Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Have you got an x for Sligo? I’d really appreciate it my Mammy could collect it

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭detective

If there's any more Xbox Series X codes out there I'd really appreciate one... not looking good for the youngfella this Christmas!!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Any codes for Series X in any store in Ireland would be very much appreciated! Please PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

The Series S is brilliant. It's really neat and tidy size. I haven't got a TV to make the most out of the Series X and I probably wouldn't appreciate the difference anyway as I'm a casual gamer, the graphics still look great to me. Game Pass is fantastic, I have a stack of games downloading at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

GazzaL wrote: »
    The Series S is brilliant. It's really neat and tidy size. I haven't got a TV to make the most out of the Series X and I probably wouldn't appreciate the difference anyway as I'm a casual gamer, the graphics still look great to me. Game Pass is fantastic, I have a stack of games downloading at the moment.

Where can you get one

• Advertisement

Where can you get one

Argos have loads of them throughout the country

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭wush06

Surly from now till Christmas week Microsoft is going to be churning out thousands of Xbox’s x for the Christmas rush. Is it all just hype at the moment to get the buzz going.

wush06 wrote: »
    Surly from now till Christmas week Microsoft is going to be churning out thousands of Xbox’s x for the Christmas rush. Is it all just hype at the moment to get the buzz going.

I'd be very interested in the numbers that were actually available in the first wave this week. I'd assume those would have been manufactured some months ago and up to a few weeks ago maybe.

I'd be very interested in the numbers that were actually available in the first wave this week. I'd assume those would have been manufactured some months ago and up to a few weeks ago maybe.

I saw a business report on the launch of next gen on one of those stock market channels. They predict sales of 5 million playstations versus 3.6m xboxes for 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Quick question about Xbox Live Gold and the new Xbox - it doesn’t realise that I’m already subscribed.
    How do I fix this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

This has been Microsoft's biggest Xbox launch ever. Not sure if this is really good or the others really low :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Llamd3

Hello I am on the look out for an x box series x... Didn't make the cut for the pre sale.... It's a Santa present and I think if he doesn't get it this year he will really begin to question santa 💔

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Strongly considering selling my Series X only thing annoying me is the fact I bought 3 years game pass... Nothing wants to work for me, I cant party chat, I tried to restart my console and it ended up booting a game... I swap Gears 5 to internal then download a 60GB update then it tells me its still downloading even though theirs nothing there... My steelseries 7x which I bought 2 weeks ago won't allow me to hear people when I eventually get connected to a party, when I revert to my ps headset they we can hear each other.. My xbox won't even let my 4K TV choose the 4K Option....I've spent so much time trying to fix these issues to no avail...

groovie wrote: »
    Quick question about Xbox Live Gold and the new Xbox - it doesn’t realise that I’m already subscribed.
    How do I fix this?

Are you logged in with the correct account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

george67 wrote: »
    I have an Argos code for X series for Athlone for tomorrow

Hi, if thats still available, Id take the code as I cant seem to get a reservation in Limerick. Im looking for an X for myself and not to sell it on or anything. Sent you a PM but no hassle if its gone. Thanks.

Strongly considering selling my Series X only thing annoying me is the fact I bought 3 years game pass... Nothing wants to work for me, I cant party chat, I tried to restart my console and it ended up booting a game... I swap Gears 5 to internal then download a 60GB update then it tells me its still downloading even though theirs nothing there... My steelseries 7x which I bought 2 weeks ago won't allow me to hear people when I eventually get connected to a party, when I revert to my ps headset they we can hear each other.. My xbox won't even let my 4K TV choose the 4K Option....I've spent so much time trying to fix these issues to no avail...

Might be worth trying a hard reset or even a full reset of the Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭bassy

cannot come across any xbox series x on argos at all ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Picked up a series S, as a casual gamer or is perfect for me. Bought a year of live gold and converted to game pass ultimate.. 45e all in.

Coming from a PS4 the biggest difference I notice is how quiet it it. Have only played Rocket League so far but it is a much smoother experience.

bassy wrote: »
    cannot come across any xbox series x on argos at all ?.

There has been stock coming and going over the last few days. You need to check regularly on Argos, or use checkargos.com, or check this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Basil3 wrote: »
    Might be worth trying a hard reset or even a full reset of the Xbox.

If I transfer Valhalla to my external drive will I be fit to get my save back? .. I dont know if a hard reset will fix my issues

• Advertisement

If I transfer Valhalla to my external drive will I be fit to get my save back? .. I dont know if a hard reset will fix my issues

Saves are in the cloud, so yes, you'll be fine.

All your issues are a bit strange, but I don't think they're all necessarily related.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

gears is doing the same for me , havent tried the rest yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Monolake

murpho999 wrote: »
    That's really poor advice about the Series S as it's a more powerful console that the One X and tests have shown that.

Storage can always be expanded and is not a real reason not to but it.

For €299 it's some deal.

Yes, I fully agree. The One X can do full 4K but otherwise the S has it beat.

I've been playing Asseto Corsa Competizione which, if people aren't aware, is a racing simulator that had a calamitous port over from PC earlier in the year. After multiple patches it was still hovering around the 45fps mark with awful, stuttering frame pacing and shocking anti aliasing. And the One X was actually the worst of the four base consoles for some unknown reason.

It's been transformed on the S (and of course the X is doing even better). It looks close to a locked 60fps, the frame pacing problem is fixed and it looks a lot more vibrant and sharper. Jaggies haven't been fully eradicated but overall it's a much smoother looking game now.

And this isn't an enhanced patch I'm talking about. It's just pure hardware muscle on the diminutive Series S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

gizabeer wrote: »
    gears is doing the same for me , havent tried the rest yet

I had the same problem with Gears, so I uninstalled it (got rid of updates and everything), reinstalled it (from disc) then downloaded the big update and it worked perfectly. Hope this works for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Monolake wrote: »
    Yes, I fully agree. The One X can do full 4K but otherwise the S has it beat.

I've been playing Asseto Corsa Competizione which, if people aren't aware, is a racing simulator that had a calamitous port over from PC earlier in the year. After multiple patches it was still hovering around the 45fps mark with awful, stuttering frame pacing and shocking anti aliasing. And the One X was actually the worst of the four base consoles for some unknown reason.

It's been transformed on the S (and of course the X is doing even better). It looks close to a locked 60fps, the frame pacing problem is fixed and it looks a lot more vibrant and sharper. Jaggies haven't been fully eradicated but overall it's a much smoother looking game now.

And this isn't an enhanced patch I'm talking about. It's just pure hardware muscle on the diminutive Series S.

I am no expert but the CPUs of the last gen consoles seem to have been the main reason for struggling frame rates.
    All 3 next gen consoles the Series X Series S and PS5 all use these new Zen 2 CPUs.

The smaller GPU in the Series S makes sense as the console will not be targeting native 4k but as regards performance graphical effects and load times I don't think buyers can go wrong with any of these 3 next gen consoles.

The GPUs being used are also way more advanced hence things like Jaggies on older games being handled in a much smarter way.

As for the One X is was given a bigger GPU but it did not have a decent CPU to take advantage of it but it was still a big improvement on the One S.

Playing Forza Horizon in locked 60FPS improved visuals and almost invisible load times on the Series S really shows the performance this thing can pull off.

Can't wait for the next Forza Motorsport game built for the new consoles.

Native 4k is important for some people others don't care but we all want a nice looking game with good performance.

Microsoft decided to give people the choice Native 4k for an extra €200 along with double the storage and a disc drive or upscaled Hd to 1440P that looks really good digital only for €200 less.
    I think given us the choice was a great idea people are free to purchase either version.

I think the Series S is going to fly off the shelves this Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Monolake

I am no expert but the CPUs of the last gen consoles seem to have been the main reason for struggling frame rates.
    All 3 next gen consoles the Series X Series S and PS5 all use these new Zen 2 CPUs.

The smaller GPU in the Series S makes sense as the console will not be targeting native 4k but as regards performance graphical effects and load times I don't think buyers can go wrong with any of these 3 next gen consoles.

The GPUs being used are also way more advanced hence things like Jaggies on older games being handled in a much smarter way.

As for the One X is was given a bigger GPU but it did not have a decent CPU to take advantage of it but it was still a big improvement on the One S.

Playing Forza Horizon in locked 60FPS improved visuals and almost invisible load times on the Series S really shows the performance this thing can pull off.

Can't wait for the next Forza Motorsport game built for the new consoles.

Native 4k is important for some people others don't care but we all want a nice looking game with good performance.

Microsoft decided to give people the choice Native 4k for an extra €200 along with double the storage and a disc drive or upscaled Hd to 1440P that looks really good digital only for €200 less.
    I think given us the choice was a great idea people are free to purchase either version.

I think the Series S is going to fly off the shelves this Christmas.

The One X was my favourite console of the last gen but it was also the poster boy for all that was wrong with that mid-gen fake 4K war. A beefed up console that focused on looks instead of smarts. It was depressingly compromised.

Thankfully that is now in the rearview mirror and console gamers appear to be getting excited en masse about higher frame rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Monolake wrote: »
    The One X was my favourite console of the last gen but it was also the poster boy for all that was wrong with that mid-gen fake 4K war. A beefed up console that focused on looks instead of smarts. It was depressingly compromised.

Thankfully that is now in the rearview mirror and console gamers appear to be getting excited en masse about higher frame rates.

I do hope MS really look at their UI, i had both a PS4 Pro and Xbox one X and the UI is so much better on sony's side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

How is what cex are doing legal? Offering to buy consoles for 548 and selling them for 690? As discussed earlier adverts are blocking private sales. This is promoting people buying just to sell them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Basil3 wrote: »
    Are you logged in with the correct account?

Hi, I was reading up and there is still some bugs with the XBox Live and the new Series X, I just got a monthly sub in the store, but it took a few attempts to do that. First world problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

My Series X has cleared customs in Bangkok. Arrives tomorrow! (was hoping today but whatever) Likely first one in Thailand lol since you cant buy Xbox's here, only PS :)

Advertisement