Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

Monolake wrote: »
    What's the deal with Argos anyway? Do they typically release more stock or are these reservations that haven't been honored?

I'm not sure about these ones. A lot were released overnight which were reservations that weren't collected. The ones in Stephen's Green just came out of the blue, and it was showing 5+, but they're all gone already.

It's looking like a case of keep checking and hope you get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Quick noob question before I head over to collect my S. Does it come with everything I need to hook it up to the tv or do I need to buy eg a HDMI cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Quick noob question before I head over to collect my S. Does it come with everything I need to hook it up to the tv or do I need to buy eg a HDMI cable?

Yeah everything is in the box including HDMI cable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Yeah everything is in the box including HDMI cable :)

Deadly! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Yep, also definitely use the HD I cable that comes in the box.

It's one that will support 120fps - most of us won't need that now because our TV max out at 60fps, but if you change your telly at some point in the future, it'll make a huge difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭micks_address

What's the deal with Argos anyway? Do they typically release more stock or are these reservations that haven't been honored?

Yeah id say there were quite a few reservations made that werent picked up. People probably grabbed what they could where they could and if they got one closer to home or changed their minds let it lapse. They should be back in stocking today/tomorrow id say. It feels like if you really wanted an X Box X you'd be able to get one. Be interesting to see how that goes with ps5

Might be silly question this..if you are laying the x on its side. Should the disk drive be at the top?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Might be silly question this..if you are laying the x on its side. Should the disk drive be at the top?

Yeah there's rubber feet on the side to show you where you should be aiming to put it, but disk drive at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

yes

Thanks im guessing you might hear the disk drive more with it on its side.. noise will resonate through whatever you have it on.. i might end up leaving it free standing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Basil3 wrote: »
    I'm not sure about these ones. A lot were released overnight which were reservations that weren't collected. The ones in Stephen's Green just came out of the blue, and it was showing 5+, but they're all gone already.

It's looking like a case of keep checking and hope you get lucky.

i know smyths do this...they hold back a pile of consoles to create loads of hype that they are sold out.

i know smyths do this...they hold back a pile of consoles to create loads of hype that they are sold out.

Are you saying Smyth's are holding back a pile of Series X's? Only yesterday they tweeted that they don't know if they'll have any more this side of Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Oh, one other thing! No free ethernet cable! The scabs!

Yes, I do have hundreds laying around at this stage, and it's better for the environment, waste not etc., but still!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

No they don't do this. The pile they have are all pre orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Thanks im guessing you might hear the disk drive more with it on its side.. noise will resonate through whatever you have it on.. i might end up leaving it free standing

I don't think that will happen.

Remember once games are installed the disc drive only uses the discs for the licence key and nothing more, so the drive won't be active.

That being said, I think the console looks better in a vertical position and the logo is the right way round.

When on it's side the bottom stand is visible and can't be removed and i don't think it looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

First time using game pass . It’s unreal . Flicking through it last night and seen a game I was obsessed with on ps2- full spectrum warrior. Can’t wait play it tonight for nostalgia sake 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

the corpo wrote: »
    Oh, one other thing! No free ethernet cable! The scabs!

Yes, I do have hundreds laying around at this stage, and it's better for the environment, waste not etc., but still!

They never supplied an ethernet cable as far as I know and as you say people have loads of them so I really don't see the issue.

If they did supply them then an awful lof would go to waste due to wifi users.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Funny I saw one for sale on adverts for 600 but ad gone now. Xbox series x. I wonder are they being removed as was there and gone within a few mins. If they are being removed say same will happen with PS5 consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Out of curiosity, if I cancel my gamestop preorder, will I be able to use that 50 on something like Steam credits when shops reopen? As I might try to snipe Argos or Amazon stock. I was actually up last night and sow Amazon having stock.

Not sure gamestop will deliver anything at this point and really don't like messy way theu dealing with preorders during lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,097 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

just in case anyone is interested the one i ordered at 12am on Monday night on the MS website is being delivered today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Funny I saw one for sale on adverts for 600 but ad gone now. Xbox series x. I wonder are they being removed as was there and gone within a few mins. If they are being removed say same will happen with PS5 consoles.

Adverts have added Xbox and PS5 forbidden list it seems. They wont even allow any at retail or cheaper.
    Friend tried to sell his for 470 after a day of use as he didnt see the upgrade over the Xbox One and that was taken down too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Are you saying Smyth's are holding back a pile of Series X's? Only yesterday they tweeted that they don't know if they'll have any more this side of Xmas.

i should have more clear in fairness. they did this at the last gen launch. not sure if they are doing it this time round.

dan786 wrote: »
    Adverts have added Xbox and PS5 forbidden list it seems. They wont even allow any at retail or cheaper.
    Friend tried to sell his for 470 after a day of use as he didnt see the upgrade over the Xbox One and that was taken down too.

That's mad some one would of jumped on that for that price. Ha the chap with all those PS5s he says he has won't be impressed. Just mad I didn't know they done that now. I would of thought if selling for even 100 more fair enough but say for more then not allowed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That's mad some one would of jumped on that for that price. Ha the chap with all those PS5s he says he has won't be impressed. Just mad I didn't know they done that now. I would of thought if selling for even 100 more fair enough but say for more then not allowed up.

It would all go to PMs and there, asshole sellers would say: 700eu take it or leave. So completely banning goods on adverts.ie is way better. Actually fair play to them, I did not expect that.

Sucks for your man who wants to sell at price or lower, but even after a month, we will still be able to sell it for 470eu anyway. Pretty sure someone here would pick it up for that price here.

It would all go to PMs and there, asshole sellers would say: 700eu take it or leave. So completely banning goods on adverts.ie is way better. Actually fail play to them, I did not expect that.

Sucks for your man who wants to sell at price or lower, but even after a month, we will still be able to sell it for 470eu anyway. Pretty sure someone here would pick it up for that price here.
    Yeah true I suppose just never saw stuff like that being banned on adverts before. Chap should got to CEX as giving 550 for it least he won't lose money on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Monolake

My brother in law bagged three Argos reservations last night in case one fell through. He just picked up his X in Carlow. He has reservations for Tullamore and Athlone that he offered to me.

The Athlone one is in stock now and must be collected by tomorrow. The Tullamore one will be there tomorrow and must be collected by Monday.

If anyone's interested send me a PM. But please only do so if you're serious. Someone will buy it one way or another but I'd prefer if it was someone from here.

Edit: both gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Yeah true I suppose just never saw stuff like that being banned on adverts before. Chap should got to CEX as giving 550 for it least he won't lose money on it.

Yeah thats what he ended up doing. Selling to Cex for 550€.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Checked my GameStop tracking number and it’s out for delivery in cork city so let’s see will it show up ....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

They are, but they're all reserved. Click and collect orders for the new consoles are being held until December 3rd. There is likely some will become available after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

My brother in law bagged three Argos reservations last night in case one fell through. He just picked up his X in Carlow. He has reservations for Tullamore and Athlone that he offered to me.

The Athlone one is in stock now and must be collected by tomorrow. The Tullamore one will be there tomorrow and must be collected by Monday.

If anyone's interested send me a PM. But please only do so if you're serious. Someone will buy it one way or another but I'd prefer if it was someone from here.

I have a friend in Mullingar who would take one if you still have it - hes not on boards though.

Advertisement