Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Ok, blu ray playback is not as loud as game install. It's ok, but would probably be too noisy for a movie watching regularly which is a shame since it's a 4K player. But I probably won't be watching blu rays on this anyway. Still a shame. Maybe it'd be quieter on a soft base and horizontally.

Installing RDR2 now ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

CZ 453 wrote: »
    To me :D

Thanks very much.

Smyths cancelled the order. There's messing :mad:

Just when you think you're out the gap with the X box under the arm they suck you back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Smyths cancelled the order. There's messing :mad:

Just when you think you're out the gap with the X box under the arm they suck you back in.

Mofos. Cork Maylor had more on smyths a mo ago. If i were u id hit the store 1st thing tmw. I reckon they will have some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Keep checking for the next hour anyway. They had a load of home delivery ones about this time last week. Fingers crossed !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭CZ 453

madalig12 wrote: »
    Mofos. Cork Maylor had more on smyths a mo ago. If i were u id hit the store 1st thing tmw. I reckon they will have some.

My one was put back up. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

My one was put back up. :pac:

Thats so weird

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mine doesn't do that. Mine doesn't even get really hot when playing a Xbox 360 backwards compatible game(I'm currently playing through Mass Effect 2) it only gets slightly warm.

Mine hasn't been getting hot at all. I've checked it when playing and at most there's been warm air coming out the top but nothing to write home about.

Xbox is still off now as I'm watching TV and Xbox is in standby and it's definitely quiet warm in the middle bottom part (beside disc drive) and mildly warm air coming from the vent which I find a bit odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Just booted up series X after getting PS5 yesterday and difference in noise levels is BIG. I worried at times the X’s fan wasn’t actually working, but it definitely is.

PS5 will randomly kick into about 30 seconds of really loud cooldown every so often and once made a really loud whine that worried me. Constant whirr you can hear most of the time. I’m sure it’s ok but surprised at the difference.

+1 MS :)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭sapper

15+ Units showing up as available in Smyths letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭MvsC3

sapper wrote: »
    15+ Units showing up as available in Smyths letterkenny

8 still available, but thanks for the excellent information pal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

3 x Series X in Letterkenny.
    Go, Go, Go.....

Edit:
    All gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just booted up series X after getting PS5 yesterday and difference in noise levels is BIG. I worried at times the X’s fan wasn’t actually working, but it definitely is.

PS5 will randomly kick into about 30 seconds of really loud cooldown every so often and once made a really loud whine that worried me. Constant whirr you can hear most of the time. I’m sure it’s ok but surprised at the difference.

+1 MS :)

There definitely seems to be more issues on launch day with the PS5 compared to the Series X when looking at both threads.

Hopefully no one is left to long for a replacement though if they have to send them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

Navan showing stock

And they're gone lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mr gucci tits

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Dundalk showing stock!

Drogheda showing stock, none left in Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Hi just wondering with people who bought in gamestop in launch wave did you all receive same? Just in 2nd launch wave at end of this month so just wondering seeing as smyths getting stock in it seems as per posts today do you reckon gamestop will then? Or did people due to get it on launch day not yet get it from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 yhoare

Just found this thread.. have a 12yr old I'm trying to get my hands on the new xbox series x for.. bloody Smyth's cancelled my order yesterday for meyler street!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

Drogheda flashed up 3 units there but they were gone in seconds.
    People must be using automated scripts to get them so fast surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

Tallaght 15- go!!
    And gone

Lasted < 1 min

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 yhoare

long_b wrote: »
    Tallaght 15- go!!
    And gone

Lasted < 1 min

Once again I have an order number.. 🀞this time it's not cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭MvsC3

long_b wrote: »
    Drogheda flashed up 3 units there but they were gone in seconds.
    People must be using automated scripts to get them so fast surely?

Damn, I was hoping to pick one up around Louth, but what is great is stock is appearing unlike the Ps5.. so still hope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Quick resume seems to not work as much as it works

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Quick resume seems to not work as much as it works

They found a last minute bug in it, they're working to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Hi just wondering with people who bought in gamestop in launch wave did you all receive same? Just in 2nd launch wave at end of this month so just wondering seeing as smyths getting stock in it seems as per posts today do you reckon gamestop will then? Or did people due to get it on launch day not yet get it from them?

Gamestop is the biggest **** show I've ever encountered. Zero contact with people with pre orders and they couldn't be contacted via phone or email since launch until the last day or two. I sent a picture of my receipt so they could let me know where and when I might get my xbox and got this as a reply.

Thank you for contacting GameStop Customer Service,

You have placed a pre-order to be in Queue, you will be contacted at a later point regarding your console order.
    This will include instructions on how to complete payment.

All pre-orders will be assigned first come first serve based on the pre-order time.
    We hope to have more information from Microsoft in the coming weeks.

Only waiting a week for this reply.
    Shambolic carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tcdd

Stock liffey valley be quick

Gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Why are Currys not stocking the Series X?

Stock in jervis Street!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭micks_address

Everyone get their 10 euro gift card from microsoft? Seems like good sale on store at moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Everyone get their 10 euro gift card from microsoft? Seems like good sale on store at moment

What gift card is this?

Advertisement