Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gamergirl23

Anyone get a console from An post In cork/east cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

I got my series x just there at 4:30pm the thing heavy as hell.The controller has a nice feel to it so happy just setting it up at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I know it was in the thread earlier but what charger do people recommend for the controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Hococop wrote: »
    I know it was in the thread earlier but what charger do people recommend for the controller?

Rechargeable AA batteries (IKEA Ladda, Eneloops etc) and a battery charger. One pair in the cradle and one pair in the controller, always ready to swap when empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

Anyone waiting on Harvey Norman, I just got an email notification from them that mines dispatched. So looks like it is happening for us after all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

To be honest, I'd rather not take the risk of any warranty issue, especially not with a home wired plug. As it happens I have a spare Xbox plug that will fit, but just wanted to check there was nothing wierd and wonderful about them. Thanks anyway

I really don't think there would be any warranty issue with a home plug.

Also, if you returned the console you'd only return the console itself for repair not a cable.

Anyhow, hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Xbox live sign in servers down 👎 just when all the Americans received theirs and started logging in I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 IrishSam94

IrishSam94 wrote: »
    I have a code for series X in Killarney argos if anyone wants it

gone

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭elusiveguy

Just picked up an X from Argos :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

Anybody having trouble sign into there account on there series x just keep getting the white circle going around and notting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Getting a consistent 150mps download speed over WiFi, crazy. The controller was nice but I pretty quickly jumped back to my elite controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Still waiting for my delivery

UPS tracking says out for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

rob808 wrote: »
    Anybody having trouble sign into there account on there series x just keep getting the white circle going around and notting.

The servers are currently crippled. America is waking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭YESROH

I still have a code for an x series in Argos Tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Still waiting for my delivery

UPS tracking says out for delivery
    from where?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Got my Series X & S today.

Anyone find the disc drive incredibly noisy? It makes a kind of grinding sound almost when installing games from a disc..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

from where?

Microsoft direct

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Smyths letterkenny had 160 preorders and 9 spare this morn. Still 30 left to be collected

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Thank god Virgin Media don't have a data cap.. been a busy day of updates so far

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

fifth wrote: »
    Got my Series X & S today.

Anyone find the disc drive incredibly noisy? It makes a kind of grinding sound almost when installing games from a disc..

Installed Dirt 5 from disc and it was a lil bit noisy nothing too loud though, the console when the disc is not spinning is very quite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

maximoose wrote: »
    Thank god Virgin Media don't have a data cap.. been a busy day of updates so far

I've nearly filled the SSD already :(

Gamestop Ireland are a ****ing disgrace

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

Anyone else from the Cologne group still waiting for theirs to come? Mine's still in Dublin and scheduled by the end of tomorrow.

Gamestop Ireland have their head office number that you cant call no surprise there. seriously considering telling my bank to claw my money back now

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

I am now in Finglas! (well, arrived at Facility @ 1pm updated 1 hour ago) so I'd say it may be tomorrow at this stage

I hope pretty much everyone who was after their shiny new machine got theirs today, have to say I'm loving it.

Over the course of the day I managed to sort out 3 fellow boardsies with unneeded pre-orders or Argos codes, and will continue to be on the lookout.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Gamestop Ireland have their head office number that you cant call no surprise there. seriously considering telling my bank to claw my money back now

Is it coming with An Post?

I was sending my Series X to a friend yesterday as he couldn't get a pre-order and I wanted to sort him out and the lady in the post office said they are swamped at the moment and to expect a delay in delivery to my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

bazzz wrote: »
    The servers are currently crippled. America is waking up.

Destiny 2 firing up their largest update ever was probably best held on another day than the launch of the new consoles. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is it coming with An Post?

I was sending my Series X to a friend yesterday as he couldn't get a pre-order and I wanted to sort him out and the lady in the post office said they are swamped at the moment and to expect a delay in delivery to my friend.

If they are this slow now god help them on Black Friday lol, it will be like Armageddon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭jammer84

Just checked An Post tracking ID from GameStop in store pre-order. Says they have the post in Dublin since 12:46 this afternoon

Advertisement