me everywhere today just incase it rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Series S in Argos Carlow still

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭upinthesky

If anyone has an unwanted reservation/collection i would gladly take it!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

rafi bomb wrote: »

Yea I'd like to know this too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 ShockChance

I didn't order this at all. Is it worth trying to reserve now in the likes of Argos, currys or smyths.
    i don't mind waiting a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

Jaysus it's mad how everyone is having a different experience with UPS and the postcodes.

Mine is still scanned in Dublin as of 10pm last night but it still has Cork as the destination at least.

Mine is out for delivery in Cork this morning from the 8:31 am Sat shipment, be interesting to see if the driver can find the house with part of the address missing and wrong eircode though!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

bazzz wrote: »
    I collected mine earlier from GS, I was the only person there at the time. Very much straight forward. I was given a 8:30 time slot, last week and just arrived, stood outside the door, one staff member checked my name on the list and the other one put my console through the system. That was it, over and done with in about 5 minutes.

How did you receive your time slot?

I ordered on launch morning and I haven't heard a thing from them...I tried to connect to their customer services but didn't get a response. Not that bothered but they have a sizeable deposit of mine at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

If you don't mind me asking what county and are you in rural or town?.. Im in rural and still hopeful ha

Sorry for the lateness replying, I went away from the computer last night and just seeing this now.

I'm in Co. Limerick, and very rural.

I hope you've had a delivery by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

folks this is the list ive made of what i assume are the must play games on game pass, am i missing anything obvious?or have i included anything thats garbage?

Batman
    Battlefield 5
    DIRT 4
    Forza horizon
    Gears 5
    Halo 5
    Star wars battlefront
    Unravel / Unravel 2
    A way out
    The gardens between
    PES2020

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Just picked up a S in Argos Blanchardstown, lady said they got 60 and all booked out

Thanks to everyone on this for help. Young man will be happy Xmas morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭TweekeewT

No, I was part of the batch that left the UK yesterday and went via Cologne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Vudgie wrote: »
    How did you receive your time slot?

I ordered on launch morning and I haven't heard a thing from them...I tried to connect to their customer services but didn't get a response. Not that bothered but they have a sizeable deposit of mine at the same time.

I got a call about two weeks ago to arrange any outstanding payment and to allocate my time slot. GS Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Mine was in Dublin at 3am this morning and out for delivery in Cork since 8am.
    They would need my Eircode to find my house but the UPS guy should know where it is by now :D

On a side note if i ever get into power in this country the front page story would be "El Presidente for life sends 5 garda cars in emergency run to pick up his new xbox overnight, best regards on your new console Mr President!, yours sincerely, the only newspaper" :pac:

Just got my collection email from Harvey Norman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Basil3 wrote: »
    Went to Smyths in Blanch a bit after 8, only about 8 in the queue when I showed up, and only one person had joined after me by the time I left. In and out in about 10-15 mins.

The process in store is pretty painless, tell them some details, they check your ID, you pay and leave.

Nice one thanks, heading to Blanch next week to grab the PS5, hopefully will be a similar experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Mine is out for delivery in Cork this morning from the 8:31 am Sat shipment, be interesting to see if the driver can find the house with part of the address missing and wrong eircode though!

Exact same as you. UPS normally gets to me around 2-4pm

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Cyrus wrote:
    Batman Battlefield 5 DIRT 4 Forza horizon Gears 5 Halo 5 Star wars battlefront Unravel / Unravel 2 A way out The gardens between PES2020

Both Ori games and star wars rallen order is there as of today. Plus all EA vault stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I passed Smyth's in Galway, not a soul outside at 9 so will be smooth enough I'd say.

Currys had a out 7 or 8 queuing. Nothing major. Only one in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Cyrus wrote: »
    folks this is the list ive made of what i assume are the must play games on game pass, am i missing anything obvious?or have i included anything thats garbage?

Batman
    Battlefield 5
    DIRT 4
    Forza horizon
    Gears 5
    Halo 5
    Star wars battlefront
    Unravel / Unravel 2
    A way out
    The gardens between
    PES2020

Some on my list are

Doom Eternal,
    Hellblade,
    Ori 1 & 2,
    Spiritfarer,
    The Outer Worlds

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Kimbot wrote: »
    If anyone has a spare argos code for Kildare/Laois I would appreciate it, its for a friend :)
    Rossi IRL wrote: »
    If anyone has a pre order in Argos Navan going spare I'd love it.

Lad I play Fifa with had a store order in GS but his store isn't a click and collect. Pre order is for him.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058126501&page=4

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

I just reserved one in Argos in Blanch. I requested a text message, but only got an email. They didn't say how long they'll hold it for either?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Cyrus wrote: »

Batman
    Battlefield 5
    DIRT 4
    Forza horizon
    Gears 5
    Halo 5
    Star wars battlefront
    Unravel / Unravel 2
    A way out
    The gardens between
    PES2020

depends if you have not played games last gen

your missing the witcher 3, Ori (1 and 2), Doom eternal, Alan wake, Hellblade, Spirit farer, Alien Isolation, Destiny, resident evil 7.

of the ones your have selected i wouldnt bother with a way out tbh and i would play the ones above before most except for unravel 1 and 2 but thats my own personal opinion haha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

upinthesky wrote: »
    If anyone has an unwanted reservation/collection i would gladly take it!

Can we stick to this thread for requests

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058126501&page=4

• Registered Users Posts: 20,105 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

recyclops wrote: »
    depends if you have not played games last gen

your missing the witcher 3, Ori (1 and 2), Doom eternal, Alan wake, Hellblade, Spirit farer, Alien Isolation, Destiny, resident evil 7.

of the ones your have selected i wouldnt bother with a way out tbh and i would play the ones above before most except for unravel 1 and 2 but thats my own personal opinion haha

ive played very little over the past 5 years bar a few games on switch :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭rahenyrover

I was in that batch and it just arrived. Tracking never changed from arrived in Dublin before it was delivered. So looks like this batch are now out on the vans anyway.

Advertisement