Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

dricko_lim wrote: »
    My Series X has cleared customs in Bangkok. Arrives tomorrow! (was hoping today but whatever) Likely first one in Thailand lol since you cant buy Xbox's here, only PS :)

That was pretty quick getting over, I still can't get UPS to redirect mine to Limerick from Cork :pac:

Enjoy when it arrives!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

That was pretty quick getting over, I still can't get UPS to redirect mine to Limerick from Cork :pac:

Enjoy when it arrives!

Yeah, thanks to my mum who went straight to the post office with it when it got delivered Tuesday Afternoon. DHL by An Post is a great service for anyone abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

Anyone else who got theirs from MS still waiting to be charged? It was pending in my PayPal over the weekend but a few days ago the funds came back into my account. Delivered on Wednesday so maybe it takes a few days for them to come back for it.

Status is still dispatched on MS site. It still says paid with PayPal but I still have the option to change how I pay again but that option doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,097 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

How is what cex are doing legal? Offering to buy consoles for 548 and selling them for 690? As discussed earlier adverts are blocking private sales. This is promoting people buying just to sell them off.

in what way would it be illegal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Cyrus wrote: »
    in what way would it be illegal?

Similar to ticket touts. It takes the product away from the consumers that actually wants to buy one for personal use and gives opportunity to people buying in bulk to sell for profit. Except in this case it is a reputable business doing it.

• Advertisement

Similar to ticket touts. It takes the product away from the consumers that actually wants to buy one for personal use and gives opportunity to people buying in bulk to sell for profit. Except in this case it is a reputable business doing it.

you could apply that logic to any item thats in demand and that people will pay over retail for, trainers, watches, certain cars, art.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭quokula

The lack of functional suspend resume is really annoying. Never mind the great headline game swapping feature they advertised, it’s not even managing basic stuff like resuming a single game after Netflix or after powering off for the night. The PS4 has been doing that flawlessly for the last 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Cyrus wrote: »
    you could apply that logic to any item thats in demand and that people will pay over retail for, trainers, watches, certain cars, art.

But this is taking an item off the shelf, suffocating the market, falsely creating demand and forcing consumers to pay over the asking price when the item should be readily available to the consumer. No matter what the item is, in my eye this is bad practice.

But this is taking an item off the shelf, suffocating the market, falsely creating demand and forcing consumers to pay over the asking price when the item should be readily available to the consumer. No matter what the item is, in my eye this is bad practice.

id agree but it happens every day, try buy a rolex daytona in stainless steel at retail :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

How is what cex are doing legal? Offering to buy consoles for 548 and selling them for 690? As discussed earlier adverts are blocking private sales. This is promoting people buying just to sell them off.

Hopefully they will get stung with a load of overpriced stock :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

They're not forcing anybody to do anything.

Anybody who buys one at that price is choosing to do so.

It's not good practice but what they're doing is simply setting prices due to supply and demand.

It's people buying consoles and selling them to CEX for €49 profit that I'd have more of a morale issue with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Monolake

Calhoun wrote: »
    I do hope MS really look at their UI, i had both a PS4 Pro and Xbox one X and the UI is so much better on sony's side.

Agreed. It seems that Microsoft have opted for continuity between generations and unfortunately that means sticking with largely the same UI. And it desperately needed an overhaul. I find it's more reminiscent of a website than a console UI.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

m8051 wrote: »
    Thank you Sir :)

unfortunately m8051 is unable to collect.

so series X reservation number in Argos for Ilac Centre Dublin

1st to ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

So, I've been trying out older games to see which games improve with the Series X.

I went back to Mass Effect Andromeda. The loading and frame rates are really improved - the planet exploration and loading make it a really smooth experience and not the stop-start experience on the One S I had at the time (my save game was from 2017)

Unfortunately, the Series X can do nothing to fix the amount of brain-dead fetch quests in the game, though. :)
    I think I'll still abandon that game.

m8051 wrote: »
    Thank you Sir :)

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Eduard Khil

Because they're licenced resellers you can trade in 700 dvds to get credit to buy the Xbox series X from them they then potentially sell the DVDs but if you've been in a store before lockdown ain't too many buying dvds no more.

By buying the console for €550 and reselling it for €690 they pay tax you get a receipt and a 2 year warranty do you think you get that from the cowboys selling on adverts?

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

So, I've been trying out older games to see which games improve with the Series X.

I went back to Mass Effect Andromeda. The loading and frame rates are really improved - the planet exploration and loading make it a really smooth experience and not the stop-start experience on the One S I had at the time (my save game was from 2017)

Unfortunately, the Series X can do nothing to fix the amount of brain-dead fetch quests in the game, though. :)
    I think I'll still abandon that game.

It was the forced character interaction in Andromeda that I hated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Monolake

Don't be silly. Of course it's not illegal. They trade in second hand electronics and if someone brings them a product they're well within their rights to accept it. In fact, the person with the brand new Series X will even have proof of purchase so it couldn't be any more legal than that. A legal owner selling to a buyer. Nothing to see here.

And I'm no fan of CeX so I'm not defending them. They are knowingly participating in it and in fact their staff are typically young gamers themselves so they know the score. But it's not illegal.

My main gripe with CeX is another issue entirely. You can bring them anything and trade it in for store credit but if you need to take cash out of their till you'll need proof of identification. It's self serving crap masquerading as best practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

unfortunately m8051 is unable to collect.

so series X reservation number in Argos for Ilac Centre Dublin

1st to ask!
    Any chance it's still available?

Any chance it's still available?

yes. will PM you now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Hey, I collected the Series X from the Ilac Centre this morning. Was grand, smooth process. Didn't need ID, just the reservation number.

Bought COD in Smyths as well, needed an ID for that. Was click and collect only.

I can't remember the username, but cheers again to the guy that gave me the heads up about stock yesterday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

yes. will PM you now

:) Received! Thank you so much, Santa has come early this year! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Argos website is really acting up for me. Can't even log in, just gives me oops! Error and go back to main page. Misses can use website no problem and I can do on website.
    I wanted to keep all logged in on the phone and check now and then and snipe X for myself.

If anyone will be able to get a code for Limerick, I would really appreciate.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I had read Jedi Fallen Order was originally supposed to have ran poorly on consoles. I played it last night and thought it played and looked great and that hasn't yet received any enhancements.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Hurrache wrote: »
    I had read Jedi Fallen Order was originally supposed to have ran poorly on consoles. I played it last night and thought it played and looked great and that hasn't yet received any enhancements.

I started playing this game as well for the first time last night on my Series X and it looks wonderful and plays great! I'm absolutely loving gamespass too, never had it before till this week as I haven't owned an xbox since the 360 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Hurrache wrote: »

The frame rate often dropped sub 30 frames on One X. It was very juddery.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Yeah, I subsequently watched a Digital Foundry tear down of how it ran across the X, S, PS4 and PS4 Pro highlight all the issues. Apparently it's locked into 60FPS on the Series X now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 TheJockster

PM sent. Thanks to Basil3 who kindly gave it to me but turns out I don't need it.

Thanks to Mr Grumble and Basil3 for the code I went to Argos this morning and got one!! Yer both legends, also the guy in Argos said they had 4 left on reserve codes at 10am due to run out later today, so maybe keep an eye later on to see if any release again!

Thanks again everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Hi,
    Does anyone know where to get a charging pack for the Series X, my older batteries don't fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Does anyone know what the download size of Halo 5 is on the S? Is it possible to separate the campaign and multiplayer or is that only in the MCC?

Advertisement