Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Cyrus wrote: »
    ive played very little over the past 5 years bar a few games on switch :D

haha lucky yoso youve probably played the witcher if you havent it will probably be the best game you play

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

DM_2092 wrote: »
    I just reserved one in Argos in Blanch. I requested a text message, but only got an email. They didn't say how long they'll hold it for either?

Argos is usually 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

DM_2092 wrote: »
    I just reserved one in Argos in Blanch. I requested a text message, but only got an email. They didn't say how long they'll hold it for either?

I reserved one and a game in my local argos got a text for the game but not the console, I went to collect the game and they don't actually have stock of consoles in the store and they are waiting for a delivery date

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

Does anyone's UPS tracker say out for delivery yet? Mine is part of the 8:31 batch which is in Dublin now, but doesn't say out for delivery yet. Wouldn't mind, I only live about 10 minutes away from Dublin airport and the main UPS depot so my UPS deliveries are always very last on their route. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

GK1001 wrote: »
    Has anyone collected theirs from Curry's yet? Don't see them mentioned this morning. Planning to head up at lunchtime to collect

I posted it yesterday and collected mine. Any time today you can call in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Both Ori games and star wars rallen order is there as of today. Plus all EA vault stuff

Fallen order isn't on my mobile app, is it on console for download?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 karmakas

Codes *anywhere in Dublin* much appreciated - for a friend who could really do with something good this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

stuchyg wrote: »

Checked half hour ago and it's not there yet

• Registered Users Posts: 32 SlitsK92

Is the PES 2021 season update on game pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Are harvey norman using DPD, I just got a notification from them but haven't ordered anything. I did order a series X but cancelled it when i got my MS order I got the money from them refunded also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

stuchyg wrote: »

Checked half hour ago and it's not there yet

Edit - duplicate post, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

stuchyg wrote:

Today is definitely the date for it, coincides with the ea access joining game pass and obviously the release of the new consoles.
    Might be later for the US customers though

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

SlitsK92 wrote: »
    Is the PES 2021 season update on game pass?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Just picked one up in portlaoise argos, thank God for that and glad I can cancel the gamestop preorder.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Does anyone's UPS tracker say out for delivery yet? Mine is part of the 8:31 batch which is in Dublin now, but doesn't say out for delivery yet. Wouldn't mind, I only live about 10 minutes away from Dublin airport and the main UPS depot so my UPS deliveries are always very last on their route. :pac:

mine says out for delivery last seen in the Swords area, i'm in Dunshaughlin. fingers crossed i get it today. So far no call or text/email from UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lynchtp

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Where you the left the UK at 8.31 on Saturday batch?

Be good to know if anyone in this batch has started to get delivery's

I'm in that group. Seems to have hit turbo boost after the sojourn in Tamworth.
    UPS currently show:
    Out for Delivery 11/10/2020 8:00 A.M. Cork, Ireland

1/10/2020 7:00 A.M. Cork, Ireland Arrived at Facility
    11/10/2020 3:13 A.M. Dublin, Ireland Departed from Facility
    11/09/2020 10:00 P.M. Dublin, Ireland Arrived at Facility
    11/07/2020 8:31 A.M. Tamworth, United Kingdom Departed from Facility

MS Store ordered on Pre-Order day (store credit) - email received confirming at 8:02am. Dispatch email from m/s with UPS tracking Fri 11/6/2020 3:17 AM

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Calhoun wrote: »
    Just picked one up in portlaoise argos, thank God for that and glad I can cancel the gamestop preorder.

Portlaoise you say... Are you on your way back to Tallaght now? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

8.31 am batch and just changed to out for delivery.

who knows what time it will arrive though

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

lynchtp wrote: »
    I'm in that group. Seems to have hit turbo boost after the sojourn in Tamworth.
    UPS currently show:
    Out for Delivery 11/10/2020 8:00 A.M. Cork, Ireland

1/10/2020 7:00 A.M. Cork, Ireland Arrived at Facility
    11/10/2020 3:13 A.M. Dublin, Ireland Departed from Facility
    11/09/2020 10:00 P.M. Dublin, Ireland Arrived at Facility
    11/07/2020 8:31 A.M. Tamworth, United Kingdom Departed from Facility

I'm on that group as well but haven't got the 3.13am and 7am scans at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gamergirl23

Has anyone gotten there Xbox this morning from GameStop thru an post ? Got my tracking number lastnight and still no online tracking available but wanna see if anyone got there’s. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

Ups having a dog sh!te tracking system adds to the stress I feel

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭offalyguy25

Has anyone gotten there Xbox this morning from GameStop thru an post ? Got my tracking number lastnight and still no online tracking available but wanna see if anyone got there’s. Thanks.

No, the same here, still waiting on An Post to update, but wondering if it might be Nightline delivering it now, as the Gamestop site states they use both for deliveries,

Can't see me getting it today,

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

Just got out for delivery 10.28 in Dublin
    And I'm part of the infamous Tamworthless joke

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Just discovered that while most of the branches of GameStop in Cork are in fact open and accepting preorders, my branch is closed.

Totally infuriating. No reason for this as far as I can see either as the other stores are located in similar circumstances (shopping centre/similar size inside etc) so basically I have paid to have my console delivered late when other people rolled up to Argos, nevermind other GameStop's, this morning and just collected the console.

Tracking number provided to me still has no updated. Tomorrow at the earliest I reckon now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Juat an FYI/reminder for everyone setting up their console today: while it's easy to just drop it into the same place that your old Xbox was, make sure to use the HDMI cable that comes in the box, as it's a better cable than the one that you're currently using.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

Still waiting on a tracking number for DPD from Harvey Norman.
    HV took full payment in September and "guaranteed" delivery on November 10th!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Doyler99

Just picked mine up from Currys in Carrickmines. Huge queue just before 10am but was moving fairly fast. Was waiting around 30 mins altogether so wasn't too bad! Time to power up the beast! :D

Edit: They announced they have none spare for pickup, just the units that were pre-ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Just picked up mine in Curry’s Jervis. No queue. Took about 10 minutes for them to process it. Looked to be about 50 on their preorder sheet, just for an idea of how many the stores could be getting

• Registered Users Posts: 5 karmakas

Any chance you can pass on the gamestop order?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

For the people that got them is there any day one patch or significant download required to get playing?

Whats the best way to migrate from a One X? Should I try and move as many games as possible onto my external drive now?

Advertisement