Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Basil3 wrote: »
    I just went to install it, and it only installed a 100MB file.

On a side note, I had to send my Cyberpunk One X back to MS yesterday. Video output completely died on it.

Ah no, must be a new enough console? The retimer chip is likely the cause and one that is easy to repair yourself if you have a heat gun and solder. You can buy the retimer chips online. But your console is likely within warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Yeah, the update went out on the X last night. They finally fixed the uploading to Xbox Live and sharing to Twitter issue.

ZiabR wrote: »
    Ah no, must be a new enough console? The retimer chip is likely the cause and one that is easy to repair yourself if you have a heat gun and solder. You can buy the retimer chips online. But your console is likely within warranty?

Yeah, all under warranty. Hopefully back next week. In the meantime, my Series X is being shared with one of my kids :o

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

GameStop swords have no stock in yet. They said wave 2 will be arriving this week and the consoles come in from head office with peoples names on them.

They'll call when they have yours in.

There may be some in today but it's being managed by head office

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    GameStop swords have no stock in yet. They said wave 2 will be arriving this week and the consoles come in from head office with peoples names on them.

nice one as have mine ordered there since launch day and I'm in wave 2. Hopefully by this time next week will have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sean Seoighe

I'm due back €50 store credit from Gamestop when I get my refund for cancelling my order as I traded in old Xbox. Think I'd like to get Cyberpunk and that's due to be out on Dec 10th - think Gamestop will have enough copies of this or best to preorder (or is that even possible)?

Blanchy90 wrote: »

I've been told they are getting a shipment in today for launch day orders (Wave 1). After that they will need to wait for a new shipment from Microsoft. They have no idea when that will be or if I will even be in the next shipment.

I'm Wave 2 and got the email to say my store will be in contact by 6th Dec to arrange collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 rootedhaggis

F.Y.I Hubby and I were passing Smyths Blanchardstown and decided to pop in and check when we would get a console and low and behold they actually have them. Despite ALL stores still showing as Out Of Stock. No playstation 5 though -we asked. So don't rely on their online stock info guys, just pop in. Couldn't believe it this morning (1 DEC 2020-Blanchardstown)

Good Luck and Happy (safe) Christmas x

Ann

Wonder is that the case in most Smyths. I dont really want to be driving around 2-3 smyths if they are not in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Nice update.

I have issues for ages now that game tralier videos freeze in the store.

Does anybody else have that?

I always that a messy interface as even the on screen control menus don't fit correctly ( play clocks are cropped)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

maximoose wrote: »

Jesus, standards are slipping here. I remember a time where an update to a post like this would always be accompanied with the following gif.

r_456399_iiZNG.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Braytek

Im confused by gamestop, they sent me an email on the 23rd of November saying "We can now confirm your ordered will be fulfilled by December 25th"

Other people got email last week saying will get a call by the 6th but I haven't got that

Nor did I get anything else, all very werid and not consistent. Anyone get the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Braytek wrote: »
    Im confused by gamestop, they sent me an email on the 23rd of November saying "We can now confirm your ordered will be fulfilled by December 25th"

Other people got email last week saying will get a call by the 6th but I haven't got that

Nor did I get anything else, all very werid and not consistent. Anyone get the same?

As far as I can tee anyone that got the email saying "by Dec 25" is the 3rd wave and anyone that was told they would hear by 6th Dec previously got an email saying they're in the second wave

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Braytek wrote: »

Haven't gotten anything from gamestop, since I got that email - you are not in first wave.
    With shops constantly getting stock everywhere, gamestop is really handling this thing badly.

At this point I am tired of hunting xbox, checking Argos and Smyths, already went to Currys twice just to be told " better luck next time". Just going to wait for whenever Gamestop will get finger out.

Haven't gotten anything from gamestop, since I got that email - you are not in first wave.
    With shops constantly getting stock everywhere, gamestop is really handling this thing badly.

At this point I am tired of hunting xbox, checking Argos and Smyths, already went to Currys twice just to be told " better luck next time". Just going to wait for whenever Gamestop will get finger out.
    To think some manager or a group of managers actually made the decision to close stores days before the release of a new generation of consoles is truly bizarre. And please nobody tell me they were looking after the safety of their staff.

Stores are now open and we are still none the wiser. I went in and there was a printed out list of orders that they are working through, my name was not on it.

I got the email saying they would be in touch by Dec 6th but the store are telling me I'm not on the list and they can't tell me when they will be getting more or if I'll even be part of the next batch.

Honestly if I were you I would keep looking elsewhere and forget about Gamestop. Can you order it on amazon or Microsoft direct and just wait until end Dec or jan? I'd be doing the same except I traded a lot of gear against it and I'd be getting store credit anyway. This is going to be my last Gamestop purchase ever. I know I'm late to the party on that one :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭markad1

Argos are showing Series x can be ordered and collected Sat 5th - Mon 7th - Swords

Edit - lot of stores showing can order

markad1 wrote: »
    Argos are showing Series x can be ordered and collected Sat 5th - Mon 7th - Swords

Looks like a mistake. The reservation number is not coming through for me. No text and email says thank you for your reservation but does not give a reservation number.

20201202-114059.jpg
    Feck yeah!!! Thanks to Gizabeer, who messaged me with code this morning for Argos. I had really low expectations, but they actually had it! Gizabeer, thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

markad1 wrote: »

It shows it’s available for collection but when you try and reserve or buy it just says out of stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Aw man this is annoying. It shows stock but they can’t be reserved anywhere I try.

Any time I try and reserve I get ‘ The following items were not purchased’

Looks like more Argos stock will be soon. I was told it wasn't until next week, but we'll see.

There is definitely some Series S stock floating around that wasn't claimed before they removed them from the Argos site. I was looking at it the night before they pulled it, and there was some stock around the country, then they just blocked off access to reserve any Xboxes.

Reserved one for collection 4th-7th but you only get an e-mail saying, thanks for reserving. No reservation code or text.
    Odd

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ZiabR wrote: »
    Reserved one for collection 4th-7th but you only get an e-mail saying, thanks for reserving. No reservation code or text.
    Odd

Pretty sure that's normal. You usually get an email and text with the reservation code when it is available for collection.

There was one in Dundrum Argos for a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

To think some manager or a group of managers actually made the decision to close stores days before the release of a new generation of consoles is truly bizarre. And please nobody tell me they were looking after the safety of their staff.

What the hell are you taking about, you think retail stores wanted to close. They were forced to close by the government. Only shops that were left open were shops on the government list to stay open as they sold certain items deemed viable for them to stay open. Everyone would have just got there consoles fine if there wasn't worldwide lockdown/ stock delays etc.

Well, setup my xbox, and downloading stuff. Only got Mafia downloaded so far. Waiting for more games to download.

First impressions of UI is great. Everything is finally fast and snappy. After years of pc gaming, loading screens and general sluggishness always grinded my gears when it comes to consoles. Mafia loaded up really fast. Was really impressed.

One thing that I really really don't like is a controller. It feels so cheap and so loud. Instantly connected my Elite controller.

Not sure what to do about my Astro A20 now. New xbox has no optical port. So can't really use it. Which is really shame as I love them. Was not planning on getting new headset.

Other positive: finally 5gz wireless is working! Could never get it to work on xbox one x.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Well, setup my xbox, and downloading stuff. Only got Mafia downloaded so far. Waiting for more games to download.

First impressions of UI is great. Everything is finally fast and snappy. After years of pc gaming, loading screens and general sluggishness always grinded my gears when it comes to consoles. Mafia loaded up really fast. Was really impressed.

One thing that I really really don't like is a controller. It feels so cheap and so loud. Instantly connected my Elite controller.

Not sure what to do about my Astro A20 now. New xbox has no optical port. So can't really use it. Which is really shame as I love them. Was not planning on getting new headset.

Other positive: finally 5gz wireless is working! Could never get it to work on xbox one x.

I thought Astro had you sorted?

https://blog.astrogaming.com/2020/09/xbox-series-x-and-playstation-5-compatibility/

I have a similar issue with my Turtle Beach 800x, but there was discussion earlier in thread about using the optical port on the tv. .

I plan to test that out. When (a) I get my Series X and (b) I get my new tv. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

druss wrote: »
    I thought Astro had you sorted?

https://blog.astrogaming.com/2020/09/xbox-series-x-and-playstation-5-compatibility/

I have a similar issue with my Turtle Beach 800x, but there was discussion earlier in thread about using the optical port on the tv. .

I plan to test that out. When (a) I get my Series X and (b) I get my new tv. :P

I thought A20s were usb audio though. A40s and A50s are optical

• Advertisement

Atlas_IRL wrote: »
    What the hell are you taking about, you think retail stores wanted to close. They were forced to close by the government. Only shops that were left open were shops on the government list to stay open as they sold certain items deemed viable for them to stay open. Everyone would have just got there consoles fine if there wasn't worldwide lockdown/ stock delays etc.
    No they weren't. They chose to keep a few stores open and close the rest. It was a Gamestop decision, nothing to do with the government. No other store closed. Argos, Smyths, Currys, Harvey Norman. All open, all selling consoles and ONLY selling consoles they actually had allocated to them.

As for everyone having their consoles if it weren't for the pandemic. That's not accurate, the pandemic hasn't stopped people getting their consoles with the exception of us who were stupid enough to order through Game Stop. I would have my console if they had delivered it to the store and kept it allocated to me until they reopened instead of giving them all to online orders.

Advertisement