Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭JohnB123456

8.31 batch.. delivered to Clondalkin in a taxi just now

Just managed to fluke another reservation for someone at Argos Blanchardstown, so keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Feckin' GS and An Post still no registering of tracking number. Maybe they're just messing

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭offalyguy25

the corpo wrote: »
    Feckin' GS and An Post still no registering of tracking number. Maybe they're just messing

I agree, it's very poor, I'm waiting on tracking since yesterday evening also, probably looking at tomorrow, or maybe next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Series S still available in Argos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Couple play n charge kits delivered by UPS, but it looks like the Seagate Card did go out separately (perhaps through regular post given there's no tracking info).
    Just have to keep an eye out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

My Polish store Series X just delivered. Sheet said one S and I nearly sheet myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

I agree, it's very poor, I'm waiting on tracking since yesterday evening also, probably looking at tomorrow, or maybe next week :)

Surely tomorrow or Thursday at the latest? All I know is that I have not received the usual text from An Post to say they have it yet which means the clock hasn't even started yet.

The additional bad news in relation to this is An Post recently changed their text to say it will be with us in "up to 3 working days" which has increased from two, which is what it used to say until the start of November. I used to get them the next day but I think my last package came two days after the message.

Should have tried Argos. They are a 5 min walk from me. Anyway, at least I have one coming so I won't complain too much. Lots of other people have been let down badly with this launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

anyone got one from harvey norman . pre-ordered from them with a nov 10th guarantee but not got a dispatch notice yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Theres at least one Series X available in Argos Drogheda to reserve for collection tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

peteeeed wrote: »
    anyone got one from harvey norman . pre-ordered from them with a nov 10th guarantee but not got a dispatch notice yet

Nope, we are waiting to find out what is happening. I saw them reply to someone on Twitter when asked why they didn't send them out sooner, they replied that they are sending them today because it's release day. Not sure they get how it works 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I recommend using the Xbox App to setup the new console. So fast and easy. All in all, 20 minutes to update console, load profiles and copy games to internal SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Picked one up from Harvey Norman Naas about 2 hours ago. Email and text went out saying ready for collection which is what I was waiting for. Very quick and friendly in-store.
    I don't know how they're handling deliveries though.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

I think I might have to give up checking the argos website for the good of my health. For anyone who did manage to reserve one could you say when the reservation is set to expire? Obviously I'd happily take a spare one off anyone's hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Probes wrote: »
    Nope, we are waiting to find out what is happening. I saw them reply to someone on Twitter when asked why they didn't send them out sooner, they replied that they are sending them today because it's release day. Not sure they get how it works ��

ive got the santa in the north pole message on my order status

'Our staff are busy preparing your order and getting it ready for you'

ElBarco wrote: »
    I think I might have to give up checking the argos website for the good of my health. For anyone who did manage to reserve one could you say when the reservation is set to expire? Obviously I'd happily take a spare one off anyone's hand!

Reservations last 2 days, so today and tomorrow to collect

**Edit** Friend got a call from an Argos store asking was he definitely going to collect as if not theyve a waiting list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭BenK

I got one in Navan Argos about 10 mins ago, might still be available. Reservation is from Wednesday to Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

Thanks for that. Navan back out of stock now. I'll be burning the midnight oil tonight by the looks of things.

Thanks for that. Navan back out of stock now. I'll be burning the midnight oil tonight by the looks of things.

Keep an eye on the unwanted codes thread too

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dugtastic

BenK wrote: »
    I got one in Navan Argos about 10 mins ago, might still be available. Reservation is from Wednesday to Friday.

Ah man, I've been checking Navan since 6am this morning. Did it just pop up with stock and you got lucky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Was just about to type that my Xbox was due to be delivered today. I got half way through writing it and UPS arrived! Two hours later, I'm back to say...IT ARRIVED!

Transferring over the content now.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭offalyguy25

Postman just gone by, nothing today, I'm in the sticks so only one delivery a day,

Easy for GS to send a tracking number once they print the label, but no guarantee it was sent to An Post yesterday evening,

Surely in this day and age they should be able to sort that out,

Ah well...... first world problems and all that, not to worry, could be worse,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

I did on the order I cancelled :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

It doesn't say. It's just a header with a number on it. Trying to contact the store but they won't answer the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Argos Carlow have some in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

BenK wrote: »

Thats what the email I got said but a few hours later I got a text saying ready for collect until the 16th of Nov

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭NeitherJohn

Mine arrived there now. Original 8.31 am batch. Went from Dublin at 10 pm to Cork just now with no update.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Going to go pickup mine in about an hour, I'm not too fussed about it today as I'm not even going to get a chance to use it before work.

:/

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bellerophon 13

Postman just gone by, nothing today, I'm in the sticks so only one delivery a day,

Easy for GS to send a tracking number once they print the label, but no guarantee it was sent to An Post yesterday evening,

Surely in this day and age they should be able to sort that out,

Ah well...... first world problems and all that, not to worry, could be worse,

While I completely agree that this is a 1st World Problem, it just shows a completely disconnect from the issue at hand, labels should be been printed & units sent for delivery on Fri last week. People do expect purchases on launch day. I feel GS have lost a lot of future business today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

got a scare as my extra controller has suddenly been delayed, no change on console

11/10/2020 11:06 A.M. Swords, Ireland
    We've incorrectly sorted this package which may cause a delay.

Advertisement