Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Anyone notice if their fan stays running while in standby mode? Mine is, and not sure if that's normal or not? I'll keep an eye on it and see if it ever stops!

Pretty sure mine does too but its at a low level. Not sure how long for but it does stop. Id say its still dissipating heat generated while playing even after you've stopped

• Registered Users Posts: 18 iloctus

Got mine last night. Stayed up till 4am trying out everything. Have to say I'm serious impressed with the console itself, it's very quiet, doesn't heat up much it is however heavy.

Controller... More of the same, I do like the texture at the back of it as opposed to the smooth on the older one. Wish MS did a bit more for the controller, push it more like Sony did.

Dash is snappy, nothing to report about that really. Functional does the job.

Tried a bunch of games, old n new... Raytracing is fantastic, when done right it makes the games look awesome. I'm seriously impressed by loading... It's so quick...no waiting around, done in seconds. Older games smoother and 4k 60fps is great, new lease of life. Game pass etc.. very happy with it and glad I went for it over the ps

It feels like a great PC upgrade!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I've put all the black friday games deals into a lovely OCD pleasing table over on the Deals with Gold thread here

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

11 Series X in Cork Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

My ps5 arrived today and 4k 60hrz with HDR working for it but doesn't seem to want to work with Series X... Is this going to be fixed via update?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

redt0m wrote: »
    11 Series X in Cork Smyths

I had 1 in my basket nd by time in hot to checkout it was empty. There was 8 in stock in space of a minute they were gone

dave1982 wrote: »
    I had 1 in my basket nd by time in hot to checkout it was empty. There was 8 in stock in space of a minute they were gone

So you didn't get one? Does having it in your basket not hold it for you until you sort out payment?

So you didn't get one? Does having it in your basket not hold it for you until you sort out payment?

Apparently not. Its a disaster haha

Apparently not. Its a disaster haha

Its showing 3 more in Cork now

Edit: Well, not anymore - all gone again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

My ps5 arrived today and 4k 60hrz with HDR working for it but doesn't seem to want to work with Series X... Is this going to be fixed via update?

Could be your tv, quite a few only support that on one or two inputs.

• Advertisement

9 Series X in Claremorris Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Davobbz

This thread is amazing. I'm just refreshing over and over waiting for a series X to pop up in Limerick or Dublin. Today must be restock day for Smyth's is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭endeval

Someone is scraping sites and booking those out, too fast for random checking - very interested to know who's doing and if reselling

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

They're actually not going that fast, 20 minutes for some? That's some slow scraping.

1 back in claremorris

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭McBluffin

Can't get through to Currys at all. I have a gift voucher that can only be used in Currys. Does anyone know if they will have the Xbox?

McBluffin wrote: »
    Can't get through to Currys at all. I have a gift voucher that can only be used in Currys. Does anyone know if they will have the Xbox?

I have a gift voucher I'm trying to use as well in my local. I got a local number for them and asked could I pay for something over the phone with it and they said no, but you can come into the shop like normal. Then I asked if they have any Xboxes left and they said they sold out their preorders and "aren't getting it back in stock". Like, at all. Very weird. So I'm not bothering checking Curry's anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ps5 related, but my favourite meme so far

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/939/693/46c.jpg

1 available in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

hots wrote: »
    1 available in Cork

These things are popping up and are gone in a flash. I'm refreshing away here on the Smyths site and haven't come across 1 X series (for Cork).

• Advertisement

CZ 453 wrote: »
    These things are popping up and are gone in a flash. I'm refreshing away here on the Smyths site and haven't come across 1 X series (for Cork).

Me and another poster managed to see that one anyway so just luck of the draw I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

hots wrote: »
    Me and another poster managed to see that one anyway so just luck of the draw I'd say.

I don't doubt you. Just a general statement reflecting demand on my part.

Is there bots picking them up?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Is there bots picking them up?

No, I don't think so. Some sites have them up for minutes, if there was bots they wouldn't last that long.

It's just a reflection of demand really, there's enough people out there to take any that comes up almost immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jotrady

14 in Dublin Sword's Smyth's

jotrady wrote: »

Gone. In 3 mins.

Managed to snag a Swords one there by the looks of it :o Just waiting on the 'ready to collect' mail, not banking on it until it's in my hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

14 limerick parkway now on smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mr gucci tits

jotrady wrote: »

Got it u ledgend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 jotrady

Gone. In 3 mins.

Ya crazy

14 in Limerick now