Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

It’s feckin BIG. Currys double-bagged it in two of their large bags and it’s a tonne. Workout for the day done :)

Its alot heavier than i thought. Fits in a large Lidl bag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭reniwren

Anyone else reserve with Argos, get confirmation email (normal one collect any time) but a text saying you shall receive another text when it arrives in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

luciddream wrote: »
    I was in that 8:31 batch and I’m based in Clondalkin, hopefully hear something soon. Last update for me was being scanned in Dublin at 10pm last night. Enjoy the console!

I'm in Clondalkin too, got an out for delivery notice at 10.28 but still nothing.
    Same batch from 8.31 on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Just got mine delivered, mine was in the batch that went to Germany last night.

The UPS guy nearly DROPPED THE BOX handing it to me, he was faffing with the scanner. I nearly had a heart attack.

Fun lunch break ahead setting it all up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MossieBass

Does anyone have any leads on anywhere that might be dripping some stock out during the day? Missed argos because of the phone glitch and have been trying to find somewhere non-stop since 7am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

reniwren wrote: »
    Anyone else reserve with Argos, get confirmation email (normal one collect any time) but a text saying you shall receive another text when it arrives in store?

I didn't even get a text.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

It’s feckin BIG. Currys double-bagged it in two of their large bags and it’s a tonne. Workout for the day done :)

Edit: sorry that was OTT. A heavy duty One-for-All bag should be fine

:D:D:D

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭nemoisback66

Picked up my Series X from Argos in Arklow thanks to @Ninthlife. Looking forward to getting stuck in later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

Mine out for delivery last update he was in swords

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

Did many people preorder from two outlets planning to cancel which ever was late

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still no word from UPS, they usually deliver in my area between now and 3pm, If i've seen nothing by 4pm then it may not arrive till tomorrow. Last time I had a delivery from UPS they missed 3 slots in a row, I don't have alot of confidence in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Well no surprise Gamestop let me down (finally got hold of them), no order today and no confirmation at all as to when I will get it, despite them holding my money.

My pre-order was 10am on launch morning when they opened.

Has anyone received confirmation from Gamestop as to when its second batch might come in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

8:59 AM
    Package arrived at an Amazon facility
    Saint Helens, Merseyside GB

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

Vudgie wrote: »
    Well no surprise Gamestop let me down (finally got hold of them), no order today and no confirmation at all as to when I will get it, despite them holding my money.

Has anyone received confirmation from Gamestop as to when its second batch might come in?

No nothing. Bit annoyed but my main issue was that the left stick on the controller was gone haywire. Didn't really want to spend money if I was going to get one in the next few weeks anyway. Order one on Amazon last night wasn't going to get it through gamestop online god only knows when it would arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Yeah I got email from them as I am in the 2nd wave due end of November. I only ordered on launch day in gamestop swords. I nearly wouldn't mind waiting till lockdown over on 1st December then it being delivered to the home incase delayed by days

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Series X just delivered in South Dublin. I was in the Tamworth batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

Gonzo wrote: »
    still no word from UPS, they usually deliver in my area between now and 3pm, If i've seen nothing by 4pm then it may not arrive till tomorrow. Last time I had a delivery from UPS they missed 3 slots in a row, I don't have alot of confidence in them.
    They don't even give you a time slot would rather DPD delivery it than UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Mine was in the 8:31 batch with no updates other than to say it arrived at Dublin last night but it was delivered today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Turning into Hyacinth Bucket today peeking through the feckin blinds every 5 mins

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Turning into Hyacinth Bucket today peeking through the feckin blinds every 5 mins

same here all day monitoring my phone, emails and peaking through the window whenever I hear anything outside.

• Advertisement

Wave 2 as they are calling it is due end of November. Thats all I've been told.

I was guaranteed no problem I will have it day 1 after trading in my xbox against it a week before pre orders. I suspect if the store was open they would have held it for me, but now that they are being delivered we've gone into the big pot of all orders from all stores and this has pushed us down the pecking order.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Out of interest did Smyths release any for general sale or Littlewoods?
    Both i was checking through the night

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭YESROH

Ninthlife wrote: »
    Out of interest did Smyths release any for general sale or Littlewoods?
    Both i was checking through the night

Not to date as I was looking all night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Oneoneone123

I am looking for a reservation/pre sale code for Xbox Series X if anyone has spare one please - for anywhere in Republic of Ireland or online. Thanks. PM me please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thebiglad

UPS are normally around my area at lunchtime but I got my delivery yesterday at 4pm so 'normal' is no measure for these couple of days.

My tracking was a checkin in Dublin on Sunday PM and then nothing until delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

UPS van sailed past my house about 15mins ago. No reason for them to come back this way so it looks like I'm waiting until tomorrow.

Finally arrived!!!!! UPS guy texted me about 5 minutes before delivery and he showed up moments after! The postal code on my address they used was based somewhere in central England and it went around the world to get to me, but it's finally here and as yet unopened!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

The postal code on my address they used was based somewhere in central England

It's Microsoft's. It's been on every package I've ever had delivered from them, even Mice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Arklow Argos, series X acquired - in and out in <5 minutes. Glad I spotted this at 4am for the ninja order when trying to get to sleep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I got my console and blue controller delivered, Dublin City centre. Ordered from Microsoft.

Play and charge kits were not delivered. I asked the UPS guy if there were any other packages for me and he said no.

No big deal if it doesn't arrive today, but I got the console and the controller. I can live using the batteries for the time being.

It does still say its out for delivery and estimate to arrive today.

Advertisement