Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

antifyre wrote: »
    Destiny 2 firing up their largest update ever was probably best held on another day than the launch of the new consoles. :rolleyes:

Ah jaysus. Are servers still down?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If they are this slow now god help them on Black Friday lol, it will be like Armageddon.

I live in a small enough town and the postman told me last Wednesday that for the first time ever they had over 2000 packages in the sorting office for that day.

This week and next are going to be mental on An Post with the new consoles, big sale on Nike last week (they use An Post and usually take a week to send out don't they?), and then lock down online shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭offalyguy25

jammer84 wrote: »
    Just checked An Post tracking ID from GameStop in store pre-order. Says they have the post in Dublin since 12:46 this afternoon

Yep mine has been there since 11:45 today, will it make it to me for tomorrow, hope so

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

got my shipment email from harvey norman , picked up from carrickmines by the courier , should have it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

skerry wrote: »
    Ah jaysus. Are servers still down?

Whole Xbox Live is down / has issues - there's quite the kerfuffle on Twitter about it. Although needing to access a server to get into the console and use it is a genuine issue!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

Mr.S wrote: »
    Is there much difference between 4K UHD @ 60 Hz vs120Hz?

My tv “only” supports 60 HZ, but supports 4K and HDR10, so wondering how much I’m missing out on :D
    yea there big difference but there only handful of games that will use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is it coming with An Post?

I was sending my Series X to a friend yesterday as he couldn't get a pre-order and I wanted to sort him out and the lady in the post office said they are swamped at the moment and to expect a delay in delivery to my friend.

yEAH TITIAN, Pissed off now

antifyre wrote: »
    Whole Xbox Live is down / has issues - there's quite the kerfuffle on Twitter about it. Although needing to access a server to get into the console and use it is a genuine issue!

Can you not go into settings and go to offline mode on the console?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

GameStop parcel scanned in CityWest sorting hub at 12:07 today. Hard to say whether it’ll arrive tomorrow or not. I guess I’ll know early tomorrow.

yEAH TITIAN, Pissed off now

Yea I'd say you're goosed until tomorrow at the earliest so. Hopefully it's not any longer though!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

just got this on the an post site

Current status: We have your post in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12

that was 11:49

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Who lives in Dublin 12? Who can get blueprints for the parcel hub? Who's got boltcutters?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Not as big as I was thinking , heavy though

Packed the scorpio away, had the original box, packaging , styrofoam etc bag for the controller

Literally looks brand new boxed

Hope it sells

With the series x , do the same , keep all boxes, packaging

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Anyone with a spare code they are not using if so please PM me pretty please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Is there much difference between 4K UHD @ 60 Hz vs120Hz?

My tv “only” supports 60 HZ, but supports 4K and HDR10, so wondering how much I’m missing out on :D

I think this gen you're going to see performance mode or quality mode a lot. I would always go for quality though myself. 120hz I'd need a new telly, I'll be happy at 60 with all the bells and whistles.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭SkySter

Anyone got a spare code please?

I have a young lad here is who is going to be mighty disappointed if I don't get this sorted for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I had Cyberpunk pre-ordered, not out til December now so asked the brothers to grab it for me as belated birthday present.

Decided today, F it, grab me Assassin's Creed Valhalla. Currently installing. 41gb original, 46gb Series X upgrade on top of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭deano_rich

Bit late to this,

But just discovered this thread after a long day of refreshing every possible website hoping for a Series X.

If anyone could please send me a spare code for Argos or any other site it would be greatly appreciated :(

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

So, mine arrived too. It's not as big as I thought it could have been. It looks great vertical, very stylish.

Although, I'm going to end up with mine in the TV cabinet - moved a shelf around and it fits in with enough ventilation. Looks funny on it's side though. I'm not sure if it's how tall it looks or that the disc drive is waaaaayyyyyy over to the top-left (and the Xbox button is sideways).

Installing updates and raring to go now. Might call in sick to work tomorrow :-)

For anyone looking at a play and charge kit for the new controller. The old Play and Charge kit works fine with it, if you have one (you'd need a USB-C cable instead, though ... If you have any android phone you'll be grand for cables)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anyone who ordered off MS last night hear anything back yet. I had a failed payment as my bank locked my card for some reason so I'm wondering if that held up my order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Got console. Plugged in console. Xbox won't sign into Microsoft account:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

"UPS" (aka some lad with a van) just delivered mine in Dublin 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 kaddypenny

I had created a ticket with Gamestop and they mentioned that while they try to get preorders to customers on Day 1, please allow for 2 - 3 days delivery.

Money was taken out Thursday.

Received An Post tracking last night.

Shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,319 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Got console. Plugged in console. Xbox won't sign into Microsoft account:rolleyes:

Had that issue myself. Turned it off for a while, went for dinner, came back and it allowed me to add user.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

"UPS" (aka some lad with a van) just delivered mine in Dublin 18.

There is hope for me yet so

Still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dezk1984

I have 2 series s codes for argos one in tullamore the other naas if any use to anyone pm me

Xbox Live is down. Probably due to the amount of new consoles logging in and the new destiny update.

Seems loud when downloading ?

Didn’t hear anything with one x

Yeah I have mine beside my One S downloading away and there’s zero noise from the Series X, but the One S is loud as hell!

Mine makes a contacts hiss/static sound

Doesn’t sound right . Oh dear

It’s stopped making the sound after 5 mins

Quiet now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Has anyone wall mounted the series x yet? Hardly?

Advertisement