Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭lfc200

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I rang there now and got them to update the address, girl took the mobile number and eircode and said driver would be in contact.

Unfortunately credit then went so unsure if it will be today or not.

Seems if you ring and get them to update your address it might help.

Any luck with yours?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RareMan

If anyone happened to have an unwanted pre order in the Northern Dublin area, would someone mind pm-ing me? Hoping to make a little lads Christmas this year

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, a few minor software bugs. Personally, I've had the controller stop working. It was connected, and could turn on the Xbox, but nothing more. Hard reset sorted that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

reserved one at 6am yesterday morn in galway.collected it at 4pm there this evening.staff made collecting it easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

brady12 wrote: »
    reserved one at 6am yesterday morn in galway.collected it at 4pm there this evening.staff made collecting it easy!

When I went to argos to collect one there one other person in the shop, a woman buying a lamp. In and out within a couple of minutes

• Advertisement

What manufacture date are on people's systems? Saw some that were made in late July.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 1 Goosebumps

Hi trying to get series x for my 3 boys it’s all they’ve asked Santa for. Would really appreciate a code if anyone has one going spare Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

murpho999 wrote: »
    Why is everyone obsessed with heat on this console when there is no heat issue?

I wouldn't expect heat in the part of console where the drive ie.

Thing is millions of consoles got started up over the last 2 days and 99.9% are fine.

With tech you'll always get some failures but it does not mine it's a console wide problem.

I just couldn't think of anything else that would be resolved with a few minutes of power down (assuming if it was related to the boot process it would just be a typical power cycle or unplug and hit the power button a few times before rebooting...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Did anyone get there gamestop preorders today or not get theres like me?

I got mine alright. Giving it to the mate’s young lad as didn’t order in time. I’ll take his whenever it comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

What manufacture date are on people's systems? Saw some that were made in late July.

22nd October for mine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Monolake

I'm so pleased with the Series S. It's exactly what I wanted at this price point. It will keep me ticking over for the time being and will then make a great second console for the box room. Plus, it's such a cool little thing. White electronics are very mid 00s but this really looks the part.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

My X from Monday night MS store drop has shipped! Praying to the shipping Gods now. On another note my friend picked hers up today in Argos due to the kindness of a Boardsie and she is over the moon. Sent me a pic with it belted in to her car 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

When I go to devices my xbox series x come up as a xbox one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Monolake wrote: »
    I'm so pleased with the Series S. It's exactly what I wanted at this price point. It will keep me ticking over for the time being and will then make a great second console for the box room. Plus, it's such a cool little thing. White electronics are very mid 00s but this really looks the part.

Glad to see you took my advice.

Just looking some of the games coming can't manage 60fps on the Xbox One X but it's not a problem on the Series S.

My Seagate expansion arrived today plugged it in happy days.

If you want one more bit of advice if you sign up to Games Pass try Forza Horizon 4 with the optimised patch the games looks and plays great with butter smooth 60fps with no in game loading times.

rob808 wrote: »

Same thing my Series S comes up as the black VCR XBONE.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,097 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

EdK wrote: »
    My X from Monday night MS store drop has shipped! Praying to the shipping Gods now. On another note my friend picked hers up today in Argos due to the kindness of a Boardsie and she is over the moon. Sent me a pic with it belted in to her car 😂

Mine too !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I've a 4KTV and it keeps reverting to 1080p on Series X... Last night I got it set to 4K now it won't go back to 4K.. Anyone know whats happening here?

I've a 4KTV and it keeps reverting to 1080p on Series X... Last night I got it set to 4K now it won't go back to 4K.. Anyone know whats happening here?

Is the xbox set 120hz? If the TV isn't 120hz then set the xbox to 60hz and you should be able to set it to 4k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Monolake

Glad to see you took my advice.

Just looking some of the games coming can't manage 60fps on the Xbox One X but it's not a problem on the Series S.

My Seagate expansion arrived today plugged it in happy days.

If you want one more bit of advice if you sign up to Games Pass try Forza Horizon 4 with the optimised patch the games looks and plays great with butter smooth 60fps with no in game loading times.

Hey. It's downloading right now! I haven't played the Horizon series since the second one so I'm very excited about it. I rediscovered my racing shoes during the summer on my now defunct PS4 so I've been itching to play this.

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Is the xbox set 120hz? If the TV isn't 120hz then set the xbox to 60hz and you should be able to set it to 4k

Yes I have the same issue on my tv the Xbox can do 60fps and 4k or 120fps at 1080P.

You need a TV with Hdmi 2.1 to run at 120fps at 4k that is why the two new xbox consoles ship with high speed Hdmi cables but most TVs can't take full advantage of it.
    If you want a TV that takes full advantage you are taking about €1,000.

• Advertisement

Monolake wrote: »
    Hey. It's downloading right now! I haven't played the Horizon series since the second one so I'm very excited about it. I rediscovered my racing shoes during the summer on my now defunct PS4 so I've been itching to play this.

Just give this game a little time you start off with a rubbish car that cannot stick to the road but as you progress you get great cars and the action becomes insane racing against a giant hovercraft and even a steam train.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Nah it isn't set to 120hrz its like 50... I see they are aware of these issues... Fairly annoying, I really hope I dont have to reset to 4k every time I boot..

Also I still can't believe you can't save WiFi passwords ...

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

I think the ones that were ordered from MS were listed as Xbox Ones on the delivery dockets. Might have something to do with that error.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Yes I have the same issue on my tv the Xbox can do 60fps and 4k or 120fps at 1080P.

You need a TV with Hdmi 2.1 to run at 120fps at 4k that is why the two new xbox consoles ship with high speed Hdmi cables but most TVs can't take full advantage of it.
    If you want a TV that takes full advantage you are taking about €1,000.

Think any tv would go for less on a black friday deal

• Registered Users Posts: 20,097 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Hococop wrote: »
    Think any tv would go for less on a black friday deal

I wouldn’t have thought so as they would all be 2020 models but you may get a sub 55 inch one for a little under a grand .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Mine did yesterday, but shows as Xbox Series X since today

As an aside - I've removed all my old devices on account.microsoft.com, so all that's registered there now is 2 series X consoles.

When I install a game from the xbox site, or the app it still has all consoles I've had in the past to choose installation to... how the hell do I get rid of these?

Just give this game a little time you start off with a rubbish car that cannot stick to the road but as you progress you get great cars and the action becomes insane racing against a giant hovercraft and even a steam train.

They add 3 or 4 new cars every month that you can unlock through the festival playlist. Something like 700 cars in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Anyone get there Xbox pre order after ?

This is for GameStop ore orders no update on tracking since yesterday in the Dublin ...

They add 3 or 4 new cars every month that you can unlock through the festival playlist. Something like 700 cars in the game

Yes the game is very impressive I could never get into this on Xbox One S the series performance boost and the instant fast travel makes this a different game.

Plus is looks really nice.

Gears 5 is really good with the upgrade too if shooters is more your thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

maximoose wrote: »
    Mine did yesterday, but shows as Xbox Series X since today

As an aside - I've removed all my old devices on account.microsoft.com, so all that's registered there now is 2 series X consoles.

When I install a game from the xbox site, or the app it still has all consoles I've had in the past to choose installation to... how the hell do I get rid of these?
    I check it tomorrow to see if it changes if doesn't I contact Microsoft.

Advertisement