Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

First impressions of Series X is it's massive compared to my One X but I kinda knew that before I seen it in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

What time is it best to stalk Argos and try to get reservation?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Just keep checking, good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Demios wrote: »
    I'm one of the GameStop people and it's been stuck in Portlaoise for the last 24hrs now. Beyond a joke. I've had Amazon orders be shipped after the Xbox on Monday and arrive from the UK.

I reckon the thing is walking down to me here in Cork.

GameStop can consider me a goner as a customer once I have the console delivered. Why they didn't just pool the consoles to the stores that were actually still open in cities baffles me. Would have avoided alot of this mess.

Did your console ship on Monday? If so this is a An Post issue, they are behind by a few days now at this stage. GS shipped my PS5 accessories and games on Tuesday
    and I'd always receive them the following day, once GS send me the shipping email. The tracking only went live for the items now on An Post's site. I had contacted An Post
    and was told they are swamped and that my order will be with me soon.They had the package since Tuesday evening.

I'm also expecting my PS5 (launch day allocation) next week and now it looks like it won't make it on Thursday.
    Normally with any consoles I've pre-ordered, I get the console a day before launch day. I'd say I'll be lucky if I receive it next week at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Did you happen to miss the an post delivery? I did yesterday but there was a collection slip in my letterbox. So just collected it from my post office. My tracking still says it is getting sorted in Dublin hub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Hello, based on observations in this thread, and considering they reserve until the end of the day after the reservation is made, and considering the Series X was released on Tuesday, I would be checking after midnight tomorrow night.
    Good luck.

Unless they get a fresh shipment in, then it's anybody's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

recyclops wrote: »
    cant find my order number but mine was cancelled yet they delivered it yesterday, contacted them and they transferred me to carrickmines store as it shipped from there and the manager drove down and collected it himself

Haha same , they told me it was cancelled yet it still came and manager collected it himself in the evening

I’m imagining him driving around collecting all the free xboxes

Wonder if everyone is as honest as we were ?

Reserved a couple of Series X's at Argos for a couple of friends in the UK that have given up any hope of getting one this side of Xmas (they're much more affected by the lockdown it seems). Showed up and entered both reservations and only one showed as available. A woman working there said there was an error with the system, and I shouldn't have been able to reserve the second one.

Awkward having to tell the lads only one of them is getting their new toy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

Haha same , they told me it was cancelled yet it still came and manager collected it himself in the evening

I’m imagining him driving around collecting all the free xboxes

Wonder if everyone is as honest as we were ?

tbh when I saw they were cancelling orders I couldn't in good faith keep it but not gonna lie it crossed my mind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Its easy to guess reservation numbers as they get reserved within minutes of become available. So that means the reservation numbers only differ by one number for that same store.

Lets say you reserve one at Liffey Valley and it said 4 left and reservation number is 123 456 - now you go back and there's none left because other 3 were reserved at same time by other people.

Reservation numbers 123 455 or 123 457 or 123 458 are likely to be for Xbox as well. You can try them on self service machine it will tell you what its for and you could actually buy someone else Xbox.

I think they should ask for phone number also to prevent this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Got my Xbox after and set it up during lunch and started the downloads

However one thing I will say my god the thing is ugly as hell it’s just a block and that’s it’s ha

I have my ps3 silm setup in the unit and being honest that console looks better then this

Can’t wait to see the over sized ps5 when it shows up next week

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Turns out, after a call to the store, my pre-ordered Xbox Series X is sitting in the back room waiting for me...
    Well done Harvey Norman...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DC8704

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    To those who have received confirmation of shipping/collection of their Harvey Norman orders, what ballpark were your order numbers in?
    I have heard nothing and my order number is around 7122** , I messaged them yesterday about where my console is and have gotten no reply.

I'm a 7122** as well and after 2 days of emails and a live chat, I received a call from the manager of my local branch (Waterford) and was told they were waiting on a second batch of consoles to be delivered and I was "top 5" on the list for shipping. His best guess was it would be 2-3 weeks.

To say I'm furious is an understatement

dan786 wrote: »
    Its easy to guess reservation numbers as they get reserved within minutes of become available. So that means the reservation numbers only differ by one number for that same store.

Lets say you reserve one at Liffey Valley and it said 4 left and reservation number is 123 456 - now you go back and there's none left because other 3 were reserved at same time by other people.

Reservation numbers 123 455 or 123 457 or 123 458 are likely to be for Xbox as well. You can try them on self service machine it will tell you what its for and you could actually buy someone else Xbox.

Is this a fact, or you're guessing? I reserved my two immediately after each other, and they weren't sequential. Also, I asked the woman behind the counter whether one of the reservations had already been collected, and she said no, it was an invalid reservation. I don't know why she would need to lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Got my Xbox after and set it up during lunch and started the downloads

However one thing I will say my god the thing is ugly as hell it’s just a block and that’s it’s ha

I have my ps3 silm setup in the unit and being honest that console looks better then this

Can’t wait to see the over sized ps5 when it shows up next week

It's a matter of style and taste.

I like it's colour and straight lines and compactness. It's less noticeable than the PS5 in my opinion.

In reality, just like the consoles' UI. How long do you spend looking at your console or its UI? Once it plays your games the way you like then that's the most important thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Basil3 wrote: »
    Is this a fact, or you're guessing? I reserved my two immediately after each other, and they weren't sequential. Also, I asked the woman behind the counter whether one of the reservations had already been collected, and she said no, it was an invalid reservation. I don't know why she would need to lie.

It is a fact. I had two reserved yesterday one after another - one ended with 699 second with 700. First 3 numbers were same.

Reserved two for friends this morning also and again last 3 numbers were 195 and 197 so guessing someone else reserved in between and was 196 - first 3 numbers were same again.

If they are same store and reserved one after another - only one digit will be different unless someone reserved something in between those two reservations then your second will differ by 2 numbers etc

Try reserving a random item at same store one after another to check it. Only one number will differ.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭micks_address

dan786 wrote: »

its a fair point. i had an email from the person who passed me on their reservation.. they didnt ask to see it.. just the number and money...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DC8704 wrote: »
    I'm a 7122** as well and after 2 days of emails and a live chat, I received a call from the manager of my local branch (Waterford) and was told they were waiting on a second batch of consoles to be delivered and I was "top 5" on the list for shipping. His best guess was it would be 2-3 weeks.

To say I'm furious is an understatement

I had my doubts about HN, given that they aren't a go-to place for videogaming paraphernalia and never were.
    And I wonder, had I not called would it have gone to someone else, such as yourself.
    Very very slap dash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Turns out, after a call to the store, my pre-ordered Xbox Series X is sitting in the back room waiting for me...
    Well done Harvey Norman...

haha what store was it, wonder if its my returned one :confused::confused:

I don't know if it's a database error, but Argos Ilac Centre currently showing 5+ Series X's in stock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

I don't know if it's a database error, but Argos Ilac Centre currently showing 5+ Series X's in stock

Wow. You're a hero. I was in there like swimwear to get a reservation down. Got the confirmation text and email too. Really, cheers.

I'll update people in here if it wasn't legit.

Gone Lol!

DM_2092 wrote: »
    Wow. You're a hero. I was in there like swimwear to get a reservation down. Got the confirmation text and email too. Really, cheers.

I'll update people in here if it wasn't legit.

Yeah, just like that, they're all gone. Good luck getting it, hope it's there for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,097 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

mine is here installing some games, its a bit of a joke that one ordered monday night from MS is here and people are still waiting on pre orders :(

Gone Lol!

I placed a reservation to test it was for real. Will PM to you if you're after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

Arg they are gone now :(

I placed a reservation to test it was for real. Will PM to you if you're after it.
    That would be great! you're a gent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

That's BS that adverts will not allow you to sell an xbox, might have to put a complaint in to the CCPC as they are discriminating against users who wish to sell one

As long as it is for face value, I don't mind. I saw one guy with 5 adverts, each 600+. These people are no better than ticket touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

That's annoying that Adverts is blocking listings, rather than blocking gouging. I got let down by Amazon for a series S and ended up picking one up in Argos. Went to cancel on Amazon and they said it was too late, despite shipping 3 days later. Will have a series S on Monday, sealed, if anyone is interested at cost price in Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

as did i, so someone can have that. for series X

lemme know!

ETA: Ilac Centre (Dublin) Argos

Advertisement