Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dwainec

Still looking for an X if anyone sees availability

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Braytek

dwainec wrote: »
    Still looking for an X if anyone sees availability

Same they come up random and the go in a heartbeat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Braytek wrote: »
    Same they come up random and the go in a heartbeat

I've been looking the last few days and the only place i've seen them come and go is on the Smyths website (click and collect). I'm looking myself for online orders both in the UK and Ireland.

People mentioned Argos but anytime I went on there were none.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭dwainec

Is there a different Argos checker out there. The standard one doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Braytek

CZ 453 wrote: »
    I've been looking the last few days and the only place i've seen them come and go is on the Smyths website (click and collect). I'm looking myself for online orders both in the UK and Ireland.

People mentioned Argos but anytime I went on there were none.

Yeah same, checking littlewoods, curry, argos, smyths, Harvey Norman

Shame cause I have it preordered in gamestop early and not on any wave just they hope to get to me. Which means 2021 in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jor-El

dwainec wrote: »
    Is there a different Argos checker out there. The standard one doesn't work

Works for me. What are you entering in the search field? I was entering the product name and got no results. When I entered 844/8262 it works.

If there's any stock in Argos, it will show up in the next half hour or so. A week ago there was a decent amount of Series X's about, but as you can imagine it's down to virtually nothing by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Jor-El wrote: »
    Works for me. What are you entering in the search field? I was entering the product name and got no results. When I entered 844/8262 it works.

Check Argos only works with the product code. As the error code on the website states the Argos website is s**te.

The desktop site is bad and the mobile site is completely unusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭antifyre

Sooooo.... anyone who got one off MS last week still waiting to be charged??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

barneyrub wrote: »
    Hoping one of you might indulge me on this thread for a minute.
    Managed to get an X for my son last week thanks to poster here

He moved from ps4 so has no xbox one games. I know xbox one games will work on the x but some games have versions for the X.

he's looking for fifa and cold war, maybe nba2k. They're the regular games he plays. As far as I can make out...Fifa is all the same but NBA and Cold War have X versions. He telling me he'll just get the one version as it's cheaper but I say to get the X version as it must be better (and why bother with getting the X if he's going to get the version for xbox one). Am I right?

Hope that makes sense!!

NBA2k just dropped to €34.99 on MS Store for and it's the Xbox One version annot the S/X version as this post claimed earlier before editing.
    Link

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    NBA2k just dropped to €34.99 on MS Store for S/X version.
    Link

Don't think that's the S/X version that's dropped to 34.99

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mr gucci tits

Anyone have any codes or anything for series x in dublin?

There is definitely a difference in battery life between the XSX controller and the older one. I've the same battery in play (official MS one from Xbox one launch) And have charged it twice since last Friday and just plugged it in for a 3rd time.

Going to test it on the older controller with t XSX. No head set or part chat involved in it's use at all.

I'd normally see 4-5 days of heavy use from one charge on the One X with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

That's the One version, the Series S|X version is €75 or €100 for the Mamba Forever edition which has both.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Yes you're right.

I assumed "Standard Edition" meant Special or Ultimate editions.

Don't like this idea of X/S versions being separate and/or more expensive.

MS should force Smart Delivery on all games.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Oneoneone123

Looking for a code for Xbox series X around Midlands if anyone has one please PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

For those who got one the new Xbox Series X and Series S controllers are 44.99 in Smyths , normally 64.99

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Apocalypse Dude

dan786 wrote: »
    For those who got one the new Xbox Series X and Series S controllers are 44.99 in Smyths , normally 64.99

Great deal, but it looks like their website has melted. Just getting 403 Forbidden when I try to access it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Great deal, but it looks like their website has melted. Just getting 403 Forbidden when I try to access it!

Seems fine to me, but no offer on "Shock Blue", so I'm out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

14 in Galway Smyths for click and collect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

druss wrote: »
    Seems fine to me, but no offer on "Shock Blue", so I'm out. :)

My kids argue over who gets the black one so black it is for us. Colour doesn't matter anyway as you're not looking at it when it's in your hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Basically they're putting the ones they have loads of stock that aren't selling on offer, but the shock blue is popular so no offer on it. :P

redt0m wrote: »
    14 in Galway Smyths for click and collect

Going fast - 1 left in Galway Smyths, Series X

redt0m wrote: »
    Going fast - 1 left in Galway Smyths, Series X

Annnnnd gone.... sold out again in 9 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dickiepower

Waterford smyths just got 15+ in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Anyone notice if their fan stays running while in standby mode? Mine is, and not sure if that's normal or not? I'll keep an eye on it and see if it ever stops!

Waterford smyths just got 15+ in stock

Down to 9 now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

1 Left

Anyone have any joy getting a refund out of gamestop? I'm ready to raise a dispute with my bank. You need to show proof that you tried to resolve it yourself directly with the retailer, so they'll be getting an email trail of questions leading into requests for refunds to GS all of which have been completely ignored. Pretty much case closed really, i can't resolve it with the retailer because they are not engaging.

Let's all get out money back. These crooks shouldn't be allowed get away with this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Anyone have any joy getting a refund out of gamestop? I'm ready to raise a dispute with my bank. You need to show proof that you tried to resolve it yourself directly with the retailer, so they'll be getting an email trail of questions leading into requests for refunds to GS all of which have been completely ignored. Pretty much case closed really, i can't resolve it with the retailer because they are not engaging.

Let's all get out money back. These crooks shouldn't be allowed get away with this.
    I asked for a refund but was told that because my order was done in store, it needs to be refunded in store, which seems fair enough to me.

Advertisement