Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Always found it strange that the 1x was discontinued yet the 1s isn’t and still for sale in shops

Yeah it's weird alright. I think they could re-position (and rename) the One S as their XCloud-streaming gamepass-box and discount it to 99eur in future. So you could still play the latest games (if you have good enough internet).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Must have plenty of stock that isn't selling

The Series S is totally out of stock everywhere along with it's big brother the Series X and the Microsoft Store will not even ship a Series S until the end of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭djan

The One S does have one fantastic niche feature of excellently working as a set top box into which you can directly connect your saorview antenna and then be able to war h and pause live TV etc. Granted few will use it but that couple with a 4k player and a pretty swift user interface makes it a good shout as a media box.

My parents are using my one s for that very reason at the moment and paired with an xbox TV remote than can control the TV sound and turns on the TV and xbox with one click makes for a very pleasant UX.

djan wrote: »
    The One X does have one fantastic niche feature of excellently working as a set top box into which you can directly connect your saorview antenna and then be able to war h and pause live TV etc. Granted few will use it but that couple with a 4k player and a pretty swift user interface makes it a good shout as a media box.

My parents are using my one s for that very reason at the moment and paired with an xbox TV remote than can control the TV sound and turns on the TV and xbox with one click makes for a very pleasant UX.
    If they kept the One X around it would have to be €200 and then the One S €100-150

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

If they kept the One X around it would have to be €200 and then the One S €100-150

The One X has a bad CPU giving choppy framerates for gaming.

The Series S has a better CPU and for 4k the Series X is the new top console.

With the new consoles out the One X only causes confusion with the Series X.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭djan

Sorry I meant the One S. The one X being gone makes complete sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Currently transferring games makes me realize I need a new hard drive, have a 2tb seagate. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

any idea if you can piggy back an old xbox one and use the drive for the new xbox s?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

Where would be the best place to get a Series X? I obviously don't mind waiting, there's no rush on it. Figured I may as well get one as I can use Game Pass Ultimate, and it will make single player games so much cheaper as unlike my PC I can buy them, play them, trade them back in for a good chunk back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Scalper banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭Treppen

djan wrote: »
    The One S does have one fantastic niche feature of excellently working as a set top box into which you can directly connect your saorview antenna and then be able to war h and pause live TV etc. Granted few will use it but that couple with a 4k player and a pretty swift user interface makes it a good shout as a media box.

Educate me here. You don't need any saorview box just an antenna!... Like a satellite dish!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    any idea if you can piggy back an old xbox one and use the drive for the new xbox s?

No but you can install non Xbox Series games on the One S and transfer them to a USB drive and then connect usb drive to new Series S console and transfer games to the SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

As my ps5 has gone missing with UPS

I picked up another game for my Series X at the weekend, yakuza like a dragon Never played a Yakuza game in my life and have no idea what to expect from it

However the videos have showed me it’s a turn based over the top JRPG that makes no sense so my kind of game ha

Has anyone here picked it up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

I can't understand how Gamestop have no stock (apparently) yet Smyths seem to have a conveyor belt of them for sale.

I'm also a frustrated person who pre-ordered from Gamestop and have no idea where I am in Q or when I'm going to get my xbox series x.

Quite tempted to give them this week and if nothing concrete then I'm following the Smyths notifications here.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

The Joycer wrote: »
    I can't understand how Gamestop have no stock (apparently) yet Smyths seem to have a conveyor belt of them for sale.

I'm also a frustrated person who pre-ordered from Gamestop and have no idea where I am in Q or when I'm going to get my xbox series x.

Quite tempted to give them this week and if nothing concrete then I'm following the Smyths notifications here.

Ditto but I've been refreshing the Smyths page for the last 5 or 6 days. Still no joy. Gamestop are laughable at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I've got a mail from Gamestop there saying they'll be sorting it before Christmas and to sit tight and wait for news from the shop for anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

hots wrote: »
    I've got a mail from Gamestop there saying they'll be sorting it before Christmas and to sit tight and wait for news from the shop for anything else.

That's nice of them wish they would tell those that won't have one for xmas. So they could source on else where.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

Yep just got that too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Anyone having issue with amazon prime video app on Xbox series x ? Won’t play anything properly .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

At least you got some sort of email from Gamestop. I got nothing. My preorder was places 11th of October. My guess is no xbox for me this year.

• Advertisement

I'm in Wave 2 "End of November". Not a peep from them since that initial email. I've contacted them numerous times and its got to the stage where I've been asking for a refund. It's not that I'm being impatient, its to do with the sh!t poor communication.

Well we're now officially in the last week of November so its time to deliver the goods, literally. Otherwise I'm walking into the store Dec 2nd and demanding a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

I'm in Wave 2 "End of November". Not a peep from them since that initial email. I've contacted them numerous times and its got to the stage where I've been asking for a refund. It's not that I'm being impatient, its to do with the sh!t poor communication.

Well we're now officially in the last week of November so its time to deliver the goods, literally. Otherwise I'm walking into the store Dec 2nd and demanding a refund.

They’ll probs email at the end of the week. Same as the launch units.

Calm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

in the 2nd wave myself like you and heard nothing. Fully paid off as well was launch day order. Hopefully with stores opening next week they will be given stock and then we can collect from store as would prefer that then waiting on delivery at this stage even tho I got the ps5 from them on the Friday so was happy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Yep just got that too

Can I ask if you had a previous email saying you were in wave 2 and would get sorted in November or the one saying you were in a queue and would be sorted asap?

I'm just wondering is this an update on wave 2 or wave 3! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭dines08

At least you got some sort of email from Gamestop. I got nothing. My preorder was places 11th of October. My guess is no xbox for me this year.

September 23rd and same boat. No contact

brady12 wrote: »
    Anyone having issue with amazon prime video app on Xbox series x ? Won’t play anything properly .

Fine here, what issues are you having?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

brady12 wrote: »

I had issues recently with Prime giving a HDMI error. It eventually resolved itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Basil3 wrote: »
    Fine here, what issues are you having?

Very jerky like anything I playing is literally moving as if Iv a quarter of mb of broadband .works fine on other devices will delete and reinstall and see

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

GameStop emailed me to say I am in the next batch for an xbox series X and I will have it before Dec 25th :) (I already have a series X so I will more than likely cancel this order)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Kimbot wrote: »
    GameStop emailed me to say I am in the next batch for an xbox series X and I will have it before Dec 25th :) (I already have a series X so I will more than likely cancel this order)

Same question as above! Did you have previous correspondence saying you were in wave 2? Or the more vague one saying you were in a virtual queue?

Advertisement