Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

dan786 wrote: »
    Adverts have added Xbox and PS5 forbidden list it seems. They wont even allow any at retail or cheaper.
    Friend tried to sell his for 470 after a day of use as he didnt see the upgrade over the Xbox One and that was taken down too.

Was he using a 4k TV. It is a pity they didn't have some games ready for the release it those take from expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Dead by Daylight currently broken on the S/X - random freezes and crashing, devs looking into it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

What is the story with Series S on Adverts for 400-500 and people offering 400+ on then. They are in stock everywhere at 299.

I get X going for a bit over RRP but this goes to show most parents dont know what they are buying , they just know they need to get a Xbox for their child.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I have a friend in Mullingar who would take one if you still have it - hes not on boards though.

Missed out on this by seconds.

if there is any code available for Athlone / Tullamore / Dublin for a series X, Id gladly find a home for it

• Registered Users Posts: 12 RareMan

Missed out on this by seconds.

if there is any code available for Athlone / Tullamore / Dublin for a series X, Id gladly find a home for it

Similar boat. Just messaged there and it was all gone. Similar to the above, if there's another Series X anywhere near Dublin, I too would gladly give it a home.

• Advertisement

They are, but they're all reserved. Click and collect orders for the new consoles are being held until December 3rd. There is likely some will become available after that.

There's a big difference between holding back consoles to build hype, and holding a console for someone that pre-ordered one.

It will be interesting to see how many don't get collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Yeah thats what he ended up doing. Selling to Cex for 550€.

He was dead right to.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

That's BS that adverts will not allow you to sell an xbox, might have to put a complaint in to the CCPC as they are discriminating against users who wish to sell one

That's BS that adverts will not allow you to sell an xbox, might have to put a complaint in to the CCPC as they are discriminating against users who wish to sell one

Nah not really just stopping **** from taking advantage on of people

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Discriminating would you cop on to yourself :rolleyes:

It is a business they can sell or not sell what they want

• Advertisement

Gary kk wrote: »
    Nah not really just stopping **** from taking advantage on of people

In my opinion it is actually making prices go even higher. They stared from 600-650 mark and now upto 700-750.

People puts ads up and get offers within minutes and accept, ad gets taken down after it so they still get the sale. Less consoles on Adverts means higher price. If it waa flooded with them, I can see prices going back to 550-600 which I think is not too bad considering Cex are paying 550 cash for used ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

What is the story with Series S on Adverts for 400-500 and people offering 400+ on then. They are in stock everywhere at 299.

I get X going for a bit over RRP but this goes to show most parents dont know what they are buying , they just know they need to get a Xbox for their child.

Might be people either wasting the scalpers time or they need it for santy and don't know the X|S difference

In my opinion it is actually making prices go even higher. They stared from 600-650 mark and now upto 700-750.

People puts ads up and get offers within minutes and accept, ad gets taken down after it so they still get the sale. Less consoles on Adverts means higher price. If it waa flooded with them, I can see prices going back to 550-600 which I think is not too bad considering Cex are paying 550 cash for used ones.

No it bs it's trying to make a quick buck out people. It's taken preorders from people that genuinely wanted one or need one for xmas. There is no defence for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Smyths worker, we did not hold back any consoles on the last launch that's BS, the only consoles held were for people.

Delighted Adverts is also taking down scum ads. :D

If CEX are buying for €550 what are they selling for... sure they're scalpers too then.

Not my faulty some people were too lazy to be able to get a pre order and if someone wants to sell it on adverts they are well within their rights to do so, if people have a problem with capitalism tough

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Ahhh just tell the kids Santy isn't real & I don't know what an Exxy Box is, they're all sold out and je think I'm made of money? Welcome to the real world kiddo.

(I'm joking)

Gary kk wrote: »
    No it bs it's trying to make a quick buck out people. It's taken preorders from people that genuinely wanted one or need one for xmas. There is no defence for.

When did I defend it and whats bull****? Lol.

I said the them taking down the ads are making prices go higher because Adverts keep taking them down so people offer whatever one goes up for before it gets taken down. If Adverts was flooded with them, prices would go down as people would just try and get their money back by letting it go for much less.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

To those who have received confirmation of shipping/collection of their Harvey Norman orders, what ballpark were your order numbers in?
    I have heard nothing and my order number is around 7122** , I messaged them yesterday about where my console is and have gotten no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    To those who have received confirmation of shipping/collection of their Harvey Norman orders, what ballpark were your order numbers in?
    I have heard nothing and my order number is around 7122** , I messaged them yesterday about where my console is and have gotten no reply.

Hi mine was in that ballpark too. 7122**. Mine was click and collect and I picked it up Tuesday at around 11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭RedLedbetter

Just FYI - I was on Smyths website yesterday and while the consoles alone were sold out, an X did appear in-stock for home delivery when I chose the "Xbox Series X Console & Second Black Controller Bundle" item. I ordered and delivered just now via An Post.

It may have been purely coincidental that an X became available when choosing the bundle and tbh, I was fully expecting just the controller to turn up and no console, but both sitting here in front of me.

For those looking on Smyths online, just remember to check the bundle console & controller options also, just incase they are considered separate console batches within the Smyths system

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Will there be or is there a way of uploading edited teams / kits via usb for PES 2020 on series X?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

brady12 wrote: »
    Will there be or is there a way of uploading edited teams / kits via usb for PES 2020 on series X?

If you have everything saved on your old xbox then everything will transfer to new console via your login and cloud saves.

Using USB for stuff like this is really a thing of the past.

All my game data, save points, outfits etc have transferred over.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Wolfgang Megahertz

Mine was 7121**. I got it yesterday. So now I have two! I emailed them and never got a reply either. Best way to get through is possibly via online chat. I used that and was told it was being sent Tuesday but I'd have it in about a week as the couriers were swamped. Got it a day late.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

A few of us in the still waiting club.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Received my X from the MS store today ordered Monday and shipped yesterday all smooth sailing. Happy days

You could still post it on adverts, just post a rare penny with a free xbox series x for 700 🀣😂🀣😂🀣😂

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

I'm one of the GameStop people and it's been stuck in Portlaoise for the last 24hrs now. Beyond a joke. I've had Amazon orders be shipped after the Xbox on Monday and arrive from the UK.

I reckon the thing is walking down to me here in Cork.

GameStop can consider me a goner as a customer once I have the console delivered. Why they didn't just pool the consoles to the stores that were actually still open in cities baffles me. Would have avoided alot of this mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Demios wrote: »
    I'm one of the GameStop people and it's been stuck in Portlaoise for the last 24hrs now. Beyond a joke. I've had Amazon orders be shipped after the Xbox on Monday and arrive from the UK.

I reckon the thing is walking down to me here in Cork.

GameStop can consider me a goner as a customer once I have the console delivered. Why they didn't just pool the consoles to the stores that were actually still open in cities baffles me. Would have avoided alot of this mess.

A lot of it is down to an post and their back log, I had a big order of car parts shipped from the UK on the 26th of October and I only received it yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

cant find my order number but mine was cancelled yet they delivered it yesterday, contacted them and they transferred me to carrickmines store as it shipped from there and the manager drove down and collected it himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 osullc28

Goose81 wrote: »
    1 post absolute time waster

Don’t be a pain in the hole. I read lots of forums on here, I myself don’t post ever but I took the time to post when there were new 449£ Xbox series x in stock last night. I got one, was just sharing the love. Enjoy your bitter existence mate

Advertisement