Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

murpho999 wrote: »
    I thought I saw a post here that somebody was chatting to MS and was told that rewards points are not given for console purchases?

I was, told me on twitter support that new consoles were excluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Guys does anyone know if there will be any more releases of the Xbox x in any of the stores? I had a pre order through game stop for my son as a Xmas present however I never got the on the list.

What's the chances of me being able to.het one before Xmas?

Thanks all

jay28 wrote: »
    Guys does anyone know if there will be any more releases of the Xbox x in any of the stores? I had a pre order through game stop for my son as a Xmas present however I never got the on the list.

What's the chances of me being able to.het one before Xmas?

Thanks all

Where in the country are you? There's still stock popping up on Argos, but it does seem to be drying up.

I would expect there to be another wave of machines ahead of Xmas, but even if there isn't you'll get some come up like uncollected preorders in Smyths, which should be early December.

If you get really desperate, you can pay over the odds for one from CeX as well.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Where in the country are you? There's still stock popping up on Argos, but it does seem to be drying up.

I would expect there to be another wave of machines ahead of Xmas, but even if there isn't you'll get some come up like uncollected preorders in Smyths, which should be early December.

If you get really desperate, you can pay over the odds for one from CeX as well.

I'm in wexford/Wicklow border but don't mind travelling to get one if I have to, I guess I'll just have to keep checking the various sites, is there any particular time during the day that they are released?
    Cheers

jay28 wrote: »
    I'm in wexford/Wicklow border but don't mind travelling to get one if I have to, I guess I'll just have to keep checking the various sites, is there any particular time during the day that they are released?
    Cheers

You usually see a few pop up within about half an hour of Argos stores closing each night. I have seen them pop up randomly during the day as well. I'll keep an eye out.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    You usually see a few pop up within about half an hour of Argos stores closing each night. I have seen them pop up randomly during the day as well. I'll keep an eye out.

Perfect, thanks a mill!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

This forum helped me get one on friday night, so keep an eye here. Also when searching, also search for bundles as smyths have a few locked to bundle deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Are Currys selling the X/S at all? They don't even have an 'Out of Stock' message on their site, just a product promotion page.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

redt0m wrote: »
    Are Currys selling the X/S at all? They don't even have an 'Out of Stock' message on their site, just a product promotion page.

I got my X with them.

They were doing a live online queuing system from a certain time for pre-orders, so if and when they know they’re getting more stock they may do that?! They sent emails about what time that was kicking off, you had to subscribe to a newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Any advice for a tv for new gen tv with 4 HDMI ports ? Will be using for ps5/series X/ sport on IPTV . Less then a €1000?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Very impressed with auto hdr on series x, decided to try all the old call of duty games, unreal games and splinter cell, the hdr really improves the look of these old games.

Still have no game that allows 120fps but hope to change that after i put the raging fire out in my wallet, the Q90R certainly does 4k120Hz thanks to firmware upgrade. I'm really loving the new gamepad, it really has made a difference playing games, especially the share button which simplifies using the DVR function and its configurable too, my only gripe with the all the xboxes DVR function is the way it stores the hdr pixel metadata, the footage will look washed out if you watch it on pc, upload or edit, only way to correct it is with ffmpeg which is free or with high end video editing software.

A month before launch managed to buy the Samsung SWA-9000s rear speaker kit for 126 euro, 134 euro delivered from groove.land in Germany to enhance my Q70 Atmos soundbar, my God the SWA-9000s really enhance an already excellent sound stage, incredible, broke them in with Call of Duty Modern Warfare :D I found Dolby Atmos surround through head phones very good.

Very glad to read so many of you getting your consoles, I'm still waiting for a gamepad i pre ordered, its bad form Microsoft changed the battery compartment and lid design on the new pads making nearly every 3rd party battery pack unable to fit unless you modify the battery pack by snapping off the rear fins and epoxy them into the correct location. Can't beat the cradle chargers, pads always charged and ready (when kids are not using the pads) with zero wear and tear on gamepad usb socket, having said that I bought a Duracell 15 minute quick charger and some 2500mAh AA batteries to have for times kids run down battery packs and don't recharge. A pair of AA's have 5000mAh of charge so lots of uninterrupted gaming, yes more expensive than a new series x cradle and battery set up but the amount of things in my house that need AAA and AA batteries is crazy.

Argos are selling (item number 813/7391) for 17 euro, PS5 Stealth charging leads with magnetic detectable usb c plugs, each pack contains 2x 3metre braided cables, if you charge with cables and have Microsoft play and charge kit, they will save your gamepads/phones usb c socket from wear, tear and protect as cable will detach if is pulled or snagged. I've tried them and charging is quick enough on phones or gamepad considering length of cable, colour nicely complements series x. Argos link below.

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&searchTerms=8137391&authToken=-1002%252CTb6zd56kFOpztp1WPmC9rktuDxQ%253D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kuj90

Got my x series x yesterday and am looking to get microsoft complete warranty which is €50 for 3 years cover . Unfortunately it seems we can't buy it on xbox store as its only available from us in store .. I also can't find it on any irish retailers store either . Has anyone purchased the warranty and if so how?

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Kuj90 wrote: »
    Got my x series x yesterday and am looking to get microsoft complete warranty which is €50 for 3 years cover . Unfortunately it seems we can't buy it on xbox store as its only available from us in store .. I also can't find it on any irish retailers store either . Has anyone purchased the warranty and if so how?

Thank you

Is it really necessary ?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭endeval

Argos has Series S in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Thank you

You do know in Ireland your covered up to 6 years under the sale and supply of goods act 1980 ?

No need to buy any extra warranty’s in Ireland you just need to put your foot down after a year say the above law and it’s your customer right and more then likely get a free repair,

Better off putting 50 euros into gamepass then into a pointless warranty ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭recyclops

Mr.S wrote: »
    My internal drive is already full :D

I assume the ideal solution is the official Seagate expansion drive - but what's a cheaper alternative? Would a 1TB external SSD work just as well? If so - any links for amazon?

I have a 1TB external HDD which I used on the previous Xbox, but I'm right in saying the games won't be Series X optimised if running off that?

Yeah you would need to move the games should you wish to use the optimized games.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

lad,s i know this is slighty unrelated.
    i boguht call of duty coldwar from smyths, it has on the front xbox x series x
    iv'e opened it, on closed inspection this is not the series x one, it looks like the xbox x i got, even though it has series x on it
    just becaeful lads, i doubt smyth will take it back, it works on the series x but its not exhanced graphics

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mr.S wrote: »
    Looking at the prices for 1TB external SSD’s, the Seagate Xbox one isn’t much higher, so probably better to get one of those?

absolutely.
    Using the expansion one gives you the same speeds as the internal one as they're both pci-e based and not limited by USB.
    It was people's lack of understanding really that led them to believe MS was gouging people when in fact its only slightly dearer than a normal ssd drive.
    Now in another year or 2 when nvm drives go cheaper then it wouldn't be such as good deal but for now its perfect.

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    Is it really necessary ?

Well based on previous console launches yes its 100%necessary, its only 50 and covers you for 3 years instead of the standard 1

You do know in Ireland your covered up to 6 years under the sale and supply of goods act 1980 ?

No need to buy any extra warranty’s in Ireland you just need to put your foot down after a year say the above law and it’s your customer right and more then likely get a free repair,

Better off putting 50 euros into gamepass then into a pointless warranty ...

Wow I didn't know that .. thats amazing ill look that up . Thanks for the heads up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Wow I didn't know that .. thats amazing ill look that up . Thanks for the heads up

The MS warreanty covers accidents and controller wear it seems. But I've never ever bought an extended warranty. Also maybe your house insurance covers accidents. But really the series x will just be sitting in one place ...

Wonder does it cover smashing up your Xbox or dropping if from a height for a YouTube clicks video. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Can anyone recommend a headset?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Still can't get the Master Chief Collection to run properly. First screen is fine, then everything after that looks like the screen has been blacked out and can only see bare images and options. Have tried moving to internal, reinstalling no dice. Hoping new update fixes it next week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Lenny wrote: »
    lad,s i know this is slighty unrelated.
    i boguht call of duty coldwar from smyths, it has on the front xbox x series x
    iv'e opened it, on closed inspection this is not the series x one, it looks like the xbox x i got, even though it has series x on it
    just becaeful lads, i doubt smyth will take it back, it works on the series x but its not exhanced graphics

If this is the one you got, it is the correct version.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/pre-order-games/xbox-series-x-pre-order-games/call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-xbox-series-x/p/191952

If this is not the one you got there is no way to upgrade on Xbox, they are offering an upgrade on PSN. Seems to be more of their promotional bs with Sony preventing it.

DM_2092 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a headset?

Depends on your budget. You can get the Arctis 7x headset from Steelseries off their website for just under €160 if you use an easily searchable discount code. These work wirelessly on all platforms including Switch in handheld mode.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

If this is the one you got, it is the correct version.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/pre-order-games/xbox-series-x-pre-order-games/call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-xbox-series-x/p/191952

If this is not the one you got there is no way to upgrade on Xbox, they are offering an upgrade on PSN. Seems to be more of their promotional bs with Sony preventing it.

no i got this one cause it was the first displaed when i searched
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/pre-order-games/xbox-one-pre-order-games/call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-xbox-one/p/190634

and theres no way to upgrade it either

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Anyone having issues with super slow download speeds? When i check on the series x its about 80Mbps, yet when I check on the one x thats right beside it I get over 500Mpbs.

Okay I have it sorted now.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/pre-order-games/xbox-one-pre-order-games/call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-xbox-one/p/190634

Oh that sucks. Why do you think you can't exchange it? Does the actual box have Series X on it? Either way, the picture on the product page does and it has misled you into buying the wrong version, I wouldn't take no for an answer from them.

No way to upgrade it on Xbox, they're providing a €10 upgrade pack on psn for PS5.

Try selling it on Adverts, or failing that it looks like CEX will give you €47 cash for it.

• Advertisement

Oh that sucks. Why do you think you can't exchange it? Does the actual box have Series X on it? Either way, the picture on the product page does and it has misled you into buying the wrong version, I wouldn't take no for an answer from them.

The boxes are extremely similar.

Xbox One only
    190634.jpg

Xbox Cross Gen
    191952.jpg

Advertisement