Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,098 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

folks has anyone who ordered from MS on Monday night / tuesday am had any updates yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 doneyrotten

I see a few got sorted elsewhere which is great! So if anyone has a north east / dublin based argos reservation code for the Series X I'd really appreciate it. Like many I've been trying desperately to get my hands on one since 7am yesterday with no joy. Cheers in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

MS order from Cologne due by end of day delivered in Cork about an hour ago. Waiting for the MS pending charge to show up again but happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Cyrus wrote: »
    folks has anyone who ordered from MS on Monday night / tuesday am had any updates yet?

A friend said his is out for delivery today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Monolake

My Series S arrived before launch day and from the fast frame rates to the upgraded graphics this does not feel underpowered.

The GPU specs cannot really be compared to now last gen consoles as the architecture is vastly different and the CPU is the same one in the X clocked a little slower.
    There are also no performance bottlenecks in the console 1080p and 1440p upscaled to 4k looks really good and there is no shimmering on the edge of objects like last gen.
    Raytracing works just fine and apart from the upscaling it feels like a performance beast.

Rendering resolution is really the only meaningful difference and the upscaling is not like anything seen on the last gen consoles this thing looks good.
    The thing has Dolby Vision and 7.1 sound and it really can do 120FPS.

If you don't use discs and the smaller storage is not an issue on optimised games this thing is the same as the Series X.

I have been blown away by the performance on this little console I don't think you need to worry about power.

Having said all that the one thing I would warn you about is the 512GB SSD there is only 364GB of this free the rest is reserved for system use.
    I have ordered the 1TB expansion SSD at €250.

You can use USB HDDs and SSDs to store and play games off but games that use next gen features need to run off either the internal drive or the official expansion.
    Next gen games can be stored on USB drives but they must be moved to either the internal drive or the official expansion card to run.

A USB SSD will load up games really fast to play from all 3 previous generations except for games that have been patched to take advantage of the next gen magic.

Brilliant. Thank you.

It sounds like the perfect solution. I haven't upgraded to a 4K TV yet so I really cannot justify going all out on next gen right now as well as a PC later. 1080p with better performance and some quality of life improvements is exactly where I am at the moment.

Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,098 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

MS order from Cologne due by end of day delivered in Cork about an hour ago. Waiting for the MS pending charge to show up again but happy days.

was that ordered monday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

jaykay2 wrote: »
    GameStop delivery was only received by An Post yesterday. Hasn't left Dublin hub yet and no text message received notifying me about the package (from An Post).

Hasn't had an update on their tracking system since yesterday afternoon. Obviously won't be here today either.

Was just coming on to see if anyone is in the same boat. Mine is exactly the same. Usually get an email to say it's out for delivery. So won't be coming. It's for my son for Xmas so no rush really,but it's bad form considering how far back I preordered. You would expect it on the release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Blazer wrote: »
    I’ve worked in software development and various other depts within IT and I’ve used an Xbox ever since the first one launched and I can’t find my way around the UI ever since they changed it for the Xbox one. Complete and utter mess.
    Just read MS’s notes for each upgrade, every time it’s to speed it up or improve the navigation on it. And yet they have it utterly wrong,

One thing to note is that kids have no issue whatsoever with it, they've no problems adapting to it and finding anything pretty quickly which is a good reflection of the GUI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Was just coming on to see if anyone is in the same boat. Mine is exactly the same. Usually get an email to say it's out for delivery. So won't be coming. It's for my son for Xmas so no rush really,but it's bad form considering how far back I preordered. You would expect it on the release day.
    I got no email or text to say it was out for delivery. I checked the An Post tracker this morning at about 8am and it showed that it was out for delivery. Postman arrived soon after. Like you, I normally get an email and/or a text for a package but didn't receive one this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

[PHP][/PHP]

Last update was "We have your post and are getting it ready for delivery" at 11pm last night so 🤷*♂️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Am I missing something, it seems you can't order direct from Microsoft it links you to retailers?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Vudgie wrote: »
    Am I missing something, it seems you can't order direct from Microsoft it links you to retailers?

It just means that they have none in stock. When they get more, they'll have a button for purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭micks_address

Question re controllers folks - do the XBox One S controllers work with the X Box X?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Question re controllers folks - do the XBox One S controllers work with the X Box X?

Yes. Vice versa too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yes they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Buttros

Regarding the Controller the site has the following...

Easily pair and switch between devices including Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, Windows 10 PC and Android

What does this mean in practice. Cant seem to find a full answer online.

I wont be buying a new Xbox anytime soon but the controller I use with the PC is starting to show its age (rubber falling off the left thumb pad). I currently use the Xbox One X controller with my PC (Probably 90% of my gaming) and the original Xbox One Controller with the Xbox (lack of Bluetooth) .... Would love if it was along the lines of my mouse and keyboard which is just pressing a button to switch devices. Cant imagine its that easy...

Anyway I presume since I will be getting a new controller the new one for Eur 60 is a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

Cyrus wrote: »
    was that ordered monday night?

No. Ordered first day they went live with preorders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

According to UPS site my Series X, which arrived yesterday, is due for delivery today, weird system they have.

Hope everyone waiting for theirs today gets sorted. Would advise anyone planning on taking a day off to enjoy it to take the day after you get the console off. Lot of big updates for next gen patches and unless you have blazing fast Broadband you might be spending your day off looking at a loading progress bar.

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Yes they do.

Cool.. would battery packs bought for x box one s controllers work in the x series controller? i just bought two last week.. i assume should be no reason they wouldnt?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Cool.. would battery packs bought for x box one s controllers work in the x series controller? i just bought two last week.. i assume should be no reason they wouldnt?

I have a set I bought for my Elite Gen 1 and they don’t fit. They’re the right size but the little clips to hold them in place are wrong so it won’t clip into place. Not sure if that’s going to be across the board though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

My MS Battery pack for an Xbox One X controller fits and works in the new controller no problem.

You will need a USB C cable to charge it though.

MS have done their best to make sure all our old equipment works on the new generation which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Yesterday's delivery still hasn't arrived.

UPS are bad and their tracking is worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Yesterday's delivery still hasn't arrived.

UPS are bad and their tracking is worse.

Nightmare man,

Hope you get sorted soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭jaykay2

If you have the tracking code from GameStop, just put it into the An Post package tracking website or app. It skipped a number of steps overnight and is now out for delivery so expecting delivery this afternoon thankfully.

I would imagine yours is the same. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I have a set I bought for my Elite Gen 1 and they don’t fit. They’re the right size but the little clips to hold them in place are wrong so it won’t clip into place. Not sure if that’s going to be across the board though.

The Elite Gen 1 has compatibility issues with non official battery packs. Pretty much buy the official pack or use rechargeable AAs

murpho999 wrote: »
    My MS Battery pack for an Xbox One X controller fits and works in the new controller no problem.

You will need a USB C cable to charge it though.

MS have done their best to make sure all our old equipment works on the new generation which is great.

i tried the battery back and it fits but the cover won't fit on the new controller.. tabs are in a different space.. hopefully the manufacture can supply battery covers that will work. Can play without the cover i suppose.

These are ones i got

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07G5M8C5R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Oh there's no optical audio port, my LS30 headset is not going to work. How did I miss that? Ah well, no better excuse to get a new headset :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Agent Avenger

I went to the UPS depot this morning to collect the parcel that they said they would hold for me only to be told they had passed it on to Nightline last night. Then I went to the Nightline depot to collect it and was told it had left for delivery an hour ago. So I asked them to check the address as I had a feeling UPS didn’t bother to update it when I rang yesterday, lo and behold I was correct, still wrong address so they said they would ring the driver with the correct address. I just hope they do or they’ll never find the house. Another day of waiting around and I can’t even track the package anymore as even though UPS own Nightline they don’t seem to share tracking numbers and the UPS tracking isn’t updating anymore. I did get to meet and greet a customs dog in the UPS depot though!

Advertisement