Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

And collected :)

Many thanks, had planned on waiting but you know hype and the fact I could never hold me piddle.

Wait till you try to play Borderlands 3. Massive updates for each DLC as well as a huge 60 something gigabyte download for base game. But it may not mater to you as you probably have fast internet. I still haven't played the game to see the upgrades as I have really slow internet and I am only half way done downloading the base game update and still have the DLC updates to do.

Wait till you try to play Borderlands 3. Massive updates for each DLC as well as a huge 60 something gigabyte download for base game. But it may not mater to you as you probably have fast internet. I still haven't played the game to see the upgrades as I have really slow internet and I am only half way done downloading the base game update and still have the DLC updates to do.

Currently moving stuff over to the external hard drive on the one, so I'll give it a go later tonight if I can, 60gb is still a few hours downloading for me here I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

X available in Argos Killarney now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Cancelled my Amazon order, gutted my PS5 order is also with them.

Squaredude wrote: »

Also Navan (2) and Tralee (1)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Anyone buying a controller on Amazon?

I took a code for Kilarney for family but they already got sorted so if someone needs it let me know. Valid until end of the day tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

Anyone buying a controller on Amazon?

You can get them for £45 on Ebay for the new controllers from shopto.

dan786 wrote: »
    You can get them for £45 on Ebay for the new controllers from shopto.

Saw a few on Adverts for €50

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Roverseire78

Any codes left?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

dan786 wrote: »
    I can see Cex paying 700-800 cash for PS5 and sell for 1000

760 was talking to chap who works in it earlier

I see they still haven't found the solution for manage updates taking an age to load.

On the plus side it's fun watching it eat trough games when transferring them from an external to the internal drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,350 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

recyclops wrote: »
    Anybody having issues with Forza horizon mine is completed broke. Keeps telling me to download lego which I have done, have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Tried moving storage and nothing is working
    skerry wrote: »
    I've played a decent amount on Series X and no issues. I don't have the lego expansion though.

Seems to be a couple ot weird things going on with random games for people here and there. I havent been able to get Master Chief Collection running properly but others here have no issue

Can't speak for everyone's experience but there are certainly a decent amount of OS/software issues at work, as with most launches, that will obviously be actioned over the coming days and weeks (and then for the entire lifespan).

I do wonder though how many of the issues are related to external storage though ? Case in point is Forza Horizon 4 for me. That updated after the initial console setup....it saw the game installed on the external and proceeded to update by downloading the game to the internal as expected. Game ran fine etc
    But going back to it a day after, I had nothing but issues.....when the game jumped back in (not QR) and automatically brought up the map, I was left with a black screen. Able to quit etc, but couldn't get the game to run properly. Always the same point.
    Thinking that the install still on the external might have been conflicting, I deleted that, but still no joy. Ended up downloading the game as if new to the internal and them everything was fine.
    Hard to pin down, but given the amount of addons for the game still resident the first time, I can't but help thinking there may be some conflicts at work.

For the time being, I certainly won't be having optimised games duplicated just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭bassy

Squaredude wrote: »

nothing coming up on argos checker

bassy wrote: »
    nothing coming up on argos checker

You're going to have to be about 2 hours faster than you were.

The fact that argos haven't shifted all their stock would show that people are snapping up reservations just for fun and letting them expire.

Basil3 wrote: »
    You're going to have to be about 2 hours faster than you were.

i,ve checked several times over the last few days for stores near me or not to far away and nothing.

bassy wrote: »
    i,ve checked several times over the last few days for stores near me or not to far away and nothing.

When they become available, they're generally gone within a matter of minutes. You need to stop treating it like a hobby and realise it's a full time job :D

The fact that argos haven't shifted all their stock would show that people are snapping up reservations just for fun and letting them expire.

Or hoping that they can use their reservation as a bargaining chip for another one in a different location.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

anyone having issues with COD cold war on the series X?

the console keeps shutting down about 2 mins into a lot of multiplayer games, and certainly the last 5 in a row. it freezes for a few seconds, the speakers make this weird buzzing noise, and then just shuts down.
    very annoying!

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    When they become available, they're generally gone within a matter of minutes. You need to stop treating it like a hobby and realise it's a full time job :D

:rolleyes::rolleyes: :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Maacgyver

Their up on smyths lads i just nabbed a series x controller bundle for home delivery looks like solo console in stock as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AdamEnglishhh

Maacgyver wrote: »
    Their up on smyths lads i just nabbed a series x controller bundle for home delivery looks like solo console in stock as well.

Just got one! Cheers bud

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just got one myself, thanks for the shout! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Right, that was silly. Just ordered one! Thank you!

Will have a lot of explaining to do ... and time to sell some stuff in CEX.

Was telling myself I'll get one next year when all the hype dies down. Oh I'm in trouble ! :)

19/11 delivery. Covid 19 piss off Xmas present for me!

link for smyths series X:

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/xbox-gaming/xbox-series-x-%7c-s/xbox-series-x-%7c-s-consoles/xbox-series-x-1tb-console/p/192012

ETA: these are all home delivery rather than C and C, so you may be waiting for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AdamEnglishhh

ETA: these are all home delivery rather than C and C, so you may be waiting for delivery

It says to be delivered on or before Thursday 19th so we'll see how that ends up

It says to be delivered on or before Thursday 19th so we'll see how that ends up

knew they had them in stock :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/xbox-gaming/xbox-series-x-%7c-s/xbox-series-x-%7c-s-consoles/xbox-series-x-1tb-console/p/192012

Mine saying expected delivery is on or before Thursday (19th), ideal for me as it's an Xmas present. Suspect they're uncollected pre-orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Good man but in my excitement I ordered 2 controllers instead of one as I tried to remove the controller but couldnt. Ah well, emailed them to remove the extra one. Not sure when it will arrive but I don't mind.

Advertisement