Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Why are people so obsessed with POWAAAAAR, show me one game that looks better than TLOU2, Horizon, God of War or Death Stranding that the X has, power is nothing if you can't use it right.

I'll be getting both but power is nothing, it's the games I'm here for and Xbox need a good kick up the arse and start making some good games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

I'll probably get the S. It's not the money, but I'm just a casual gamer and don't have a TV/monitor to make the most of the X. It suits me down to the ground that I can dip my toe in with the S and play whatever I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

GazzaL wrote: »
    I'll probably get the S. It's not the money, but I'm just a casual gamer and don't have a TV/monitor to make the most of the X. It suits me down to the ground that I can dip my toe in with the S and play whatever I want. €249 is a good price point.

It will probably be €300. I haven't been keeping up with the prices but if it was advertised at $249 then it will cost more here as they also have to pay taxes on top of the 250 over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Why are people so obsessed with POWAAAAAR, show me one game that looks better than TLOU2, Horizon, God of War or Death Stranding that the X has, power is nothing if you can't use it right.

I'll be getting both but power is nothing, it's the games I'm here for and Xbox need a good kick up the arse and start making some good games.

MS Flight Simulator

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It will probably be €300. I haven't been keeping up with the prices but if it was advertised at $249 then it will cost more here as they also have to pay taxes on top of the 250 over there.

It has been confirmed by Microsoft to be €299 in Ireland and £249 in the UK (€277 using Revolut).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

S might do the job for me

Have a 4k60hz monitor and a 1440p144hz monitor and the only game I will play on xbox will be Fifa.

Fifa in 1440p is OK with me

rizzla wrote: »
    If MS can make xCloud work flawlessly do you really need a series X? An xCloud app on the series S and your golden.

xbox app on a one S would do. I think xcloud is 720p, might be wrong though?

So 1440p with "up to" 120fps confirmed. I'd imagine this is similar to the one X and its 4k 60fps, as in not many games will be capable of both and you'll be given a choice between resolution and fps. Same with 4k and 120fps on the series X i'd imagine.

MS Flight Simulator

Had my first chat with an average Joe today where he said he was getting the new xbox. Why? Microsoft flight simulator. Its rhe first time in a long long time I've heard someone excited for an xbox game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I don't really agree to go "poop" on people who do want power. I would be the person who still plays Runescape, Factorio, They are billions and on top of that enjoyed so many indie games or just games, which did not looked that good, but had great game play.
    At the same time, there are games, that really really benefit from power and Eye Candy. I remember playing Division 1, which can be so atmospheric, and which in it could do 60fps with higher graphics as the game could be even more beautiful. Games like Forza benefit from more power too. Yes, its already great franchise, but don't look down on me, if I would have loved it 4k 60fps or 120fps 1440p or better quality lighting and textures, maybe actual wild life and moving trees and grass when wind blows ( Witcher 3 pops in my head ) etc.

TL:DR: Game does not need to visually rich to be fun, but at the same time a lot of games, benefit from extra power to make better experience or more immersive worlds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

MS Flight Simulator

Google Maps isn't a game. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I have the TV to take advantage of the full power of the Series X but I'm a casual enough gamer. I'll be holding off for a bit but when it's time to move from the One X, it'll be the Series X I go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Google Maps isn't a game. :P

Google Earth Pro? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

The S looks too much like a fan heater to go under my lovely telly 8)

My son saw the reveal video and asked was the big ugly vent a speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,923 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

525727.jpg

As Marge Simpson would say: I think it looks neat! :D

https://twitter.com/Xbox/status/1303371127482232834

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Personally think that looks great. I'll be getting a Series X for myself and a Series S for my son in his room. EDIT: oops I already posted this earlier in the thread. For those who were asking why I am buying both hope this clears it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

fifth wrote: »
    Personally think that looks great. I'll be getting a Series X for myself and a Series S for my son in his room. EDIT: oops I already posted this earlier in the thread. For those who were asking why I am buying both hope this clears it up!
    well good thing is you'll save money buying your games digitally because you be able to share your games with your son.Than buying the disc version of games and dont have to double dip plus Gamepass as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Xbox UK just posted and deleted a tweet saying the S was £249 and the X was £499.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Xbox UK just posted and deleted a tweet saying the S was £249 and the X was £499.

I'd imagine it'll be £449 if it's following the S $ to £ pricing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'd imagine it'll be £449 if it's following the S $ to £ pricing?

Up again at 449, currently €493 on Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

I see Smyths provide Xbox All Access in England. What's the chances of it being provided by the Irish stores or is there some other reason why they haven't up to now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

€500 :eek:

[/url]

I just paid more for a graphics card!!!

Again druss :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

€499 here then surely.

marcbrophy wrote: »

[/url]

Sorry! I'm having a busy day at work. :D

Now to see what Gamestop are saying. Or see if there will be an All Access option in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

Ireland isn't on the list of countries getting All Access for launch unfortunately

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/09/xbox-all-access-expands-to-12-countries-this-holiday/

Popple3 wrote: »
    Ireland isn't on the list of countries getting All Access for launch unfortunately

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/09/xbox-all-access-expands-to-12-countries-this-holiday/

That's a pity. I wouldn't mind moving my One X to the "study" and getting a Series X via Access.

If not, I'd be tempted into any trade in deals.

marcbrophy wrote: »

[/url]

I'm buying ba 3080 next week :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'm buying ba 3080 next week :pac:
    why not a Rtx 3070 abit more powerful than a Rtx 2080 Ti for €500.

There suppose be a Rtx 3080 super early next year with 20Gb memory.

Im gona wait till next year for getting a pc just can't decide to get RTx 3080 or RTx 3070.The Xbox series x will do until I decide next year.

Advertisement