Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Calhoun wrote: »
    You the guy who's coworker preordered it for him ? If so yes then it was me.

That was indeed me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bellerophon 13

murpho999 wrote: »
    Your normal postman will not look after parcels. Different service.
    You sure? Hope remains so....

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭YESROH

Just back from picking one up in Argos Blanc was in and out in minutes.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for help. 2 Young man will be happy on Xmas morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

You sure? Hope remains so....

Well it is for me.

I live in Bray, postman delivers letters to me on his bike whilst I get parcels later from an An Post van.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gamergirl23

No, the same here, still waiting on An Post to update, but wondering if it might be Nightline delivering it now, as the Gamestop site states they use both for deliveries,

Can't see me getting it today,

Yh but they told me it’s an post so I doubt they would change

• Advertisement

Received my Series X directly from Microsoft yesterday. Some weird stuff with the order, the packaging and packing slip said it was a Series S, it had the incorrect Eircode and the charge on my card has now disappeared, it was pending for about a week. So as of now I haven't paid anything for it. Anyone else notice anything similar?

Yes everybody had UK postcodes on packaging yesterday and also packing slip and boxes shows as Series S.

It's really strange but not going to worry about MS/UPS systems.

My card was charged last night after being pre-authorised and then disappeared last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bellerophon 13

Well it is for me.

I live in Bray, postman delivers letters to me on his bike whilst I get parcels later from an An Post van.

Unfortunately for me its always the An Post van that does the rounds regardless, oh well tomorrow maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Well it is for me.

Postman delivers parcels at about 8/8:30am here. Follows it up with letterpost at about 11am. Same postman. So I know I'm not getting a delivery today.

Eoineo wrote: »
    Postman delivers parcels at about 8/8:30am here. Follows it up with letterpost at about 11am. Same postman. So I know I'm not getting a delivery today.

The Postman Always Rings Twice.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭maddymcmaddser

Well it is for me.

Bray packages don't get delivered until about 3pm usually, so I'm keeping the faith!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Castlebar argos seem to have 5 series S in stock and also have "order for collection on 11th to 13th November" on the X gonig by the website if that's useful to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I'd to take my TV off the wall to swap over the cables, a bit of a pain

If your tv isn’t a 120hz panel don’t bother. The cable is required for hdmi2.1 with 120hz panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Seriously. I feel like I'm using the old 'Santa NORAD Tracker' on Google Earth.

My order from MS had nothing until yesterday evening, then I got a shipping notice (so I reckoned it'll be here a couple of days late because they usually use UPS Saver shipping). Since then, it has gone from the UK to Germany and has now had an import scan in Ireland and is listed as delivery by 'End of Day Today'.

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Castlebar argos seem to have 5 series S in stock and also have "order for collection on 11th to 13th November" on the X gonig by the website if that's useful to anyone.
    How are you getting that? I'm just getting a red screen saying its out of stock?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,277 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Meesared wrote: »
    Ah ok cool! Thanks, I'll keep an eye out

They appear to have done them in little batches though the morning so keep refreshing and you might get lucky :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lionheartronin

My order from MS had nothing until yesterday evening, then I got a shipping notice (so I reckoned it'll be here a couple of days late because they usually use UPS Saver shipping). Since then, it has gone from the UK to Germany and has now had an import scan in Ireland and is listed as delivery by 'End of Day Today'.

Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed for you - Xbox Series X and extra controller pre-ordered from GameStop, console still hasn't been received by An Post after getting a dispatch email yesterday evening, and controller is on its way back to the Finglas depot from Galway after going from the Finglas depot to Galway last night for some reason...

I'm in Swords so no idea why it went to Galway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I've just received my S in the Midlands that was bought on Polish store. Left Netherlands last night via Cologne and Dublin to Athlone this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

Got mine in currys. They had a desk set up near the back where they were handling it. Needed the receipt from my email and id.

On the An Post delivery, I've had three separate postmen one day. Two with packages (one an post van/one enterprise van) and one with regular post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

what postcode area are you?

Im north Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Just picked up mine in Curry’s Jervis. No queue. Took about 10 minutes for them to process it. Looked to be about 50 on their preorder sheet, just for an idea of how many the stores could be getting

Also, just a heads up, I was asked for ID and to look at the email receipt to correlate numbers.
    Only remembered to bring the passport as I was heading out the door so might save someone two trips :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

my ups tracking just change to out for delivery

jumped straight from Tamworth to out for delivery

Out for Delivery 11/10/2020 9:59 A.M. Limerick, Ireland
    Past Event
    Shipped 11/06/2020 4:41 P.M. Tamworth, United Kingdom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Finally got the X in argos after a long trip to get it.

Argos systems wouldnt sell them so there were alot of anxious people. They got 20 consoles and had 20 reservations. Took about 90mins to sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheHouseIRL

Just got mine from the Tamworth 8:31 batch delivered in South Dublin. Hadn't had any update on the UPS tracker that it was out for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Fingers crossed.

Are you in Dublin?

I'm in the same batch as you, except my delivery is listed as by end of day tomorrow. I'm nowhere near Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Got mine in currys. They had a desk set up near the back where they were handling it. Needed the receipt from my email and id.

On the An Post delivery, I've had three separate postmen one day. Two with packages (one an post van/one enterprise van) and one with regular post.

Silly question, how big is the box? Thinking of what kind of bag to bring in.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Birneybau wrote: »
    Silly question, how big is the box? Thinking of what kind of bag to bring in.

It’s feckin BIG. Currys double-bagged it in two of their large bags and it’s a tonne. Workout for the day done :)

Edit: sorry that was OTT. A heavy duty One-for-All bag should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 44 luciddream

Just got mine from the Tamworth 8:31 batch delivered in South Dublin. Hadn't had any update on the UPS tracker that it was out for delivery.

I was in that 8:31 batch and I’m based in Clondalkin, hopefully hear something soon. Last update for me was being scanned in Dublin at 10pm last night. Enjoy the console!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

UPS (Gamestop Order) has updated to In transit now, so hopefully a good sign for today.

Advertisement