Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Mr.S wrote: »
    I have a Samsung QLED (Q60R) TV - currently the settings are 4K @ 60Hz with HDR enabled - should I also have Game Mode turned on via the TV settings?

I have a Q70R. You’re limited to 1080p @ 120Hz and when active it seems to turn off HDR.

You do want game mode on the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

Seems like level 3 December 1st then level 2 around the 14th.

Anyway back to xbox. Should I be able to get 4k 120hz to BenQ 2700 projector? At the moment settings way 4k 60. Passing via a marantz Sr 6012 receiver

Just check the lag it tends to be higher on projectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

quad_red wrote: »
    I have a Q70R. You’re limited to 1080p @ 120Hz and when active it seems to turn off HDR.

You do want game mode on the tv.

You sure? I've got nu8000 running warzone perfectly at 1440p 120hz and it's buttery smooth with hdr on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    Any word on the second wave from GameStop?

Not yet, but considering they're posting large expensive consoles via post and not courier I hope it doesn't come in until after lockdown so I can just collect from the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Braytek

Anyone know when stock will be in again for smythstoys or Argos? I have pre-ordered Xbox Series X and paid in full but looks like not gonna get it this year.

I ordered early on the day as well but hear they been taking orders way before that which is a shame

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

The Check Argos Stock website..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Anyway back to xbox. Should I be able to get 4k 120hz to BenQ 2700 projector? At the moment settings way 4k 60. Passing via a marantz Sr 6012 receiver

I don't think it does because it is HDMI 2.0b but have a read of this and it'll explain it better than I could. How do you find that projector? I'm currently using an Optoma UHD300x which I have been considering replacing, nothing wrong with it but I'm considering replacing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Goose81 wrote: »
    Why do you care what PlayStation fans think? Just because the Xbox preorder seems to have gone better doesn't mean any console is better or worse than another, for shame.

Look after yourself and stop caring and getting into other people's business. You must not have anything better to do...

Restrictions won't end then btw, go + a month. I work in government advisory to FF.
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Braytek wrote: »
    Anyone know when stock will be in again for smythstoys or Argos? I have pre-ordered Xbox Series X and paid in full but looks like not gonna get it this year.

I ordered early on the day as well but hear they been taking orders way before that which is a shame

GameStop told me that as well, there was a members launch or something so ordering on the day didn’t matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Anyone who purchased from MS got their rewards points? Still nothing in mine ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

I got 416 points from the date I purchased it and didn't purchase anything else that day, that's 1 point per € before tax. Someone else here contacted support and was told that you don't get rewards for purchasing the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭micks_address

dor83 wrote: »
    I don't think it does because it is HDMI 2.0b but have a read of this and it'll explain it better than I could. How do you find that projector? I'm currently using an Optoma UHD300x which I have been considering replacing, nothing wrong with it but I'm considering replacing it.
    Projector is great. Only downside is it's a little noisey. If the room warms up the fan in projector ramps up to compensate. The colour is awesome and quality. Only downside is black level which is obviously worse than my oled but the projected image size compensates. I'm at about 90 inches compared to 55 inches oled

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

Projector is great. Only downside is it's a little noisey. If the room warms up the fan in projector ramps up to compensate. The colour is awesome and quality. Only downside is black level which is obviously worse than my oled but the projected image size compensates. I'm at about 90 inches compared to 55 inches oled

Yeah, nothing beats that "big screen experience" from a projector.

The LG OLED's look amazing, and I am torn between a GX or holding out another year for the hopes that the projector market gets onto the HDMI 2.1 spec.

I have a Sony HW55ES for the last 5-6 years, and apart from a new bulb last year it has served me wonderfully.
    Admittedly it is "only" a 1080P projector, but the sheer size of the screen and the immersion you get from it is amazing.

Can only wonder what a 4K image would look like at 120"

Even at 77" for the LG GX it would still feel like a massive step down from my current screen size.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Kuj90 wrote: »
    Hi Sent you PM

Sent you the code there, sorry for the delay, was tied up all morning

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dwainec

Are they popping back up anywhere for sale

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭decus

Hi,
    Any signs of additional sales anywhere?

(Desperate at this stage...)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

scottigael wrote: »
    You sure? I've got nu8000 running warzone perfectly at 1440p 120hz and it's buttery smooth with hdr on.

I have a Q8DN Samsung and can do 1440p 120 Hz as well.

Not sure do many do it, but if I'm playing something like NBA 2k I put on Spotify and its very buggy.

The songs start to spas out a lot when things are loading etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

theteal wrote: »
    He/she was also having a hissy that their telly could be potentially worthless only a few days ago in another thread - which it's not. I think I'll stick to my usual sources for tech info

I didn't know that lol, the first post I was joking about was so random as the post he quoted had a point about people being dissapointed about delivery times for the ps5 based on the US launch.

Agreed on the tech info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Tilikum17 wrote: »

That looks awful I have to say. Plus you’ll see the cables sticking out a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Has anyone successfully got into party chats with ease using Eircom Mobile Broadband by any chance? I'm having a nightmare trying to connect... I use it because its stable then also have a 3 Mobile Unlimited for downloading... when I connected to 3 it works , still my steel series 7x won't work with my series x for some reason but when I plug my ps4 headset in it works..

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I thought I saw a post here that somebody was chatting to MS and was told that rewards points are not given for console purchases?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

I was onto them today it's 1 for 1 and before tax. Not 1 for 20 :(

Meant I only got 15 off shock blue not 25. Got more points for shock blue controller than console. Ridiculous

Bit stingy with points there alright, you lay down that kind of money it's nice to see something back.

Actually was surprised by the lack of codes in the box for gamepass or live. Maybe if you log in with a new account you might get something that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

My Smyths Series X ordered yesterday is being delivered by An Post and is already in a sorting office. I'd say I'll have it by Monday.

This will mean faster loading for me and instant resume. I've got to get through Witcher 3 and GTA5. So, this will be a big plus. But an expensive plus. And I might as well go 60FPS too :)

An idea when the free next gen version of Witcher 3 is out ? I might wait until then.

Also, I see a new next gen GTA5 for PS5. Will same happen for Xbox ?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    My Smyths Series X ordered yesterday is being delivered by An Post and is already in a sorting office. I'd say I'll have it by Monday.

This will mean faster loading for me and instant resume. I've got to get through Witcher 3 and GTA5. So, this will be a big plus. But an expensive plus. And I might as well go 60FPS too :)

An idea when the free next gen version of Witcher 3 is out ? I might wait until then.

Just so you know, games don’t automatically become 60FPS. If games are locked to 30FPS on Xbox One, they’ll be the same on Series X unless patched. So GTAV and The Witcher will be 30FPS until they get a proper Series X version.

Xbox One games with an unlocked framerate will run at 60 on Series X though. Unfortunately these are relatively uncommon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

rm212 wrote: »
    Just so you know, games don’t automatically become 60FPS. If games are locked to 30FPS on Xbox One, they’ll be the same on Series X unless patched. So GTAV and The Witcher will be 30FPS until they get a proper Series X version.

Xbox One games with an unlocked framerate will run at 60 on Series X though. Unfortunately these are relatively uncommon.

Yes I know that. I think Witcher 3 is running 60 FPS 4K on series x. At least I see YouTube be videos showing this? So that should be an improvement over One X ?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Yes I know that. I think Witcher 3 is running 60 FPS 4K on series x. At least I see YouTube be videos showing this? So that should be an improvement over One X ?

Actually you’re right - thankfully they included a performance mode in The Witcher 3 where you get an unlocked framerate with a lower resolution. This should be around 1300p and 60FPS on Series X :) Just make sure you select performance mode and not 4K mode.

The next gen version is due in 2021 but no further info - I imagine it’ll be after the Cyberpunk next gen version. But they’ll be adding ray tracing and higher quality textures so it’ll be a BIG upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I could be wrong but what I seen on rockstars website is a GTA V online standalone version so it will be a upgraded version but with just the online part without the base game. And I would assume it will come to Xbox as well.

Advertisement