Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I cant seem to get party chat working .. it works on my one s on strict then can't hear anyone when I move to series x

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Something just occurred to me after playing most of the day, my controller doesn’t vibrate...

I take it it’s supposed to?
    Just checking the settings and vibration is turned on.

Have played Ori 1 and Outer Worlds and nothing.

Anyone know is it just the games I’ve played?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭ozmo

Jedi Fallen Order just got added to EA Play. Full game for free.

Just found that myself - playing it now - runs so smooth.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Something just occurred to me after playing most of the day, my controller doesn’t vibrate...

Try the controller accessories app and under configure (I think) you can set to the controller to buzz. Thatd be a sure fire way of ascertaining if it's working or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Hardly disabled in the in game menu?

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    ... I really don't know where these stories of them getting hot have come from....

Same here - super quiet - I believe the Expansion SD Card gets hot - and that's what the video showed - but its supposed to - as the SD card case is all metal and so basically a big heatsink for the chips inside that are running crazy speeds.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

It definitely doesn't mind putting out some heat....thats a good thing. Probably no more than the OneX did, its just in a more accessible spot (right out the top) than the previous consoles were designed to. Sticking your face over it after or during a session etc
    Certainly can't be put in an enclosed environment.

Question - any way to turn down the brightness on the controller light logo - thought the fancy controllers could do this - or will I have to resort to packing tape again :/

I like playing my console in the dark and its like a search light.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

murpho999 wrote: »
    I've been enjoying playing Gears 5 tonight. It looks great.

Been checking temperature of box regularly and at no stage does it every get too hot to touch. I really don't know where these stories of them getting hot have come from.

Not a sound from it either which is brilliant.

This is going to a be a great gaming generation, especially when more games built for it are released.

Mine has been on for about 12 hours and it isn't even warm, whisper quiet as well

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ozmo wrote: »
    Question - any way to turn down the brightness on the controller light logo - thought the fancy controllers could do this - or will I have to resort to packing tape again :/

I like playing my console in the dark and its like a search light.

Is there an option in the accessories app?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Gears 5 looks amazing after thr patch. Butter smooth and lighting is awesome. Started new campaign and really enjoying it. Looking forward to seeing Forza performance after patch downloads and try Gears Tactics tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭R.F.

Microsoft having server issues and Outlook, Teams and Xbox have been affected. Just in case anyone having some issues this evening

My outlook was down but seems to be back working now

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

McDermotX wrote: »
    Try the controller accessories app and under configure (I think) you can set to the controller to buzz. Thatd be a sure fire way of ascertaining if it's working or not.

Oh thanks! That set off a buzz in the top pedals :)

skerry wrote: »
    Gears 5 looks amazing after thr patch. Butter smooth and lighting is awesome. Started new campaign and really enjoying it. Looking forward to seeing Forza performance after patch downloads and try Gears Tactics tomorrow night

The load times in Forza are about 30 seconds quicker, the details in the cars is very impressive

PsychoPete wrote: »
    The load times in Forza are about 30 seconds quicker, the details in the cars is very impressive

Looking forward to that tomorrow now. Put on Witcher 3 there and fast travel load time is about 3 seconds. Seriously impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

I’m due to collect mine tomorrow morning from the UPS depot but on MS’s order history it says delivery failed - processing refund. Refund will be issued in 4-7 days :confused:

Think I could end up in a similar situation if I'm not able to be there for my delivery. Supposed to be delivered tomorrow but I've had issues with my payment method.

Hopefully we can get them first and try to resolve it with MS.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Which Forza is the best version to play? Want to try out a car game but there's a few different versions.

I think Forza Horizon 4 is the only one that has Series X patch. Meaty update of around 70gb but should look unreal, it looked great to begin with

Mr.S wrote: »
    Which Forza is the best version to play? Want to try out a car game but there's a few different versions.

I think Horizon 4 but Motorsport 7 is also on gamepass if you want a more racing sim feel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

skerry wrote: »
    I think Forza Horizon 4 is the only one that has Series X patch. Meaty update of around 70gb but should look unreal, it looked great to begin with

Just playing it now and it looks amazing, and load times are drastically reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I say there will be a lot of angry people on the ps5 preorder thread next week waiting for orders. Multiple it by a lot compared to the xbox. I see people having issues with gamestop wel I'm in wave 2 come end of November i would prefer to collect in store when restrictions end 1st December so I wouldn't be a curtain twitcher watching out for my delivery to arrive ha a lot less stress I think. I think people have aged on this thread with stress waiting and still waiting to get their new console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Some old games looking great on XSX. Used both original 360 discs for these games :D

RDR (2010)
    2b9f5996-fd92-497e-aa28-420858cb974e.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=qoZnDL%2BXvhrQ9eBqtnV9n2psNetL8IvHFjHOrII6RAs%3D

116bad06-165d-4efb-9c15-875dc1b4564c.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=YqJFdUlP0ndZ5jDv5ZlibkMGSw83BYpzVbmw5D0MIxU%3D

Splinter Cell: Blacklist (2013)

891fae93-7a69-40f1-bbf0-dff7e1151ae4.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=VRAOgMvo%2BCDdbi2JqFPyX81X5YBi1N3X%2FwOoq1A73ro%3D

1dfd57af-eda3-47c5-b872-5cac84f4d23b.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=IV9qDmufDhWbrxXMEnUgtM00bWDVzJKERewdL%2BCbkA8%3D

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Something not right with my Xbox

Installing and back making a constant noise

Tried Master Chief Collection there and its not running properly at all. No sound and screen really dark. That was from external HDD but shouldn't make a difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

We already have an xbox one x in the house but was thinking of picking up a xbox series s for another room. I have a game pass ultimate sub for 2.5yrs - can we use the same login/game pass for both (provided im not logged into both at the same time)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Anyone else from the Cologne group still waiting for theirs to come? Mine's still in Dublin and scheduled by the end of tomorrow.

Yup. Its been in Dublin longer than it was in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Teothican

whats the picture like on your TV`s with and without HDMI 2.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Just a black screen here, I can here the console is on and the sign in sound but no picture... not a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Something not right with my Xbox

Installing and back making a constant noise

Disc drive noise?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Teothican wrote: »
    whats the picture like on your TV`s with and without HDMI 2.1?

I'm still waiting for my HDMI 2.1 Tv to be delivered and then I also Have to wait for my Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 kaddypenny

Update:

Gamestop An Post

"Your delivery has been sorted in Dublin Parcel Hub Dublin 12"

Advertisement