Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭AH92

Just a quick question lads what number did you guys use to call microsoft support? Can't seem to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Was talking to a guy I know does work for argos he said the people who went online today and took all the preorders were as bad as scalpers ****ed up the rotation of stock for everyone... with all due respect stop that ****

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Installed Dead Space 2, to finish it off, and the difference between playing it last night on Xbox One and tonight... It looks better straight off, and it's an Xbox 360 game!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Probes wrote: »
    Anyone waiting on Harvey Norman, I just got an email notification from them that mines dispatched. So looks like it is happening for us after all!

Haven't heard from them at all.. ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Was talking to a guy I know does work for argos he said the people who went online today and took all the preorders were as bad as scalpers ****ed up the rotation of stock for everyone... with all due respect stop that ****

Argos had them available to reserve, you hardly expect people not to buy them. Argos got paid so I'm sure they aren't too worried

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Argos had them available to reserve, you hardly expect people not to buy them. Argos got paid so I'm sure they aren't too worried

Yes, don’t understand the problem

If you advertise them , people shouldn’t reserve online ?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭george67

You can't walk in to Argos without a reservation , Covid rules

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I think the issue is not that people are reserving to buy them but reserving them from anywhere in order to trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

That's like a TicketMaster employee or the act itself getting annoyed because a fan bought a ticket to the event. I don't know how someone claiming a preorder is doing something wrong?

DM_2092 wrote: »
    That's like a TicketMaster employee or the act itself getting annoyed because a fan bought a ticket to the event. I don't know how someone claiming a preorder is doing something wrong?
    people from cork preordering in naas????? thats not wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭ElBarco

Someone on here pointed me to a store taking reservations, I reserved and picked it up. Did argos do some sort of preorder too?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

DM_2092 wrote: »

It sounds like someone thats bitter over not getting one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well it's not wrong if they can/could collect it in naas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

well in fairness to that im in KK and id would pre order country wide if im travelling with work to them areas and they dont have what im looking for in my local

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Haven't heard from them at all.. ☹️

Well to be honest I'm not entirely sure about my order still. They sent me an email saying it's been dispatched, but when I look at the tracking it simply says that DPD received the order in September, but it doesn't say anywhere that they've collected the goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

I’m due to collect mine tomorrow morning from the UPS depot but on MS’s order history it says delivery failed - processing refund. Refund will be issued in 4-7 days :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AnniePowwa

If you've a series s which version of cold War should you get?

It sounds like someone thats bitter over not getting one
    not at all mine will be delivered tomorrow from gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I don't think he means those people who just reserved and collected their console, but rather those that just booked up the reservation numbers without wanting or needing them. So anyone that genuinely wanted a console couldn't get one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I don't think he means those people who just reserved and collected their console, but rather those that just booked up the reservation numbers without wanting or needing them. So anyone that genuinely wanted a console couldn't get one.

They will go back into the system on Thursday if they aren't collected so people can still get some :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Kimbot wrote: »
    They will go back into the system on Thursday if they aren't collected so people can still get some :)

Thursday is a long wait in not having a new console hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

People will exploit a system to their advantage if it allows it, all you need is a phone number and email. The system itself doesn't recognize if you have an order registered elsewhere.

There also doesn't seem to be a way to cancel a reservation as far as i can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

The quick resume is the best thing ever. Jumping between F12019 and Assassin's Creed is just deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Has anyone seen my Series X?

Hmm.. That is wrong.

I thought it was implying the issue was surrounding people being there on the button at 5am because they were lucky enough to be awake, but more importantly smart enough to be in a Boards Thread! :D

Mr.S wrote: »
    Holy moly. Just loaded up Battlefield 5 campaign and it looks glorious on the Series X.

did you have a one x to compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I've been enjoying playing Gears 5 tonight. It looks great.

Been checking temperature of box regularly and at no stage does it every get too hot to touch. I really don't know where these stories of them getting hot have come from.

Not a sound from it either which is brilliant.

This is going to a be a great gaming generation, especially when more games built for it are released.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I collected my Series S today and I think the hardware looks great. Nice and small.

It's the first Xbox I've played since the 360 and I wasn't prepared for how awful the UI is. Then I had to try to set up a profile for my son and that was a nightmare. It wouldn't let me approve his account in the MS site, kept getting 404 errors.

In the end had to create a new email address and account. Then I had to link his Epic account and it took a while to stop it trying to link to his previous MS email address.

To be fair, it did retrieve my 360 profile as if by magic.

Welp, I guess I'll try again tomorrow to get one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I collected my Series S today and I think the hardware looks great. Nice and small.

It's the first Xbox I've played since the 360 and I wasn't prepared for how awful the UI is. Then I had to try to set up a profile for my son and that was a nightmare. It wouldn't let me approve his account in the MS site, kept getting 404 errors.

In the end had to create a new email address and account. Then I had to link his Epic account and it took a while to stop it trying to link to his previous MS email address.

To be fair, it did retrieve my 360 profile as if by magic.

I think the 404 errors are due to problems with Xbox servers as the world installs their Xboxes, Game Pass etc.
    So I'd give that time.

A lot of people complain about the UI but I don't get it to be honest, but I suppose I'm just used to it as I'm with Xbox so long.

You'll get used to it. I never have trouble finding what I need.

Advertisement