Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Good old Smyths, Irish store and all. That's my angle!

I'm supporting the local economy and MS has loads of employees in Ireland. Now, do they deliver these in indiscrete wrapping I wonder. Or will the delivery guy be roaring and screaming "X box Series X delivery. Just dropping it off outside your door. Nothing to see here folks. Move along". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    Good old Smyths, Irish store and all. That's my angle!

I'm supporting the local economy and MS has loads of employees in Ireland. Now, do they deliver these in indiscrete wrapping I wonder. Or will the delivery guy be roaring and screaming "X box Series X delivery. Just dropping it off outside your door. Nothing to see here folks. Move along".
    it be in a brown box.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭bassy

rob808 wrote: »
    it be in a brown box.

twill be a box inside a box and a box inside.

Has anyone tried loading games from a USB external? It's incredibly slow. We are talking serious minutes passing ffs.

EDI: Just seems to be some games that behave like this, notably the older borderlands ones. I'll try a few others and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭rob808

bassy wrote: »
    well yea extra protection doh Microsoft did a good job keeping series x safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭bassy

rob808 wrote: »
    well yea extra protection doh Microsoft did a good job keeping series x safe.

the would want to for 500 of the best.

bassy wrote: »

Xbox cubed = GameCube :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Maacgyver

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Just got one myself, thanks for the shout! :D

No problem hope the stock keeps coming and the scalpers get wrecked. Same rubbish going on with new pc parts as well(stuck in pre-order hell for RTX 3080 with Scan UK)

Good to see some normal people getting what they want for Christmas:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Maacgyver wrote: »
    No problem hope the stock keeps coming and the scalpers get wrecked. Same rubbish going on with new pc parts as well(stuck in pre-order hell for RTX 3080 with Scan UK)

Good to see some normal people getting what they want for Christmas:)

Thanks again. Was refreshing the checkargos site like an idiot and thinking do I know anyone in Killarney. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Their up on smyths lads i just nabbed a series x controller bundle for home delivery looks like solo console in stock as well.

Ordered - Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Make sure and have a go of Tetris Connected. Absolutely brilliant, and mental

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

the corpo wrote: »
    Make sure and have a go of Tetris Connected. Absolutely brilliant, and mental

Gave it a lash last night. Was like being at a rave :) Would be wicked with headphones on Id say

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

amadablam wrote: »

Those kind of reviews remind me what I often forget: how absolutely clueless 90% of casual gamers are. They don’t understand anything about how stuff works on these consoles and they’ll believe any buzzword thrown at them without understanding what it means. Series S is perfect for those people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

rm212 wrote: »
    Those kind of reviews remind me what I often forget: how absolutely clueless 90% of casual gamers are. They don’t understand anything about how stuff works on these consoles and they’ll believe any buzzword thrown at them without understanding what it means. Series S is perfect for those people.

I'd say half of them are expecting the console to somehow magically churn out 4k graphics on their 21 inch HD TV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

rm212 wrote: »

Yep and I'd imagine many don't have the best TVs or monitors to get the most out of the consoles to begin with and get disappointed. Same with the One X when it came out. Lads spending 500 on a console and 400 on a '4k tv' that's not truly 4k to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kuj90

I took a code for Kilarney for family but they already got sorted so if someone needs it let me know. Valid until end of the day tomorrow.
    Hi yes that would be amazing if its still available thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,040 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Kuj90 wrote: »
    Hi yes that would be amazing if its still available thanks

send a PM as well to be sure!

send a PM as well to be sure!
    Ok just sent one thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭Goose81

RGARDINR wrote: »
    I say there will be a lot of angry people on the ps5 preorder thread next week waiting for orders. Multiple it by a lot compared to the xbox. I see people having issues with gamestop wel I'm in wave 2 come end of November i would prefer to collect in store when restrictions end 1st December so I wouldn't be a curtain twitcher watching out for my delivery to arrive ha a lot less stress I think. I think people have aged on this thread with stress waiting and still waiting to get their new console.

Why do you care what PlayStation fans think? Just because the Xbox preorder seems to have gone better doesn't mean any console is better or worse than another, for shame.

Look after yourself and stop caring and getting into other people's business. You must not have anything better to do...

Restrictions won't end then btw, go + a month. I work in government advisory to FF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭Goose81

skerry wrote: »
    I'd say half of them are expecting the console to somehow magically churn out 4k graphics on their 21 inch HD TV

If you ain't got an LG oled circa 2019/2020/2021 you may aswell throw the console in the bin. No other TV comes close and people who have lesser TVs are pissing money away.

To think buying a series X to play it on some piece of crap 800 euro Samsung, wtf lol. Thinking you will get the most out of it lol

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Goose81 wrote: »
    If you ain't got an LG oled circa 2019/2020/2021 you may aswell throw the console in the bin. No other TV comes close and people who have lesser TVs are pissing money away.

To think buying a series X to play it on some piece of crap 800 euro Samsung, wtf lol. Thinking you will get the most out of it lol

Nonsense, I've a c9 myself, but to say no other TVs are worth it shows a real lack of understanding. Plenty of quality reasonably priced panels available from a multitude of brands.

Let alone for your post above......

Is the only way to check every argos store availability at once is to have l all the stores on separate windows tab .Currently using my phone to check

Kuj90 wrote: »
    Is the only way to check every argos store availability at once is to have l all the stores on separate windows tab .Currently using my phone to check

There is a checkargos web site , you can check up to 10 at once .... Here is the series x link

https://checkargos.com/product/8448262

Maybe there is a better way

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Nonsense, I've a c9 myself, but to say no other TVs are worth it shows a real lack of understanding. Plenty of quality reasonably priced panels available from a multitude of brands.

Let alone for your post above......

He works as an advisor for FF, how dare you sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

If anyone has a spare reservation for a series x south of the country (Cork/Kerry ideally) you'd be making me a very happy person indeed. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Their up on smyths lads i just nabbed a series x controller bundle for home delivery looks like solo console in stock as well.

Thanks ordered, I’ll get you 2 tickets to Wild Mountain Thyme as a reward.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Have a code for tullamore for collection today, PM me for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

Get a gaming monitor much better than LG tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Could you get this brought up in the dail? I want Leos stance on it. I already know that Michael Healy Rae is a Samsung man himself so I am expecting a heated battle. (I went to killarney for a weekend once so I am in the know).

Advertisement