Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Click and collect down on all items. Could be a glitch or getting ready for tomorrow. I thought C&C would be easier for them? No messing and arguing. Pay and collect.

7 in limerick, a lot of people by sleeping outside Smyths tonight 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Some popping up and disappearing...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah 9 in Cork now but C&C still not an option

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

So who's going to GameStop tomorrow to try get their preorder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 Braytek

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    So who's going to GameStop tomorrow to try get their preorder?

I am, got email saying will get it before Christmas, didn't get email other people got saying will get a call before 6th.

Very inconsistent it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Braytek wrote: »
    I am, got email saying will get it before Christmas, didn't get email other people got saying will get a call before 6th.

Very inconsistent it seems

Did you get the wave 2 email?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Fallonben

I didn't get a wave 2 email, I just got this response when I sent an enquiry to their customer service dept on 24th Nov.

Thank you for contacting GameStop Customer Service,

Unfortunately at this point in time we are unable to provide a date as to when future waves will be available, however we are hopeful that this will be before Christmas.

We hope to have more information available soon and we will be in contact with you directly regarding your console, this will include instructions on how to complete payment and an expected date for your order.

We appreciate your patience and will be back in touch soon.

Blanchy90 wrote: »

Did you get the wave 2 email?

I got this email attached

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

11 in swords

• Advertisement

Braytek wrote: »
    I got this email attached

To add people got emails saying contact before the 6th.... not sure if I am meant to get one or another one be sent later as part of different wave if calls

All. Gone now from Smyths. I assume people queued up and bought first come....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

All. Gone now from Smyths. I assume people queued up and bought first come....

Doubt it, theyre still exclusively C&C till 9AM tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭aoife365

Friend went to smyths in limerick when they had 7 available. As expected she couldn't go in to buy. She was told no C&C until Wednesday and that stores reopen tomorrow at 9am and that was her chance to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Meesared wrote: »
    Doubt it, theyre still exclusively C&C till 9AM tomorrow

Click and Collect is off all day.

SMC92Ian wrote: »

Yeah but theyre not allowed to do anything else either

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dazzlersaviola

So what’s the likelihood of potentially picking one up in Smyths tomorrow at 9am if I head down prior to store opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dazzlersaviola

SMC92Ian wrote: »

I just ordered for home delivery

I just ordered for home delivery
    Same! Hope that goes through

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Honestly folks, reading back through messages if want one that badly you're going have to sit at a computer and hit F5 every few minutes for the day. That's what I & a few others did. (Working from home, had a few tabs open.. I do have a life!)

Funnily, I turned email notifications on for this forum, got the heads up and got lucky through Argos. Think it was the day after launch.

I've said I'd check stock often since this thread helped me out, and I just haven't been lucky.

Check Argos Stock.ie is helpful too.

Anyway, ganertag is DM2092 if anyone fancies adding me. Best of luck to everyone trying to get one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭Goose81

DM_2092 wrote: »
    Honestly folks, reading back through messages if want one that badly you're going have to sit at a computer and hit F5 every few minutes for the day. That's what I & a few others did. (Working from home, had a few tabs open.. I do have a life!)

Funnily, I turned email notifications on for this forum, got the heads up and got lucky through Argos. Think it was the day after launch.

I've said I'd check stock often since this thread helped me out, and I just haven't been lucky.

Check Argos Stock.ie is helpful too.

Anyway, ganertag is DM2092 if anyone fancies adding me. Best of luck to everyone trying to get one.

Not really at all, they are plentiful if you are willing to actually go an check rather than rely on websites.

Message came up on here last Thursday saying Currys had stock, I went to Currys the following morning and bought an X and they had loads in stock.

You need to be proactive and actually go to shops rather than relying on online rubbish.

In the last month I have got a series s and a series X without wasting more than 10 mins of my time searching in either case just by reading this thread. If you can't get one you're lazy or thick tbh

Goose81 wrote: »
    Not really at all, they are plentiful if you are willing to actually go an check rather than rely on websites.

Message came up on her last Thursday saying Currys had stock, I went to Currys the following morning and bought an X and they had loads in stock.

You need to be proactive and actually go to shops rather than relying on online rubbish

Now that's something I didn't do. You're dead right, I just opted for the online route. Fair enough, if you go to the shops that's one way of doing it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭Goose81

DM_2092 wrote: »
    Now that's something I didn't do. You're dead right, I just opted for the online route. Fair enough, if you go to the shops that's one way of doing it too.

Hopefully you get one mate, honestly shops in person is the way to go

Hopefully you get one mate, honestly shops in person is the way to go

I got one! I think it was the day after launch, I can't remmeber. Thanks to a heads from someone in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

In the last month I have got a series s and a series X without wasting more than 10 mins of my time searching in either case just by reading this thread. If you can't get one you're lazy or thick tbh

That's a bit harsh, but it's funny :)

I definitely think there are a ton of S Xs out there and will be unleashed in December. You can get one while everyone is distracted by PLAYSTATION 5. I think Smyths is about to go crazy with them since shops are open tomorrow. They want to have pictures of people queuing outside shops just so they can get the TV shots of the madness. Creates more demand !!! It'll be on the RTE news !!!! Bets ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Message came up on here last Thursday saying Currys had stock, I went to Currys the following morning and bought an X and they had loads in stock.

You need to be proactive and actually go to shops rather than relying on online rubbish.

The bit in bold I cannot agree with lazy or thick?

Lazy and thick.:D

I too got an X from Currys thanks to this thread I got my arse up out of my chair jumped into the car and drove there.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,333 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Very cool. I like the ability to pre install games that are coming to games pass in the future aswell.
    Anyone managed to get Cyberpunk installed yet?

• Advertisement

ZiabR wrote: »
    Very cool. I like the ability to pre install games that are coming to games pass in the future aswell.
    Anyone managed to get Cyberpunk installed yet?

I just went to install it, and it only installed a 100MB file.

On a side note, I had to send my Cyberpunk One X back to MS yesterday. Video output completely died on it.

Advertisement