Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭aoife365

I have a reservation number for xbox series x in Tralee Argos but needs to be collected by end of today. If anyone needs it, just PM me

Gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 39 DAN85

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You put your child in the boot :eek:

Yes, yes I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

Basil3 wrote: »
    Ah, look on the bright side. You just gave some random person €100 for walking into Tallaght Argos, buying a Series X and then selling it to CeX

That's your good deed done for the day. :D

😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jor-El

Basil3 wrote: »
    Ah, look on the bright side. You just gave some random person €100 for walking into Tallaght Argos, buying a Series X and then selling it to CeX

That's your good deed done for the day. :D

Or simply to person that really wanted an Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jlynam

Smyth's Claremorris have 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 mopsy06

Jlynam wrote: »
    Smyth's Claremorris have 1

Where did you see this? Every Smyths is out of stock online for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

mopsy06 wrote: »
    Where did you see this? Every Smyths is out of stock online for me

Blink and they're gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I know people here still trying to get consoles and I don't want to come out as a boasting dick, who has one now ( thanks to fellow boardsie!), but I have to say a few things about series X after I was able to download a few more games and spending some time with it.

First of all, for 500eu, you are getting some bang for the money when it comes to performance. Its really great. For example Fallout 76 is ass to play even on xbox one x, but on series X, its actually payable, looks beautiful and actually enjoyable! And God, loading times so short make playing games so much enjoyable. That reason alone is worth upgrading. Specially for people who are on the fence to get new console. Those who played or at least tried playing BF games on consoles will know what I am talking about.

All in all, I really love it so far. Definitely no regrets getting it.

Oh, and I was finally able to update my Astro A20 on pc, cheers to another boardsie with help and info, haven't tried on xbox yet, but pretty sure now it will work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Anyone with a code for Portlaoise or Tullamore they won't use I'd appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭roddney

I see CEX has them in stock if anyone is really stuck and doesn't mind paying €750. The odd one has come up on Amazon also for £800

https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=sxsx1tbb001&categoryName=xbox-series-consoles&superCatName=gaming&title=xbox-series-x-console-1tb-black-boxed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭dan786

roddney wrote: »
    I see CEX has them in stock if anyone is really stuck and doesn't mind paying €750. The odd one has come up on Amazon also for £800

https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=sxsx1tbb001&categoryName=xbox-series-consoles&superCatName=gaming&title=xbox-series-x-console-1tb-black-boxed

No one should pay that. There will be plenty of stock in the next week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mopsy06

woejus wrote: »
    X Box S reservation code here I don't need
    Argos Swords collection

First to PM gets it

Pm sent
    Sorry just realised it's the S and not the series X. Ran away with myself there:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ke1

Hi guys, Like most of Ireland im on the hunt for the xbox series x. Have paid to be in a queue with Gamestop since Sept and they told me today I wouldn't get one this side of Xmas. I'm gutted. I was trying my damnest to nab one for my partner. I am going delerious checking the usual websites. Have had so many in my baskets and they get removed before I get a chance to pay. Feeling deflated but does anyone realistically think there is a slight chance we might still get one before Xmas day or at least have a solid date of restocks.
    Any help would be seriously appreciated ðŸ™ðŸ™

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Ke1 wrote: »
    Hi guys, Like most of Ireland im on the hunt for the xbox series x. Have paid to be in a queue with Gamestop since Sept and they told me today I wouldn't get one this side of Xmas. I'm gutted. I was trying my damnest to nab one for my partner. I am going delerious checking the usual websites. Have had so many in my baskets and they get removed before I get a chance to pay. Feeling deflated but does anyone realistically think there is a slight chance we might still get one before Xmas day or at least have a solid date of restocks.
    Any help would be seriously appreciated ðŸ™ðŸ™

Smyths just did a load of pre orders for PS5 just now. I'd expect same for XBox before Xmas. Their servers couldn't keep up with demand. Makesure you have your account set up with payment details and are ready to go. You can check the PS5 thread on boards to see the kind of things you can do when things time out on the site to stay in the queue. But really it's luck at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    Smyths just did a load of pre orders for PS5 just now. I'd expect same for XBox before Xmas. Their servers couldn't keep up with demand. Makesure you have your account set up with payment details and are ready to go. You can check the PS5 thread on boards to see the kind of things you can do when things time out on the site to stay in the queue. But really it's luck at this stage.

They sure did, and seeing as I can't post on the PS forums

smyths-kid-ps5.png

I was told Argos are expecting a shipment of Series X's on the 11th. Not far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ke1

I did notice there that Smyths kept on crashing. It's the xbox I'm after but I will keep trying and trying. Seeing everyone on twitter apparently getting consoles is frickin disheartening. I'm using incognito tabs all the time if that helps at all and have accounts and payment details ready to go. Persistence is key I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Nov2006

Xbox S available to order in Curry’s online now - update Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alan10

Mod – delete if not allowed.

Where is it appropriate to post on boards the topic “looking to swap Xbox series X for PS5 disc”,
    Not allowed on Adverts … is it only ebay etc…
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

I know people here still trying to get consoles and I don't want to come out as a boasting dick, who has one now ( thanks to fellow boardsie!), but I have to say a few things about series X after I was able to download a few more games and spending some time with it.

First of all, for 500eu, you are getting some bang for the money when it comes to performance. Its really great. For example Fallout 76 is ass to play even on xbox one x, but on series X, its actually payable, looks beautiful and actually enjoyable! And God, loading times so short make playing games so much enjoyable. That reason alone is worth upgrading. Specially for people who are on the fence to get new console. Those who played or at least tried playing BF games on consoles will know what I am talking about.

All in all, I really love it so far. Definitely no regrets getting it.

Oh, and I was finally able to update my Astro A20 on pc, cheers to another boardsie with help and info, haven't tried on xbox yet, but pretty sure now it will work!

I agree. I had a PS4 in the past, but had the 360 before. Been a blast delving into all my old fave games like Halo, Gears etc. I spend a ridiculous amount of time on the machine too, especially when I'm supposed to be working form home. (I multi task!)

Glad I bought it. And it's still just the beginning. I'll get years out of it which is a huge plus. The experience is made a whole lot better with a headset and big plus one for Dolby Atoms.

I like the communities aspect of it, seems very social. Game pass is amazing. Few beers tonight and a shot on the Xbox is on the cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jor-El

10 Series X in Nass Smyths On-line, and 3 in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 drandyt

Jor-El wrote: »
    10 Series X in Nass Smyths On-line
    Got one just waiting on collection email :)

drandyt wrote: »
    Got one just waiting on collection email :)

Missed it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

stock in dublin carrigmines

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭matwijow

Smyths in Carrickmines - 10

Gone

stock in dublin carrigmines

Got one in Carrigmines :)

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

Just got one click & collect in smyths Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Go offline and miss it :(

Back to refreshing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Got 1 in smyths also :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Have to say, as frustrating as it is missing out on, i love seeing people getting sorted as i realise how stressful it is now!

Advertisement