Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Shred

Everyone get their 10 euro gift card from microsoft? Seems like good sale on store at moment
    I got €5!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭micks_address

skerry wrote: »
    What gift card is this?

Got a notification in xbox app with 10 euro redeem code

• Registered Users Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭micks_address

What's the story with David becham fifa 21? Is it same game? Might buy while it's reduced

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Got a notification in xbox app with 10 euro redeem code

Nice one. Nothing here must be account specific

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mr gucci tits

yhoare wrote: »
    Just found this thread.. have a 12yr old I'm trying to get my hands on the new xbox series x for.. bloody Smyth's cancelled my order yesterday for meyler street!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

dines08 wrote: »
    Gamestop is the biggest **** show I've ever encountered. Zero contact with people with pre orders and they couldn't be contacted via phone or email since launch until the last day or two. I sent a picture of my receipt so they could let me know where and when I might get my xbox and got this as a reply.

Thank you for contacting GameStop Customer Service,

You have placed a pre-order to be in Queue, you will be contacted at a later point regarding your console order.
    This will include instructions on how to complete payment.

All pre-orders will be assigned first come first serve based on the pre-order time.
    We hope to have more information from Microsoft in the coming weeks.

Only waiting a week for this reply.
    Shambolic carry on

Ahhh right so defo won't be getting it this side of Xmas just paid it on launch day, just with their email with being in the 2nd batch end of this month was wondering but with the reply they gave you doubt it. When shop opens next month I will pop in and check it out and see what the story is. Just strange smyths still getting some in you would expect gamestop to as well if that's the case.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MOD NOTE: Please note the forum rules, there's to be absolutely no selling in this forum. Scalping will result in a ban from now on.

CIAB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Monolake

Is there a way to prevent a controller from going to sleep when not in use? I'm using a racing wheel and am relying on the controller for my headphones. But it's going to sleep after 15 minutes. I recall this being an issue with the Xbox One years back but surely it's been sorted by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Patrykci69 wrote: »
    What location did you get it from? And to check if it was in stock did you press reserve item and the location you wanted to get it from?

Got it in Arklow... I went on to argos website about 20 min after the stores closed & hit refresh constantly, working my way through the stores I was willing to drive to.
    A tip for anyone trying this, just before the stock showed as available in Arklow it said something like stock availability not working in yellow text, about 30 seconds later it showed one in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Monolake wrote: »
    Is there a way to prevent a controller from going to sleep when not in use? I'm using a racing wheel and am relying on the controller for my headphones. But it's going to sleep after 15 minutes. I recall this being an issue with the Xbox One years back but surely it's been sorted by now?

Really annoying when watching a film with Atmos or playing Rockband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

tcdd wrote: »
    Stock liffey valley be quick

Gone now

I got one of those. Had been refreshing regularly and saw 11 available there. As soon as I made my order I checked again so I could post here but all were already gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tcdd

McG wrote: »
    I got one of those. Had been refreshing regularly and saw 11 available there. As soon as I made my order I checked again so I could post here but all were already gone.

Got one two had 9 left when I posted less than a minute later gone

Felt fairly uncomfortable walking to the car with it after. It felt like I was carrying 100k cash in a clear bag

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

On a side note I would hate to be a gamestop manager when they open back up without promised consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Are the stock levels accurate? It's a tad suspicious how quickly they manage to be sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

Gary kk wrote: »
    On a side note I would hate to be a gamestop manager when they open back up without promised consoles.

They will bear the brunt of the radio silence. That has been the worst part. Customer care not replying to any queries and no matter which store you phone it redirects to head office customer care which rings out. Most of the anger would subside if people knew where they stood in a queue and a timeframe for when they might get a console. It's the uncertainty and lack of responsibility that is angering people. Especially those waiting on pre orders for Santa. How do you explain to an 7-12 year old if they don't get one? Gamestop have made a complete mess of it and I think that is the end of them with a lot of customers from here on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Monolake wrote: »

Use a USB type C cable for new controller or USB micro for older model. Controller will not sleep. The reason behind it sleeping is to save the batterys.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 2020Con2020

Smyths don’t have a Liffey valley store guys, are we talking about Argos? .

Looks like Argos stock has dried up? .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Smyths don’t have a Liffey valley store guys, are we talking about Argos? .

Looks like Argos stock has dried up? .

Smyths Fonthill I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stretch97

I got my Series X from Gamestop today. Ordered online as soon as I could in September and was told I wasn't in the launch day allocation until Wednesday they sent me the voucher and details to order it for delivery. Guess I'm the only lucky one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Monolake

Use a USB type C cable for new controller or USB micro for older model. Controller will not sleep. The reason behind it sleeping is to save the batterys.

Brilliant, thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Apocalypse Dude

Gary kk wrote: »

As someone who used to work there, can't say I'm surprised. The customer service department is a joke.

stretch97 wrote: »
    I got my Series X from Gamestop today. Ordered online as soon as I could in September and was told I wasn't in the launch day allocation until Wednesday they sent me the voucher and details to order it for delivery. Guess I'm the only lucky one

I got that on Wednesday as well but I don't need it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

For anyone interested, I picked up this charging dock for the new controllers. Works perfectly. Usb c cable is really long so you can position the charger a good bit away from the console if you want.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08K9WQ849/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_QUIUFbC3KN9VW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Seems to be out of stock now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Nedved85 wrote: »
    For anyone interested, I picked up this charging dock for the new controllers. Works perfectly. Usb c cable is really long so you can position the charger a good bit away from the console if you want.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08K9WQ849/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_QUIUFbC3KN9VW?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Seems to be out of stock now though.

What are these like though, they're only 850 mAh power. Would they not keep running out quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

Edited cos I'm a dope!!!!

barneyrub wrote: »
    Series S are reduced in most places today. Seems a bit sh*tty! €250 in Smyths

Must have plenty of stock that isn't selling

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

Think that is the xbox one S you are seeing, older model

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You're looking at the wrong console.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

Flip, yer right.....Just edited. They really should come up with different names for them lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

Always found it strange that the 1x was discontinued yet the 1s isn’t and still for sale in shops

Advertisement