Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 GarethN70

Best you input your card details into your account before hand, u need to be quick u will get one just keep refreshing it will be worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Davobbz wrote: »
    I keep missing them by 2 mins. Pain in the hoop

You'll get there. It was me on launch day. Believe me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Makesure you have a fully working Smyths account. Also postage is free if you do. ( Vs ordering without an account )

Maybe they will have a Friday night special like last week. That was 11pm or so.

I think they'll keep releasing them in waves leading up to Xmas. It just drives demand.

Worked on me! :):(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

OOS

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, there's enough demand for these that taking the time to input your card details while trying to order these will almost certainly mean that you'll miss out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭CarMc

Anyone know if the controllers from the Xbox One work on the Xbox Series X?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

CarMc wrote: »

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

CarMc wrote: »

Yep, still using my gen 1 Elite controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

My Series X has been in standby all day but just noticed now that it's quite warm and plenty of warm air coming out the vent.

Just read about it and apparently it's to do with the instant power on function but just wondering if other people's consoles are the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Patrykci69

GarethN70 wrote: »
    Best you input your card details into your account before hand, u need to be quick u will get one just keep refreshing it will be worth it
    Do you know how to attach your payment details to your smyths account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Patrykci69 wrote: »
    Do you know how to attach your payment details to your smyths account?

I think you'll get asked to save them the first time you order anything from them. I set up a Smyths account today but have no option to add payment details anywhere yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

murpho999 wrote: »
    My Series X has been in standby all day but just noticed now that it's quite warm and plenty of warm air coming out the vent.

Just read about it and apparently it's to do with the instant power on function but just wondering if other people's consoles are the same?

Mine doesn't do that. Mine doesn't even get really hot when playing a Xbox 360 backwards compatible game(I'm currently playing through Mass Effect 2) it only gets slightly warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Seriously,the kindness shown on here is unreal. Someone pm'd me to let me know about the Cork lot earlier. Thank you.

Unfortunately I wasn't logged in. So I'm still looking.

I hope people who were still looking earlier got sorted with all these helpful posts boardsies are posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

1 in Cork Maylor St...

Edit: Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

redt0m wrote: »
    1 in Cork Maylor St...

Edit: Gone

To me :D

Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

CZ 453 wrote: »
    To me :D

Thanks very much.

Noice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Mine doesn't do that. Mine doesn't even get really hot when playing a Xbox 360 backwards compatible game(I'm currently playing through Mass Effect 2) it only gets slightly warm.

Same here. I had Assassin's Creed Valhalla on for 3 hours, turned it off half an hour ago and it's cool (ie. not warm). I use Instant On too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Nyum Nyum wrote: »
    Same here. I had Assassin's Creed Valhalla on for 3 hours, turned it off half an hour ago and it's cool (ie. not warm). I use Instant On too.

A few days ago I played Valhalla for 7 hours and the console was only slightly warm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Monolake

PsychoPete wrote: »
    A few days ago I played Valhalla for 7 hours

You poor, poor man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Monolake wrote: »
    You poor, poor man.

I'm enjoying the story,burning builds and swinging axes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Monolake

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I'm enjoying the story,burning builds and swinging axes

Ah I'm only joking. Playing it myself. Getting very frustrated by how stale it's feeling but then I keep coming back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I'm enjoying Valhalla too, but it's pretty buggy. I might actually just play something from my backlog until this has been patched a few times.

Setting up console for the first time. Easy with app. Blu ray drive is noisy installing games. Maybe it's going full speed or something but I couldn't imagine watching a movie on it if it was that loud. Must try a blu ray movie later if I can find one...

Wired network is slow ... Getting < 15 Mbps on it when I'd normally get 80 Mbps on wired. Maybe MS systems are slow at the moment ...

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    Setting up console for the first time. Easy with app. Blu ray drive is noisy installing games. Maybe it's going full speed or something but I couldn't imagine watching a movie on it if it was that loud. Must try a blu ray movie later if I can find one...

If it is noisy while playing a movie, try a hard reset by holding down the power button on the console for a good 30 seconds or so. There was talk earlier in the thread of people sorting a noisy drive out, but that might be a long shot.

The whole thing is beautifully packaged and the series x looks perfect to be honest. No bull**** beautiful design.

Can hear air blowing out the top...

Still waiting for a game to download ..

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭thc4me

Hey_Listen wrote: »

Wired network is slow ... Getting < 15 Mbps on it when I'd normally get 80 Mbps on wired. Maybe MS systems are slow at the moment ...

I'm getting 4-500Mbps on Siro doing the exact same thing, picked up mine an hour ago so I don't think it's the servers. The One X never seemed to get more than 150Mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Snapped up a reservation in Argos for the other half's mate... picking it up in the morning for him.
    My good deeds done for the rest of the year!

thc4me wrote: »
    I'm getting 4-500Mbps on Siro doing the exact same thing, picked up mine an hour ago so I don't think it's the servers. The One X never seemed to get more than 150Mbps.

Ok, it's up to 50 Mbps now wired on a 100 Mbps connection. Changed the cable. Hopefully I'll get to play Ori this evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Patrykci69

Snapped up a reservation in Argos for the other half's mate... picking it up in the morning for him.
    My good deeds done for the rest of the year!

What location did you get it from? And to check if it was in stock did you press reserve item and the location you wanted to get it from?

• Advertisement

Playing Ori will of the Wisps in 60FPS 6K down sampled to 4K on a 1440p monitor. The 6K down sampling is new.

Seems to look better than I remember but it was always a fantastic looking game. Maybe a lot more responsive. New controller d pad is clicky but nice :)

Disk keeps spinning for a while but not nearly as loud as install time. Then stops.

Installing blu ray app now...

Advertisement