Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ha, the social media guys woke up

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1303213264441024514

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

From the latest leak.
    The Xbox Series S will cost $300.
    The Xbox Series X will cost $500.
    Both consoles will be out on November 10.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-and-xbox-series-s-release-date-and-price-finally-revealed

From the latest leak.
    The Xbox Series S will cost $300.
    The Xbox Series X will cost $500.
    Both consoles will be out on November 10.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-and-xbox-series-s-release-date-and-price-finally-revealed
    All access options look interesting. I wonder how long the terms are? Series S would be 12 months to pay back 300 and series X a little over 14 months. But I'm assuming you end up pay more, but if its only a little bit more this could be a real game changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

All access options look interesting. I wonder how long the terms are? Series S would be 12 months to pay back 300 and series X a little over 14 months. But I'm assuming you end up pay more, but if its only a little bit more this could be a real game changer.

All Access wasn't available over here last time so I wouldn't be expecting it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

i think they get packaged with gamepass as well so it could be a 24 month if not ultimate or longer if it is but again a very sweet deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

recyclops wrote: »
    i think they get packaged with gamepass as well so it could be a 24 month if not ultimate or longer if it is but again a very sweet deal

They get packed with GPU and the term of the contract is 24 months.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    All Access wasn't available over here last time so I wouldn't be expecting it this time.

supposed to be coming to more markets. We're usually on the first list when it come to xbox releases but I suppose this is different as its financial.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

supposed to be coming to more markets. We're usually on the first list when it come to xbox releases but I suppose this is different as its financial.

Yeah, All Access requires Microsoft to partner with a finance provider, so it's not a simple thing to just launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Looks like a radio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Looks like a radio
    yea maybe we can listen to the radio while we game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Wonder what that will work out at in Euro? Has it typically been the same or can we expect 350 or something close to that

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Wonder what that will work out at in Euro? Has it typically been the same or can we expect 350 or something close to that
    it should be the same €299

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

rob808 wrote: »
    it should be the same €299

Which would make it cheaper than the switch while far more powerful.

It’ll be a great little machine with GamePass

Mr.S wrote: »
    Officially announced now:

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1303230071033880576

So this is targeted at more...casual gamers who don't need a full powered console? Much prefer the design over the Series X
    1080p 60fps gaming. The majority of the market.

Which would make it cheaper than the switch while far more powerful.

It’ll be a great little machine with GamePass
    well will help people who can't afford a xbox series x and play games at 1440p and full HD 60 fps.

rob808 wrote: »
    well will help people who can't afford a xbox series x and play games at 1440p and full HD 60 fps.

Rumors keep fluctuating between 1080p and 1440p. Maybe both? Maybe 1440p @30fps and 1080p @60fps. Either way, price is spot on.

Rumors keep fluctuating between 1080p and 1440p. Maybe both? Maybe 1440p @30fps and 1080p @60fps. Either way, price is spot on.

It'll depend on the game, to be honest. If it's 4k30 on series X, then it'll be 1080/1440p30 on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭djan

I wonder how it will perform compared to the One X. Would be tempted as I would mostly use the Xbox for FIFA and non FPS games where high refresh rates aren't an issue. 1080p or even 1440p at high graphics settings would suffice :)

djan wrote: »
    I wonder how it will perform compared to the One X. Would be tempted as I would mostly use the Xbox for FIFA and non FPS games where high refresh rates aren't an issue. 1080p or even 1440p at high graphics settings would suffice :)

With faster ram, an SSD and RDNA architecture I'd imagine it'll be a bit of a jump.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »

Feckers with their Irish tax. Buy from Amazon and save a few euro :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Feckers with their Irish tax. Buy from Amazon and save a few euro :pac:

250 pounds is 277 euro as we speak on Revolut, that €22 difference is better in my pocket!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Is it supposed to stay vertical like that, or can you place it horizontally?
    I'm not changing my cabinets for something like this! And standing like that might be a tad unstable, no?

JoyPad wrote: »
    Is it supposed to stay vertical like that, or can you place it horizontally?
    I'm not changing my cabinets for something like this! And standing like that might be a tad unstable, no?

Both the X and S can be positioned horizontally. The X looks a bit weird like that, but it's got built in feet for it. I'm only assuming the S is the same, but it'd be utterly ridiculous if it didn't follow the X.

The sizzle reel leaked as well now.

https://twitter.com/_h0x0d_/status/1303252607759130624

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

I'm getting a play station 4 instead

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I'm getting a play station 4 instead

Good for you

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

500 euros for the series x isn’t as costly as I was expecting

However Sony is going to undercut that with the ps5 price and make it 450 however they won’t be able to undercut the Digital series s but we will wait and see like,

Anyway we are only 2 months away from d day and god knows what games we will be getting day one !!!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So it says 1440p there in that sizzle reel. Have to say at that price I'll be pretty tempted to pick one up.

If Sony undercut the X then picking up an S and a PS5 seems like a great best of both worlds option.

Advertisement