Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

recyclops wrote: »
    haha what store was it, wonder if its my returned one :confused::confused:

Swords

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

as did i, so someone can have that. for series X

lemme know!

ETA: Ilac Centre (Dublin) Argos
    May I pls?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

baldshin wrote: »
    That's annoying that Adverts is blocking listings, rather than blocking gouging. I got let down by Amazon for a series S and ended up picking one up in Argos. Went to cancel on Amazon and they said it was too late, despite shipping 3 days later. Will have a series S on Monday, sealed, if anyone is interested at cost price in Galway.

Just return it, it's free to do a return with Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TheJockster

Would love any preorder codes if available or im gonna have to tell the little fella that santa has covid due to a certain other game store messing up a preorder Grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

m8051 wrote: »
    May I pls?

PM sent

• Advertisement

PM sent

If for some magical reason this doesnt get used, may i be next please. Thanks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Turns out, after a call to the store, my pre-ordered Xbox Series X is sitting in the back room waiting for me...
    Well done Harvey Norman...

Why did you call them the morning it was released and they would have just told you to come and collect, after speaking with a staff member there was supposed to be a email for collection that never went out

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭m8051

as did i, so someone can have that. for series X

lemme know!

ETA: Ilac Centre (Dublin) Argos

Thank you Sir :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭baldshin

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Just return it, it's free to do a return with Amazon.

Last time I returned something they charged me, will have to get on to them again. Have spent so long on their chats this week over various issues they haven't sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Since people in here have been really helpful to others, I'll still keep an eye out for stocks like I have been doing & will post whatever I see.

• Advertisement

DM_2092 wrote: »
    Since people in here have been really helpful to others, I'll still keep an eye out for stocks like I have been doing & will post whatever I see.

Thanks DM_2092, its appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Cyrus wrote: »
    mine is here installing some games, its a bit of a joke that one ordered monday night from MS is here and people are still waiting on pre orders :(

Haven’t seen an update from Amazon since Tuesday

Just a heads up if anyone needs an Xbox Series S model, Argos have a load online now listing for all over country!

Also if anyone has a spare Xbox Series X preorder code please keep me in mind for the little fella :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So i plugged my keyboard and gaming mouse into the sons series X purely out of curiosity and played some warzone it worked fine.
    Granted hes using a 1080P 60hz TV so i cant compare directly to my 1440 144hz monitor but thats going to be my next test.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

My delivery has landed from UPS finally.

Guess the phone call this morning put the skates under them.

The label was also fine, full address and phone number apart from that UK postcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Loving my series X! I got a 1TB SSD too. Need for speed heat looks so good on my new TV.

On my One X, Terminator Resistance had awful framerate issues. Runs like a dream now.

Loading times are nil. Auto HDR works really well. Games like resident evil 2 remake are WAY more responsive now.

Just a heads up if anyone needs an Xbox Series S model, Argos have a load online now listing for all over country!

Also if anyone has a spare Xbox Series X preorder code please keep me in mind for the little fella :D
    PM sent. Thanks to Basil3 who kindly gave it to me but turns out I don't need it.

Thank you so Much Mr Grumble!! and Basil3 You have made someones xmas!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Tried out Gta 5 today, it loads so much quicker. The load time getting into that game were such a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

dan786 wrote: »
    It is a fact. I had two reserved yesterday one after another - one ended with 699 second with 700. First 3 numbers were same.

Reserved two for friends this morning also and again last 3 numbers were 195 and 197 so guessing someone else reserved in between and was 196 - first 3 numbers were same again.

If they are same store and reserved one after another - only one digit will be different unless someone reserved something in between those two reservations then your second will differ by 2 numbers etc

Try reserving a random item at same store one after another to check it. Only one number will differ.

The more i see your posts, the more i'm convinced your the cornered tiger seller or at least a seller on adverts, way too many similarities.
    Always have multiple tech items reserved for "friends and relatives"

• Advertisement

Its easy to guess reservation numbers as they get reserved within minutes of become available. So that means the reservation numbers only differ by one number for that same store.

Lets say you reserve one at Liffey Valley and it said 4 left and reservation number is 123 456 - now you go back and there's none left because other 3 were reserved at same time by other people.

Reservation numbers 123 455 or 123 457 or 123 458 are likely to be for Xbox as well. You can try them on self service machine it will tell you what its for and you could actually buy someone else Xbox.

I think they should ask for phone number also to prevent this.
    Word of warning : if anyone was stupid enough to actually try this - go into Argos and enter numbers into the self-service in the hopes of finding someone else's reservation - it would technically be considered computer fraud.

There's an assumption that computer fraud has to be something very technical but something as simple as figuring out that a reservation # is sequential and using that knowledge for material gain - or causing loss to someone else - falls under the theft and fraud act.

There's CCTV all over the store so you'd have to be fairly daft to do it.

I agree they could do with improving their system to prevent it. A strong random code.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

The more i see your posts, the more i'm convinced your the cornered tiger seller or at least a seller on adverts, way too many similarities.
    Always have multiple tech items reserved for "friends and relatives"

Lol you might be onto something here.... haha. I gave away reservation codes on here myself yesterday and was even looking for one yesterday and got offered one but turned it down as got sorted.

I have friends who are not tech savvy and dont happen to be up at 2am so reserved them but good guess there. You are half right though that I do have an Adverts account and sell couple of bits a year.

Word of warning : if anyone was stupid enough to actually try this - go into Argos and enter numbers into the self-service in the hopes of finding someone else's reservation - it would technically be considered computer fraud.

There's an assumption that computer fraud has to be something very technical but something as simple as figuring out that a reservation # is sequential and using that knowledge for material gain - or causing loss to someone else - falls under the theft and fraud act.

There's CCTV all over the store so you'd have to be fairly daft to do it.

I agree they could do with improving their system to prevent it. A strong random code.

I wouldnt recommend it either just in the moral context but its very easy to do and you would think that Argos would have put some funds into improving their Irish site and reservation system as well but guess they are not bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

In Dublin City for work tomorrow if anyone had a code for an X going I’d be most obliged.... (I knew that when I started daydreaming of ways to smuggle one into the house without the mrs seeing it I was gonna cave!)

quad_red wrote: »
    In Dublin City for work tomorrow if anyone had a code for an X going I’d be most obliged.... (I knew that when I started daydreaming of ways to smuggle one into the house without the mrs seeing it I was gonna cave!)

I say a few will appear tonight after midnight after those who reserved yesterday that didnt collect go back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Lol you might be onto something here.... haha. I gave away reservation codes on here myself yesterday and was even looking for one yesterday and got offered one but turned it down as got sorted.

I have friends who are not tech savvy and dont happen to be up at 2am so reserved them but good guess there.

Just looked at some of your old posts and compared to the adverts seller

Both from city west, both have BMW 1 series, the Asian coincidence, got thousands of parcels delivered etc etc

Loads of items you've commented on like mobiles, which you are constantly commenting on and buy, projectors, amazon fire tv stuff etc etc, nearly everything you comment on is on his advert page for sale.

It's actually pretty obvious if someone spends 10 minutes comparing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Why did you call them the morning it was released and they would have just told you to come and collect, after speaking with a staff member there was supposed to be a email for collection that never went out

I was waiting for my email, plus it's a Christmas present so I wasn't worried about not having it on launch day.
    In the end I was concerned because I never got an email at all.
    Well, that's not true.
    I got an email.
    2 hours after I collected it.

Both from city west, both have BMW 1 series, the Asian coincidence, got thousands of parcels delivered etc etc

Loads of items you've commented on like mobiles, which you are constantly commenting on and buy, projectors, amazon fire tv stuff etc etc, nearly everything you comment on is on his advert page for sale.

Well done Inspector gadget. I say half the people that are on adverts comment on same stuff, I can give you 10 accounts right now who commented on deals here and have same stuff on adverts. Oh and I dont have a car years now, got a motorbike and I am not in Citywest years either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Posts like this are why I love internet fora...

:)

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    Posts like this are why I love internet fora...

:)

He did some detective work there alright, fair play to him, one thing is for sure I am not a scalper so that is a clear give away. Have helped many over the years get bargains.

Advertisement