Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

GazzaL wrote: »
    The volumes being handled by all couriers at the moment is mental.

Fully appreciate that.
    However when you have orders that shipped after and delivered before then there is a problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

I would saying those working to get these things out are having a nightmare.
    On top of that they have the PS5 coming in less than a week.

Very true I don't know why all gamestop stores could not have opened the day before release launch day and day after it on xbox and ps5 least cut down on them having to send it by courier and less giving out about the company then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Those videos of 'smoke' are fake lads, come on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

fifth wrote: »
    Those videos of 'smoke' are fake lads, come on.

I have to admit the very first one in that video doses look like vape but it is funny.:D

A few units do seem to be having problems with noisy disc drives.

I have to admit the very first one in that video doses look like vape but it is funny.:D

Yeah mine is! But am a bit reluctant to send it back at the minute. Might not see it back before the christmas break. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Very true I don't know why all gamestop stores could not have opened the day before release launch day and day after it on xbox and ps5 least cut down on them having to send it by courier and less giving out about the company then.

We can't even buy a pair of underpants in the shops at the moment I don't think games consoles are viewed as essential by the dinosaurs in Government.

lfc200 wrote: »
    Fully appreciate that.
    However when you have orders that shipped after and delivered before then there is a problem...

I work in distribution not game consoles but I can tell you when orders kick into overdrive it is all hands on deck overtime stress and chaos.

People will be working extra hours and weekends to get through the workload any problems will be put aside until things settle down a bit.

It sucks I know but I am just telling you the truth of how things operate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Hi All,
    Can I get some tips please. I downloaded the Xbox APP. Do I need to register my old console first before setting up the Xbox X. Will I be able to transfer my games easier then . Thanks

(Fairplay to everyone in this thread. I got mine delivered this morning. It 100% would not of been happening without this thread. Legends the lot of ya:D )

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gamergirl23

Anyone from east Cork(Ireland) get there console yet ???

• Registered Users Posts: 22,171 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Mine just arrived

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Finally got it today from MS to Cork. Nightline ended up delivering it so that’s why UPS tracking wasn’t updating. Annoying but at least nightline driver is regularly delivering here so knows my house. Wont be using it till after work but must of got a wack off something cause an inch hole gone through cardboard and pierced xbox box but didnt go through the foam on inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

lfc200 wrote: »
    Shambolic is what it is. Just spoke to UPS support, they can't tell me when it's going to be delivered.

I rang there now and got them to update the address, girl took the mobile number and eircode and said driver would be in contact.

Unfortunately credit then went so unsure if it will be today or not.

Seems if you ring and get them to update your address it might help.

For anyone having noisy disc drive issues, I read on reddit that resetting the console and unplugging it for 5 minutes can fix it. This worked for me, I am installing AC: Valhalla from the disc now and it's as quiet as my One X was.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Can I get some tips please. I downloaded the Xbox APP. Do I need to register my old console first before setting up the Xbox X. Will I be able to transfer my games easier then . Thanks

(Fairplay to everyone in this thread. I got mine delivered this morning. It 100% would not of been happening without this thread. Legends the lot of ya:D )

Should just be a case of booting up and following the instructions.

There's two ways of transferring games, either through a USB drive, in which case it's just plug and play, or over the network, which requires them both to be on at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

fifth wrote: »
    For anyone having noisy disc drive issues, I read on reddit that resetting the console and unplugging it for 5 minutes can fix it. This worked for me, I am installing AC: Valhalla from the disc now and it's as quiet as my One X was.

wow that seems like an unusual fix for a hardware issue... heat related?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

hots wrote: »

No, most likely an initialisation issue (i.e. the drive doesn't swap from "start up mode" into "normal running mode") rather than anything heat related. The hard reset makes it go through it all again, so it works the second time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I have to say I miss the light not being on the new charge cable showing it charging and then when it's finished. MS missed a trick on that one. Delighted with the console though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Apparently the one smoking like a chimney was Snoops, make of that what you will...

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭fergald

I have xbox series s for argos for my son, anyone want to swap for ps5 and cash difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

My niece had her Series X order refunded by Harvey Norman. Anyone know where she'd have the best chance of finding one for her in Cork. Thinking Argos but they seem to be out of stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

hots wrote: »

Why is everyone obsessed with heat on this console when there is no heat issue?

I wouldn't expect heat in the part of console where the drive ie.

Thing is millions of consoles got started up over the last 2 days and 99.9% are fine.

With tech you'll always get some failures but it does not mine it's a console wide problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

Both have safely arrived! I’ve a very happy mate en route to collect, and I just seemed to have finished work for the evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Did anyone get there gamestop preorders today or not get theres like me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭quokula

As someone with little interest in Backwards Compatibility, I was surprised to find Fight Night for Xbox 360 holds up surprisingly well when I tried it from Game Pass. Helps that we've gone a whole generation without a boxing game, I've actually occasionally played Knockout Kings for PS1 on my Raspberry Pi over the last few years in the absence of any other boxing games (it holds up a lot less well)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Did anyone get there gamestop preorders today or not get theres like me?

They should have been here today. But it looks like An Post are up the walls and there's delays on everything. You probably got your tracking number yesterday.

Got an email from GameStop labelled "An update about your Order" and opened it up thinking it was for my Series X, turns out it was for the Mario Game & Watch.

disappointed-hercules.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭george67

Thor wrote: »
    I have a reservation for an XBox Series X in Tallaght if anyone needs one. Has to be collected today

Big thanks to Thor for X code , a true gentleman ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

george67 wrote: »
    Big thanks to Thor for X code , a true gentleman ðŸ‘

Glad to hear you got it okay.

Hope your son enjoys it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Couple of issues presenting itself after a few hours today.....not talking about smoke or anything.....just software related, hopefully.
    Realised I hadn't tried out the drive, so stuck in a UHD and had to try a couple times after downloading the app to get going......seemed to play fine after with regard to HDR/Atmos etc
    Black screen on a reboot after the startup logo...
    Reset halfway through the startup logo...

Could just be bugs in the build or combination factors such as software resident in memory, USB and Segate Card attached etc
    Kind of stuff that may only be presenting itself with the end users.

• Advertisement

Advertisement