Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

One thing I have noticed about the series X is it cold boots really quick few seconds compared to my One and One X which took an age to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭robertdempsey

Hey, Keeping an eye on this thread, lots of interesting comments.
    See alot of you have received your consoles, others getting them next week, very best if luck with them.

Been on the lookout for a series X since day one but but unfortunately never secured a pre order. If anyone gets a pre order /reservation that they no longer need I'd love to take it off you.

Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Theopinionater

Whether a replacement unit has the same issue is outside your control. So I wouldn't worry about it or even think about it.

If you want a console, i'm sure Argos would reserve one for you. They'd probably prefer that versus giving you a refund.

Alternatively you send it to Microsoft under the normal RMA procedure. You'd be waiting a few weeks but you'll get a console.

If you are really paranoid about hardware issues then just get a refund and wait 6 months because that's how long it takes before lessons learned from launch units are incorporated into a minor hardware revision. That's not much fun though.

Nope, they admitted that there would be no replacement due to the demand which is completely understandable and I was aware of same before even entering the store.

I got a full refund upfront and they even tested the console and couldn’t believe it that it had decided to go the pearly gates so early.

I didn’t want “a console” I wanted “my console” I’m well aware of sending Microsoft stuff for repairs and getting other people’s stuff back (360 days) haha.

I wouldn’t call it “paranoid” more weary/sceptical but I could easily wait a few months, I’m in no rush to secure another one but I would if I could, quite enjoyed my quick experience with Cold War while it lasted. I am a casual gamer not by choice (time constraints/everyday life) so I’m not completely put off by the series S either.

Many thanks to yourself and anybody else to offer comment and solution with the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Guys I came across a thread on here a week or so ago about setting up a game pass and explaining what's best, however I can't seem to find it now, would anyone happen to have the link that was provided?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Be careful if you open it you might be getting a bill the turkey might not be the only one getting stuffed for Christmas.:eek:

I rang them on the day and they collected it off me that evening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

jay28 wrote: »
    Guys I came across a thread on here a week or so ago about setting up a game pass and explaining what's best, however I can't seem to find it now, would anyone happen to have the link that was provided?

Here

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

anoyne have a spare res for argos, my series x is faulty guess ill have to bring it back to argos

Lenny wrote: »
    anoyne have a spare res for argos, my series x is faulty guess ill have to bring it back to argos

Welcome to the unfortunate circle.

What happened with yours?

What happened with yours?

I also would like to know the fault?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

i bought it for a mate of mine, if you load up call of duty for the xbox oe version the game loads, but all lines appear on the screen, xbox ****s itself and turns off,
    if you run the series x version, it just freezes after the loading screen, i think its a grafics card problem, happened on his tv, and happening on mine, the xbox worked grand for the first 2 days

• Advertisement

i bought it for a mate of mine, if you load up call of duty for the xbox oe version the game loads, but all lines appear on the screen, xbox ****s itself and turns off,
    if you run the series x version, it just freezes after the loading screen, i think its a grafics card problem, happened on his tv, and happening on mine, the xbox worked grand for the first 2 days

Definitely a problem with the Xbox and not cod? A mate of mine is having major issues with his when playing cod. Xbox completely shuts down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Maacgyver wrote: »
    Their up on smyths lads i just nabbed a series x controller bundle for home delivery looks like solo console in stock as well.
    Blanchy90 wrote: »
    They're getting hammered on social media for not responding to queries and it's only going to get worse with the PS5 launch. Rightly so they should be addressing peoples queries rather than posting crap, I know its different teams that are doing it but even a general update on social media would appease some of the anger directed at them.

I had heard of UK stores expecting a restock at the end of NOV / start of Dec but nothing confirmed.

It's very frustrating having put a deposit down in September to be left waiting with no communication when loads of people have been able to order and get one in the past week.

Thanks much to Maacgyver for the Smyths heads up on Friday, Series X delivered today.

When I emailed GameStop on Saturday morning to cancel the pre-order & return my deposit, they were able to reply within an hour yet they couldn't reply to any of my previous (very polite) emails!

Basil3 wrote: »
    Definitely a problem with the Xbox and not cod? A mate of mine is having major issues with his when playing cod. Xbox completely shuts down.

well, it doesn't happen fifa, to be honest if you just want to play cod, and it won't work so whats the point in hanging onto it, factory reset a few times & full factory reset, so i dono..... ive had a look in the settings and it can't changed a few things, no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 28,095 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

well, it doesn't happen fifa, to be honest if you just want to play cod, and it won't work so whats the point in hanging onto it, factory reset a few times & full factory reset, so i dono..... ive had a look in the settings and it can't changed a few things, no joy

Is there good airflow around the console? COD is probably more demanding than FIFA so could be causing some overheating.

Artifactd on the screen could be a GPU issue though. If he wants a Series X I'd get onto Microsoft. Send them photos of the issue and see do they have a replacement in stock.

Sounds worrying when proper series x titles come out in the future and the console can’t hack it ......

All reviews etc on social media has only been done on backwards compatible games (obviously)

Hopefully not another red ring of dead debacle on the horizon

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Is there good airflow around the console? COD is probably more demanding than FIFA so could be causing some overheating.

Artifactd on the screen could be a GPU issue though. If he wants a Series X I'd get onto Microsoft. Send them photos of the issue and see do they have a replacement in stock.

Cod cold war is crashing a friends and mine both xbox one. Both x/s edition

TitianGerm wrote: »

the xbox is just sitting at the side of the tv, plent of airflow, its in the same spot as where my one would be, i have reset it there again, and selected not to restore settings downloading code for the second time tonight so ill see how that goes, the xbox is linked to his account so hard for meto chat on his behalf.
    its just easier to birng it back for a refund he has his xbox s there that he is playing,

Not good at all, it was also Cod that killed mine. I couldn’t even get to do the factory reset it was that bad of a shutdown. I wonder how many more will come out of the woodwork with these issues. At least Argos will accommodate the refund anyway, no issues with it.

Not good at all, it was also Cod that killed mine. I couldn’t even get to do the factory reset it was that bad of a shutdown. I wonder how many more will come out of the woodwork with these issues. At least Argos will accommodate the refund anyway, no issues with it.

Exactly, as there are no new gen games for it , nobody knows

I can see myself being too scared to play any new games on it 🀦*♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

https://www.news.com.au/technology/home-entertainment/gaming/call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war-crashing-ps5-xbox-series-xs-consoles-as-cross-play-held-back-by-ps4-xbox-one/news-story/7bb7f189962679360600ab545bb14b1f

Looks like COD is causing issues across consoles?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭McBluffin

Where does Currys Pc World stand with the Xbox Series? Are they going to be stocking it?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Just inputting on concole issues. Mine seems to be fine, except when I reset the console sometimes it doesn't reset, so I've to power it off.

Hopefully this will resolve after an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mr gucci tits

Anyone know when there coming back in stock in smyths or does anyone have a code for Dublin please?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Anyone know when there coming back in stock in smyths or does anyone have a code for Dublin please?

Try checking argos stock, keep pressing f5 often to refresh the page non-stop until there's stock available nearby.

They sell out within a few minutes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Sounds worrying when proper series x titles come out in the future and the console can’t hack it ......

All reviews etc on social media has only been done on backwards compatible games (obviously)

Hopefully not another red ring of dead debacle on the horizon

People are really scarred by that aren't they? 14-15 years later and people think MS haven't learnt from it?

Fortunately I have double checked my Series X and there's definitely no red lights or rings so it definitely can't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mr gucci tits

DM_2092 wrote: »
    Try checking argos stock, keep pressing f5 often to refresh the page non-stop until there's stock available nearby.

They sell out within a few minutes though.

Soo annoying trying to get one hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am a peasant with no series X yet, but I fired up my xbox one X now, as I cant play on my laptop for good few days, and noticed Dark Souls 3 on sale. Picked up DS1 remastered as its 60fps now, but I just found out Dark Souls 3 is 60fps on PS5 and locked 30 fps on series X! I call some bull**** on this. Kind of wanted to pick up DS3 now on sale and play whenever ill get Series X, but now I am a bit annoyed.

Some conspiracy deal with Sony?

Some conspiracy deal with Sony?

Definitely, the series X is far more powerful that the PS5. Apart from a small bit faster SSD. A fast SSD does not gain you fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Definitely, the series X is far more powerful that the PS5. Apart from a small bit faster SSD. A fast SSD does not gain you fps.

God this again, it's not how much teraflops and nonsense is written on the box, it's how you use it. Look at TLOU2 and GOW, amazing looking... MS can't do that. It's all about who's making the games, maybe the PS5 is just more suited for DS?

• Advertisement

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    God this again, it's not how much teraflops and nonsense is written on the box, it's how you use it. Look at TLOU2 and GOW, amazing looking... MS can't do that. It's all about who's making the games, maybe the PS5 is just more suited for DS?

The consoles use the same GPU and CPU. It's Sony in bed with the producers of Dark Souls 3 to make the PS version better. So yes it is a conspiracy.

Advertisement