Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

johnf26 wrote: »
    some back in stock in argos

Yeah some over in omni

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Monolake

Lenny wrote: »
    and whats that supposed to mean?

He means the person that said they were back in stock has only 1 post on this website. Obvious troll is obvious etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

portlaoise 3
    tullamore 4
    waterford 3
    Athlone over 5
    Cork retail 1

theres probably some more about

• Registered Users Posts: 17,041 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

portlaoise 3
    tullamore 4
    waterford 3
    Athlone over 5
    Cork retail 1

s or x?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

s or x?

All them are X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

s or x?

It's the Series X in Waterford, there's currently three available.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

portlaoise 3
    tullamore 4
    waterford 3
    Athlone over 5
    Cork retail 1

Annoying how you can't just get an overview on Argos website of all stores rather then having to select individual stores.

I also found
    2 in Galway
    Over 5 in Castlebar,Killarney, Limerick Childers Road & Tralee
    4 Longford
    1 Limerick Crescent 1
    2 Nutgrove Rathfarnham

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

murpho999 wrote: »
    Annoying how you can't just get an overview on Argos website of all stores rather then having to select individual stores.

I also found
    2 in Galway
    Over 5 in Castlebar,Killarney, Limerick Childers Road & Tralee
    4 Longford
    1 Limerick Crescent 1
    2 Nutgrove Rathfarnham

How can I see these on the site ?

How can I see these on the site ?

hit buy or reserve instead of going into the link

• Advertisement

All them are X

yeah, saw that. i made a balls of it the 1st time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Few Xbox series X available in Castlebar Argos for anyboy interested.

There's 5 in Athlone Argos.

Only stock left in the country in Argos right now:

Castlebar: 5+
    Killarney: 5+
    Limerick Childers Road: 2
    Tralee: 4

Edit:

Only 2 left in Killarney. That's it for the whole country.

Edit again: all gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

I’ve been scouring websites like a mad thing looking for a series x to no avail. Managed to get a series S on Amazon France this morning - I think it should be here on Saturday or Sunday. Is there a big difference between the S and the X apart from the lack of disk drive? I’m not a massive gamer so if the graphics are slightly less that won’t bother me too much. I’m really excited to play Red Dead II and Asassins’s Creed Valhalla!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

I’ve been scouring websites like a mad thing looking for a series x to no avail. Managed to get a series S on Amazon France this morning - I think it should be here on Saturday or Sunday. Is there a big difference between the S and the X apart from the lack of disk drive? I’m not a massive gamer so if the graphics are slightly less that won’t bother me too much. I’m really excited to play Red Dead II and Asassins’s Creed Valhalla!
    There difference is in the power and storage but it a grand 1440p/1080p console it play assassin creed and Red dead 2 no problems.

rob808 wrote: »
    There difference is in the power and storage but it a grand 1440p/1080p console it play assassin creed and Red dead 2 no problems.

Brilliant thanks! Now to figure out Gamepass!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Rang UPS again after the parcel didn't arrive yesterday again.

They wanted nothing to do with it "We can't change the address contact Microsoft"

I didn't give in and he changed the address. Said they would try get it out tomorrow. Try being the key word. Last time I order direct from MS.

The S is an absolute bargain at that price. I'm currently playing Valhalla on one and I'm loving it. It's a stunning looking game.

Don't feel bad about missing out on an X. We are only two days into the new generation. You have plenty of time to upgrade if you feel you have to. I owned a One, a One S and a One X during the last gen. Keep the original box, keep your console and controller in very good condition and it will only ever cost you a small few quid to upgrade to a new model.

If and until that happens just sit back and enjoy your new console.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Rang UPS again after the parcel didn't arrive yesterday again.

They wanted nothing to do with it "We can't change the address contact Microsoft"

I didn't give in and he changed the address. Said they would try get it out tomorrow. Try being the key word. Last time I order direct from MS.

Microsoft really f*cked up with the addresses. How hard is it to just print a label to match what the buyer enters? I had a UK postcode where my Eircode should be. Luckily I put 'Eircode XXX XXXX' on first address line.

• Advertisement

Monolake wrote: »
    The S is an absolute bargain at that price. I'm currently playing Valhalla on one and I'm loving it. It's a stunning looking game.

Don't feel bad about missing out on an X. We are only two days into the new generation. You have plenty of time to upgrade if you feel you have to. I owned a One, a One S and a One X during the last gen. Keep the original box, keep your console and controller in very good condition and it will only ever cost you a small few quid to upgrade to a new model.

If and until that happens just sit back and enjoy your new console.

Great! Thanks so much. I’m a late bloomer to this gaming business, but since lockdown I’ve played so much on my Switch that I’ve been having a blast.

Great! Thanks so much. I’m a late bloomer to this gaming business, but since lockdown I’ve played so much on my Switch that I’ve been having a blast.

Well then you've definitely come in at the right price point. If you'd have asked me last night I would have advised you to buy an S.

I'm an old hand when it comes to gaming but even I opted for the S because I quite simply don't yet have a state of the art TV to really do an X justice.

You're going to have a blast. Enjoy.

3 Series X's available in St Stephen's Green Argos.....be quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Going in circles with UPS :mad:

MS forgot to put Limerick on the shipping address, so it went to Cork yesterday. Rang them and they won't change the address until a failed attempt. Sent them an email last night and got a response this morning to say they had passed the new address on to the depot and someone would contact me by 8:30am.

Heard nothing by 9am so rang again to be told they still need a failed attempt before updating the address. I'll be lucky if I have it by Friday at this stage.

More craic with UPS this morning, rang them again as there's no movement and finally got through to someone that seems to acknowledge there is a problem. Promised to contact the depot and arrange a call for me within the hour.

Don't hold much hope at this stage but will see what happens.

Wow! I’m after getting a series S in blanchardstown Argos - said there’s 4 more available! Woohoo! I’m can collect today. Now to cancel my order from France!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

String wrote: »
    Microsoft really f*cked up with the addresses. How hard is it to just print a label to match what the buyer enters? I had a UK postcode where my Eircode should be. Luckily I put 'Eircode XXX XXXX' on first address line.

Not quite sure it can all be pinned on MS, it may be with UPS, or both.

Wow! I’m after getting a series S in blanchardstown Argos - said there’s 4 more available! Woohoo! I’m can collect today. Now to cancel my order from France!

From what I can see, every single Argos has tonnes of Series S's. More than 5 showing in every single Argos in the country.

Basil3 wrote: »
    3 Series X's available in St Stephen's Green Argos.....be quick

What's the deal with Argos anyway? Do they typically release more stock or are these reservations that haven't been honored?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Should we have a separate thread for any perfomance/glitch issues?

Overall, I've been amazed by it, but there are a few things, some of which may be excused by the fact that I was hammering the download servers since powering on (100gb or is all I have free this morning). I'm playing on a Samsung MU7000. It's not 120khz, but is 4k.

Main weird issue last night. Went to play after everyone had gone to bed, turned the xbox back on, but nothing doing on the telly, just a message that resolution was outside the TV's range and to change settings on external device. I hadn't changed any settings in the last session, just turned it off. Restarted the xbox, same message, but then it came on. Weird.

1. Forza 4. Loaded it up and it was silent in all the menus etc. Wasn't until actual gameplay, the sound suddenly stuttered into life. There was a little frame rate glitching and jerkiness for the first 20 seconds too.

2. Minecraft - My son was gaming away yesterday, when all of a sudden the buttons stopped responding and the control stick reversed directions... This didn't happen again.

3. Red Dead Redemption 2 - This looks absolute amazing. Once you don't move at speed. But if you run a nasty shimmer appears around Arthur. You can also see it if you rotate the camera. I remember this shimmer before on the One X, but you'd only see it at the bottom of the screen on the ground textures when riding a horse at speed. Ignorable then, very distracting now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,352 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hurrache wrote: »
    Not quite sure it can all be pinned on MS, it may be with UPS, or both.

It's both. MS put the wrong eircode on basically every box (they put their own postcode on it, useful, eh?). UPS take that box and basically incompetent their own way from there.

Advertisement