Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Just picked up mine in Curry’s Jervis. No queue. Took about 10 minutes for them to process it. Looked to be about 50 on their preorder sheet, just for an idea of how many the stores could be getting

Deadly. That's where mine is reserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

CatInABox wrote: »
    Juat an FYI/reminder for everyone setting up their console today: while it's easy to just drop it into the same place that your old Xbox was, make sure to use the HDMI cable that comes in the box, as it's a better cable than the one that you're currently using.

I'd to take my TV off the wall to swap over the cables, a bit of a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Ravenholm wrote: »
    Still waiting on a tracking number for DPD from Harvey Norman.
    HV took full payment in September and "guaranteed" delivery on November 10th!

did DPD send you anything they sent me a notification but I had this order cancelled and refunded :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

Ravenholm wrote: »
    Still waiting on a tracking number for DPD from Harvey Norman.
    HV took full payment in September and "guaranteed" delivery on November 10th!

Me too, they charged me three times. To be fair if they had been upfront about this I wouldn't have been bothered but now I'm seeing people being told they aren't going to receive their orders until the end of the year I'm getting a bit miffed. They need to communicate just what is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Does anyone's UPS tracker say out for delivery yet? Mine is part of the 8:31 batch which is in Dublin now, but doesn't say out for delivery yet. Wouldn't mind, I only live about 10 minutes away from Dublin airport and the main UPS depot so my UPS deliveries are always very last on their route. :pac:

im same area and fearing usual last drop syndrome.
    Cant get any work done, every time i hear a van door slam im looking out the window..lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

I was part of the Cologne group and mine hasn't updated since it arrived in Dublin. My delivery date did change to Wednesday though. I know the tracking hasn't been entirely accurate but has anyone got theirs delivered today even though the tracking now says Wednesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Blanchardstown code if anyone wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

soap1978 wrote: »

Yes please! for an x?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

For the people that got them is there any day one patch or significant download required to get playing?

Whats the best way to migrate from a One X? Should I try and move as many games as possible onto my external drive now?

700MB system update. Smaller controller update....all happens during setup.

One games on an external HDD is probably the handiest........but for any of the optimised games like FH4, Gears etc, it'll essentially need to download the entire game to the internal drive as an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

dar83 wrote: »
    Portlaoise you say... Are you on your way back to Tallaght now? :pac:

Yah all while having no mask and yelling **** da police. Seriously though it's my local argos, could have went there or tullamore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 MrT_Barry

I'll take this if the guy ^^ doesn't need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Missed out on a preorder, so if anyone knows anywhere that has stock let me know!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Picked up one in argos an hour ago, some poor lad went and got an Xbox One S by mistake by the looks of it as he was back in the queue and he didnt look too happy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Calhoun wrote: »
    Just picked one up in portlaoise argos, thank God for that and glad I can cancel the gamestop preorder.

Was that you that was at the till beside me in Argos? I just got mine ahead of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 karmakas

I'd go for this - looking for an X code anywhere in Dublin! HCW, can travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MrT_Barry

Is everyone just picking up preorders or has anyone actually managed to buy one today?

MrT_Barry wrote: »
    Is everyone just picking up preorders or has anyone actually managed to buy one today?

I managed to bag one on argos at about 8.50 this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jukebox Jim

I've been in Argos Swords for an hour and a half now. I can see the consoles sitting on a shelf but they can't sell them due to some IT error. Very frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

Anyone experience and issues with Amazon?

1000's who pre ordered with them have now been told they may not get it until the end of the year!

https://i.redd.it/79rrwyrhfay51.png

https://www.theverge.com/2020/11/9/21557532/amazon-xbox-series-x-preorders-delayed-email

Mine shipped over night, was supposed to get delivered today (parcelmotel) but tracking info states it will get delivered today and Amazon order screen quotes Thursday as delivery date....well at least it has been shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,874 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

MrT_Barry wrote: »

The wife managed to buy an S in Argos Dun Laoghaiore 20 mins ago. Was in collecting an X and ordered/bought an S for her godson (his christmas present from his mother) at the same time. Had a Harvey Norman order for him but she doesn't trust them.

• Advertisement

For the people that got them is there any day one patch or significant download required to get playing?

Whats the best way to migrate from a One X? Should I try and move as many games as possible onto my external drive now?

i moved all mine last weekend onto external

waiting for new box

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Mine left the UK at 7pm yesterday evening (on route to Germany) and just landed at my door.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bellerophon 13

Gamestop delivery, Postman has come & gone for me, no XSX to be seen

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yes, there's an update of about 775mb.

There will be an update to the controller.

Regarding installation, I would not disconnect your old Xbox.

Keep both connected.

Use the Xbox Phone app and set up a new console. Worked really well for me yesterday and all profiles and data transferred over.

For games, enable network transfer on both consoles and then transfer games from one Xbox to another. Makes the process very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Kimbot wrote: »
    Was that you that was at the till beside me in Argos? I just got mine ahead of you.

You the guy who's coworker preordered it for him ? If so yes then it was me.

ZiabR wrote: »
    Mine left the UK at 7pm yesterday evening (on route to Germany) and just landed at my door.

what postcode area are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

If I understand it right...

GameStop used UPS to ship the Series S and An Post to ship the Series X? That's a bit... weird no?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭smiddyboy

Just off the phone to UPS...looks like I won't be getting my Microsoft order today.😭

Package is stuck in Waterford with Destination Scan as the last activity.

Gutted as I got my new blue controller yesterday no problem, even with a wrong eircode on the address.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Gamestop delivery, Postman has come & gone for me, no XSX to be seen

Your normal postman will not look after parcels. Different service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Gerard20202020

Received my Series X directly from Microsoft yesterday. Some weird stuff with the order, the packaging and packing slip said it was a Series S, it had the incorrect Eircode and the charge on my card has now disappeared, it was pending for about a week. So as of now I haven't paid anything for it. Anyone else notice anything similar?

Advertisement