Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

lafors wrote: »
    It is shocking slow to copy games folks! even the transfer from old Xbox to new is very slow while connected to the same router via LAN.
    Hope you're not in a hurry to play when you get it.

If you haven't put an SSD in your old console it's probably that making it so slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Braytek

Such cynicism :), I can assure you i'm not. My buddy got shafted by gamestop, trying to help a bother out.

Same, gamestop have been terrible for this but it is unprecedented times so I guess need to be understanding

If anyone has arklow argos reservation for series X id take it no problem lol but its for me and not a kid so I can wait till new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

anyone else order from gamestop have full payment taken and not get their xbox today?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Jedi Fallen Order just got added to EA Play. Full game for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Hey guys long time since I had an Xbox just wondering will the Xbox one controller battery packs work on the S controller ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Conar

anyone else order from gamestop have full payment taken and not get their xbox today?

Yeah, pretty much everyone it seems bar one guy that posted earlier. Still not showing up on the An Post site for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

yup havent heard a thing,tracking number not working yet even with Anpost

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bellerophon 13

Yip

It's a good game contrary to what rabbid Dark Souls fans say

Been polished and bugs ironed out since launch also

A great time to get I to it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

It is shocking slow to copy games folks! even the transfer from old Xbox to new is very slow while connected to the same router via LAN.

I copied Forza Horizon 4 which was 75gb go to play it and there's 73gb update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 TheFalc55

No sign , took money 5 days ago and no tracking update from An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

Looking for one of these for my granny if some kind soul has one going spare.

The doctors say she's not got long left and playing the enhanced Gears 5 patch might be the only thing that could help.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Yip

No just a deposit for 2no machines..no contact from them at all since the launch of the pre order and only chased them down today.

Really poor service but I wasn't hopeful with them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Such a fun game, I played it on the easiest and had a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I copied Forza Horizon 4 which was 75gb go to play it and there's 73gb update

Same with Gears 5, huge update, around 79gb. To be expected but will be a while before I get to fire that one up with my crappy rural broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I didn't find it that slow yesterday and I copied loads of games over.

Just get one done first that you want to play and then let it install others in the background. It's a one off set up pain.

Address on box for my Series X was pretty much my name, and local village. No county, country or eircode and UK postcode for Microsoft. Its a miracle it ever got to me today with that info. I asked UPS driver did I need to sign and he say " your name is Tony isnt it" to which I said yes.....job done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Can I just check, the power lead with mine is two pin as I'd ordered via the French store. If I just order a three pin UK style from Microsoft, there's no difference ?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭j14

joe316 wrote: »
    Got sorted with HV earlier so my reservation for Ashbourne is available, first come first served.

Happy gaming folks!!

Reservation number: 772611 Reserved at: Ashbourne Retail Park
    Product Quantity Subtotal Reservation information
    Xbox Series X 1TB Console 844/8262 1
    €499.99

Reserved
    until the end of:
    Wednesday November 11th 2020
    Total: €499.99

Has this been claimed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Can I just check, the power lead with mine is two pin as I'd ordered via the French store. If I just order a three pin UK style from Microsoft, there's no difference ?

Any 3 pin figure 8 cable will do the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

spent most of the day figuring out which shelf it should sit on :)

got a quick 5 min blast of Ori and Gears 5. Both look and play amazingly well. I've a new 4K tv too so HDR actually works and isn't washed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Stichy

ShaunC wrote: »
    Have you still got the Athlone reservation mate?

Sorry it’s gone

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

skerry wrote: »
    Same with Gears 5, huge update, around 79gb. To be expected but will be a while before I get to fire that one up with my crappy rural broadband

Same as that.
    Atleast I saved doom eternal for just this eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

skerry wrote: »

I'm getting about 60mb/s and its taking its time

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Update my sister got her X box series S this morning , I just checked Cork Mahon Argos and 5 in stock if anyone is looking for one in that area . None available for Series X. Same available in Blackpool Cork.

Same as that.
    Atleast I saved doom eternal for just this eventually.

Have a nice few games copied over from external HD, Doom Eternal among them so plenty to keep me busy. You can start Gears around 8gb into that update so not so bad. Fired up Witcher 3 there and as reported the fast travel load times are insane, couple of seconds and your loaded into the new area.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why would you get a power cable from Microsoft? It's not proprietary.

The likes of this woulld to the job.

Alternatively, you can just get an adaptor.

Or if you can just cut the plug off an wire a normal Irish plug on to it,

Or if the two pins fit in your plug just open the gate on the socket and plug it in and it will be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Dezk1984 wrote: »
    Hi has anyone got a code for a series x for tullamore or naas I can swap for a carlow code series x, thanks.

The lockdown + these releases are making things so complicated !

Also, it's a real pity Argos can't move their stock around better.
    You should be able to nab an order anywhere and they'll move the order to that store (given a day or two).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why would you get a power cable from Microsoft? It's not proprietary.

The likes of this woulld to the job.

Alternatively, you can just get an adaptor.

Or if you can just cut the plug off an wire a normal Irish plug on to it,

Or if the two pins fit in your plug just open the gate on the socket and plug it in and it will be fine.

To be honest, I'd rather not take the risk of any warranty issue, especially not with a home wired plug. As it happens I have a spare Xbox plug that will fit, but just wanted to check there was nothing wierd and wonderful about them. Thanks anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 IrishSam94

I have a code for series X in Killarney argos if anyone wants it

Advertisement