Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I might have my cancelled one coming from Amazon, not 100% but I’ll give you first dibs on it. The only issue is I’m in Kilkenny.

Appreciate that m8. Unfortunately I had yesterday a procedure done to me, so I am bound to a couch for few days and won't be able to drive longer distances. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I don’t know has this come up but was there any indication of the numbers of S/X that have actually been made available in Ireland so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

Mucashinto wrote: »
    Well Phil Spencer can take a lot of the blame for that IMO. Xbox One games will run natively taking advantage of the increased compute power automatically he said. Very soft on mentioning this would only have a noticeable effect if the code allowed it. The trendy t-shirted swine.

Amazing I posted the same fact based explanation on Reddit on a thread with people asking why previous gen games aren't all running at 60fps.

Got downvoted.

It never ceases to amaze me that people who don't understand something will just decide it's wrong for exactly that - they don't understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

same reason morons ignore the expert advice around covid etc and the guidelines. Because they're morons.
    I find that the lower the intelligence the more disinclined these morons are to believe any expert. But get some other inbred redneck moron to post something on facebook and they have absolutely no problem believe the stupid **** they post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

If people just watched DF then they'd know why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Smyths will have more xboxes this sat i have been informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭diggerdigger

Vudgie wrote: »
    They are telling me the end of November/start of December so very vague, obviously they just don't know when/if or how much stock they will get.

When did you pre-order if you dont mind me asking? I'm trying to figure where i am in the queue. My date has gone to 27th December on my order. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Anyone able to recommend a battery pack that will allow be to recharge by USB C and keep the normal backplates on? Is that a thing? I don't want a docking station and would like to keep the original backplates on the controllers... and I don't want AA rechargeables. (note I still prefer the xbox approach of giving options, even if I happen to prefer the PS style of battery solution).

quad_red wrote: »
    I don’t know has this come up but was there any indication of the numbers of S/X that have actually been made available in Ireland so far?
    In the UK they reported 155,000 units on launch day.

I think if you went with about 7% for us you wouldn't be too far off. That's just launch day, they have restocked several times.

What i'm hearing is that Microsoft have manufactured more systems (than Sony) as of right now. They went to production earlier and had a better early yield. The yields are about the same currently. Series S in particular is very easy to manufacture and ship and they will churn those out by the boatload if the demand is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,955 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

hots wrote: »
    Anyone able to recommend a battery pack that will allow be to recharge by USB C and keep the normal backplates on? Is that a thing? I don't want a docking station and would like to keep the original backplates on the controllers... and I don't want AA rechargeables. (note I still prefer the xbox approach of giving options, even if I happen to prefer the PS style of battery solution).
    Official Xbox play and charge kit has a USB C connection and you can keep the normal backplates on the controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Official Xbox play and charge kit has a USB C connection and you can keep the normal backplates on the controller.

Spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Anyone else who has Xbox series x pre order not fulfilled by GameStop due to living in county where GameStop not open ? Their customer service team keep giving vague answers on maybe around 20th December when i may get it now when i was supposed to get my console on launch day. It seems all pre orders have been given to the those that are open and none where the shops are closed.

Based on this i will prolly cancel my pre order once shops open and just take my money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Anyone else who has Xbox series x pre order not fulfilled by GameStop due to living in county where GameStop not open ? Their customer service team keep giving vague answers on maybe around 20th December when i may get it now when i was supposed to get my console on launch day. It seems all pre orders have been given to the those that are open and none where the shops are closed.

Based on this i will prolly cancel my pre order once shops open and just take my money back.

No, sure Gamestop used An Post to send out many of the Series X consoles to customers. It sounds to me like you were not on the initial launch day allocation and they are just fobbing you off now with the 20th Dec which would be phase 2 of their allocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

ZiabR wrote: »
    No, sure Gamestop used An Post to send out many of the Series X consoles to customers. It sounds to me like you were not on the initial launch day allocation and they are just fobbing you off now with the 20th Dec which would be phase 2 of their allocation.

I have confirm email for launch day. I had paid half the xbox up front and they would not provide me with way to pay balance since my local store was closed and pushed me to later release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

Hoping one of you might indulge me on this thread for a minute.
    Managed to get an X for my son last week thanks to poster here

He moved from ps4 so has no xbox one games. I know xbox one games will work on the x but some games have versions for the X.

he's looking for fifa and cold war, maybe nba2k. They're the regular games he plays. As far as I can make out...Fifa is all the same but NBA and Cold War have X versions. He telling me he'll just get the one version as it's cheaper but I say to get the X version as it must be better (and why bother with getting the X if he's going to get the version for xbox one). Am I right?

Hope that makes sense!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭spark1976

barneyrub wrote: »

He moved from ps4 so has no xbox one games. I know xbox one games will work on the x but some games have versions for the X.

he's looking for fifa and cold war, maybe nba2k. They're the regular games he plays. As far as I can make out...Fifa is all the same but NBA and Cold War have X versions. He telling me he'll just get the one version as it's cheaper but I say to get the X version as it must be better (and why bother with getting the X if he's going to get the version for xbox one). Am I right?

Hope that makes sense!!

If i understood you correctly.

if you get the xbox one version, it'll automatically update to the series x version if you run it on the series x. Smart deliver its called. thats oen of the main points of the xbox that MS are tryign to push... doesn't matter what xbox you have it'll run the sofware at its best (but only if theres an "optomized for xbox" attached to it) at least thats my understanding of it all.

Check this out.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/06/15/what-is-smart-delivery-xbox-series-x/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hope that makes sense!!

Yup, that makes sense, and there's been a few questions about it alright.

The answer is simple: It depends on the game.

For some games, there's no difference between buying the One version, and buying the Series version. For example, buying Assassins Creed Vahalla gives you access to both the One and the Series versions. Games that are like this have a "Smart Delivery" tag on their page.

Some games though, such as the new COD, have two completely separate versions. The One version will run on the Series X, and run better than on the older consoles, but it isn't the same as the Series version, which is better looking/performing. Some publishers, like EA and Activision, just want to make people pay extra for next gen games.

In my opinion, you're better off buying the Series X version.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Hope that makes sense!!

As far as FIFA and NBA, would you not be better off getting Game Pass Ultimate?It would include EA Sports which gives him access to alot of the sports games amongst others. Plus you get access to another 100+ games from Microsoft. More than enough to keep him busy for months.

You will need Xbox Live anyway to play online etc, so games pass ultimate is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jor-El

15 x Series X in Smiths Nass

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

Jor-El wrote: »
    15 x Series X in Smiths Nass

Gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ZiabR wrote: »
    As far as FIFA and NBA, would you not be better off getting Game Pass Ultimate?It would include EA Sports which gives him access to alot of the sports games amongst others. Plus you get access to another 100+ games from Microsoft. More than enough to keep him busy for months.

You will need Xbox Live anyway to play online etc, so games pass ultimate is the way to go.

In Game Pass, Fifa 21 is a 10 hour trial and full game won't come to EA Sports Play until next year.
    NBA 2k is not an EA game so not there at all.

NBA live is EA's versiob but not sure how good/popular that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 iloctus

Gone!

Jesus. That's some demand. Hope it's not scalpers buying them

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yup, that makes sense, and there's been a few questions about it alright.

The answer is simple: It depends on the game.

For some games, there's no difference between buying the One version, and buying the Series version. For example, buying Assassins Creed Vahalla gives you access to both the One and the Series versions. Games that are like this have a "Smart Delivery" tag on their page.

Some games though, such as the new COD, have two completely separate versions. The One version will run on the Series X, and run better than on the older consoles, but it isn't the same as the Series version, which is better looking/performing. Some publishers, like EA and Activision, just want to make people pay extra for next gen games.

In my opinion, you're better off buying the Series X version.

Sorry but that's not true about EA. If you buy FIFA then it will get the Series X/S update on December 5th for free.

Link here.

Activision though with COD are an absolute disgrace and releasing 2 version of the game with simlar packaging for disc buyers is a scandal.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭robertdempsey

Got one! Got a text off smiths about 30 minutes later saying it's ready for collection. Just collected it there.

Yeah seems that even once stores are open again we'll still be waiting for more stock. I seriously doubt my "launch day" series X is waiting for me in the store room despite having already done a trade in and paid in full.

I'm the same, if its not ready for me to collect Dec 2nd I'll be asking for a refund. I've gone ahead and ordered a 2nd hand PS4. I'll pick up a few dirt cheap exclusives I've missed out on. That'll keep me busy while I wait for the dust to settle.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

Anyone else's Series X crashing right now? Every time I try to start up Yakuza the game's spash screen shows up with the quick resume icon in the corner but the screen just goes completely blank. The console then blinks twice and shuts down with the controller still on. Each time I have to manually turn it back on. The controller can't turn it on if it crashes this way.

I've seen more people with this but heard nothing about a solution yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

thanks all. So FIFA will upgrade anyway. COD & nba2k need to get the x version?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

That is correct. Nba2k is expensive atm, 2K gonna 2K, they are terrible wrt microtransactions and gambling mechanics. Far worse than EA with their sports games.

Apparently the FIFA version is next to no upgrade which is why it's free.

NBA is a separate game on next gen.

CoD has an upgraded version for e10 extra with increased frame rate and load times.
    The standard version plays on either console.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Username265

Anyone else's Series X crashing right now? Every time I try to start up Yakuza the game's spash screen shows up with the quick resume icon in the corner but the screen just goes completely blank. The console then blinks twice and shuts down with the controller still on. Each time I have to manually turn it back on. The controller can't turn it on if it crashes this way.

I've seen more people with this but heard nothing about a solution yet.

I Think I might have fixed my own problem. Might have been something to do with the game trying to resume from a bad quick resume state.

What I did was:
    > go to manage the game and its add-ons

> saved data
    > reserved space
    > delete reserved space (not the save data itself)

Then I booted up the game and it went to the title screen. Seems to be working fine now but I lost a bit of progress.

Advertisement