Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

The boxes are extremely similar.

Xbox One only
    190634.jpg

Xbox Cross Gen
    191952.jpg

That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen.

How many people are gonna get caught there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

Yeah, it's outrageously stupid alright.

I'd say Smyths will take it back if you explain. That is so misleading, what are the company thinking with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Mr.S wrote: »
    My internal drive is already full :D

I assume the ideal solution is the official Seagate expansion drive - but what's a cheaper alternative? Would a 1TB external SSD work just as well? If so - any links for amazon?

I have a 1TB external HDD which I used on the previous Xbox, but I'm right in saying the games won't be Series X optimised if running off that?

I've a 1TB Samsung 870 QVO with a Sabrient SATA to USB 3.1 gen 2 as recommended by digital foundry, excellent for running non series x games, series x games will only run off the internal or official seagate expansion, but series x games can be stored on any disk but not run from them, very very fast loading times, got them both from amazon for £110, tried it out on one x and halved the loading times on forza horizon 4 and other games, works faster on series x. Copying games to and from internal and external is quick, works out far cheaper than a external ssd of same capacity and this drive has all its electronics enclosed so nothing electrical exposed, looks like an external drive.

Argos sell it for 137 euro but without sata to usb adapter, amazon sell both for less.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Internal-Solid-State-MZ-77Q1T0/dp/B089QXQ1TV/ref=sr_1_1?crid=N5D13FTTBPKV&dchild=1&keywords=samsung+870+qvo&qid=1605453894&sprefix=samsung+870%2Caps%2C418&sr=8-1

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sabrent-2-5-Inch-Adapter-Optimized-EC-SS31/dp/B017NIDXF0/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3NDHPDAGZQZLV&dchild=1&keywords=sabrent+sata+ssd+usb+3.1&qid=1605453974&sprefix=sabrient+sata%2Caps%2C169&sr=8-3

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-xbox-series-x-back-compat-ssd-load-time-analysis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

quad_red wrote: »
    That’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen.

How many people are gonna get caught there?

All because Activision are a scummy company and not offering both versions like everyone else.

Activision are even more anti consumer than EA, which is not easy.

One Series X available in Sligo Argos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,096 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

wexdevil wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with super slow download speeds? When i check on the series x its about 80Mbps, yet when I check on the one x thats right beside it I get over 500Mpbs.

Okay I have it sorted now.

What was causing the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Sold my 1x scorpio (boxed), extra controller and sekiro for 235euro

Thew in a 13euro voucher for cex as the buyer was only 18 , knew it was a lot for them to be spending

I think they got very good deal and I’m happy enough with the price agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭wexdevil

TitianGerm wrote: »
    What was causing the issue?

On my router it was limiting the speed to 100Mbps, while the port with the One X was 1000Mbps. I think the issue was caused by copying the settings over from on xbox to the other.(no idea really) I basically connected the Series X via wireless and then switched back to wired and sure enough that port is now listed 1000Mbps on the router. :confused:

Strange one but speeds are wayyyy better than they were on the One X.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

I got the X for my son for Xmas any other extras that would help a Santa out??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Sold my 1x scorpio (boxed), extra controller and sekiro for 235euro

Thew in a 13euro voucher for cex as the buyer was only 18 , knew it was a lot for them to be spending

I think they got very good deal and I’m happy enough with the price agreed

I have mine up for less no takers and willing to sell it a lot less than I have it up for. It's also a scorpio edition too.

• Advertisement

I have mine up for less no takers and willing to sell it a lot less than I have it up for. It's also a scorpio edition too.

What do you have it up for , If you don’t mind me asking ?

Cex selling the 1x for 290-300 and controller for 75!

Yet buying the Xbox for 140

What do you have it up for , If you don’t mind me asking ?

Cex selling the 1x for 290-300 and controller for 75!

Yet buying the Xbox for 140

€200 but I would take less. I cannot sell it to CEX as I opened it up to install a SSD a year or so ago.

€200 but I would take less. I cannot sell it to CEX as I opened it up to install a SSD a year or so ago.

My breakdown in my head was

40 for the controller ( was offered 45 on adverts )
    25 for sekiro
    13 voucher

So Xbox was around 155

Price in ad was 250 so I took 15 off the Xbox from 170

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Wolfgang Megahertz

Lashes28 wrote: »

Xbox Live subscription. Game pass. Decent headset. Whatever games he's into. Additional controller if he has siblings/friends over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Turn it on and set it up *before* Christmas Day. Any games you buy, pop them in and download any updates required etc.

With one or two games you could have hundreds of gigs of day one patches that need to be downloaded (ie. even if you have the full game on a disc, you may need to redownload the entire thing in order to play it against other people online).

Turn it on and set it up *before* Christmas Day. Any games you buy, pop them in and download any updates required etc.

With one or two games you could have hundreds of gigs of day one patches that need to be downloaded (ie. even if you have the full game on a disc, you may need to redownload the entire thing in order to play it against other people online).

That is every good advice nothing worse sitting looking at a download screen waiting for games to update. My own series X even needed a Xbox update when I first turned it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

My One X controller chargeable battery kit doesn't fit the Series X controller, I'm on my third set of normal aa batteries since Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Theopinionater

Xbox Series X randomly shut off and refuses to turn back on, tried everything

Any similar experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

skerry wrote: »
    Still can't get the Master Chief Collection to run properly. First screen is fine, then everything after that looks like the screen has been blacked out and can only see bare images and options. Have tried moving to internal, reinstalling no dice. Hoping new update fixes it next week

Just in case anyone else runs into this issue with MCC. It seems, on setting up my console something messed with the HDR settings in thr game making everything pretty much black. Had to clamber my way to the HDR settings and restore to defaults and solved the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

PsychoPete wrote: »
    My One X controller chargeable battery kit doesn't fit the Series X controller, I'm on my third set of normal aa batteries since Tuesday

Regular batteries wont last long.

Get rechargable batteries with high capacity. I got a charger and 4 AAs for about 20 quid

Eg shop around for a decent price

https://www.mymemory.ie/energizer-1-hour-battery-charger-4-x-2300mah-aa-rechargeable-batteries.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Thanks and i can set up under my profile? And then he can take over or do I need to know his profile name/password?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

wexdevil wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with super slow download speeds? When i check on the series x its about 80Mbps, yet when I check on the one x thats right beside it I get over 500Mpbs.

Okay I have it sorted now.

How did you sort this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

tony1980 wrote: »
    How did you sort this?

I was running into the same issue earlier. I just restarted the console (hold the guide button, choose restart console instead of turn off/turn off controller). That fixed it straight away. Not sure it's 100% a fix for the issue, but it worked for me this time so give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,423 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Homelander wrote: »
    Yeah, it's outrageously stupid alright.

I'd say Smyths will take it back if you explain. That is so misleading, what are the company thinking with that.

Thinking Cha Chiinngg

People buying the wrong game as xmas presents, and the gamers having to go off and buy the next gen version separately

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    Regular batteries wont last long.

Get rechargable batteries with high capacity. I got a charger and 4 AAs for about 20 quid

Eg shop around for a decent price

https://www.mymemory.ie/energizer-1-hour-battery-charger-4-x-2300mah-aa-rechargeable-batteries.html

IKEA's are slight higher capacity for cheap cheap - basic charger is an additional €7

Linkyboo

evening all

is it possible to transfer game progress to a new gamer tag/profile?

my young fella is now of an age he wants his own gamertag, the one he uses is linked to my MS account.

or can I leave him on it, and "de-link" it to my MS, and set up a new one, and add him as Family in MS?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Thanks and i can set up under my profile? And then he can take over or do I need to know his profile name/password?

I set ours up under my profile and added my son as a family member but now I need to be logged in all the time, perhaps better to set up under his profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

theteal wrote: »
    IKEA's are slight higher capacity for cheap cheap - basic charger is an additional €7

Linkyboo

My example includes 4 batteries + a battery charger than can charge the batteries in less than an hour.
    I got it for about 20, I see it's more expensive now.
    And you can charge 1,2,3,4 batteries at a time.
    Currently using 2 of these batteries for motion sensor lights in the attic !
    Might use some later in my TV REMOTE CONTROL !!!
    BY THE POWER OF STANDARD AA BATTERIES ! :)

Let's please not start #batterygate again :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

The boxes are extremely similar.

Xbox One only
    190634.jpg

Xbox Cross Gen
    191952.jpg

I thought either version would work? Won't the X version unlock the XSX version like the PS5? If not then the boxes need a change of green or something big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Was in the middle of a game of siege on my series x and it just randomly powered off.. Controller stayed connected power just went on the xbox... My nightmare with this series x continues

Advertisement