Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Basil3 wrote: »
    With loads of Series S's about at the moment, I'm trying to decide whether it's worth trading up a One X for a Series S for one of my kids. Has anyone gone from One X to Series S? He only really plays Fortnite and Roblox, so I reckon the only real benefit he'll see is the improved loading times.

As a free swap I'd maybe consider it but losing the disk drive and storage space seems like a proper downgrade for how ours is used. I suspect such an "upgrade" would not be free though so no dice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Just been called by GameStop, picking up my Series X tomorrow.

Got my call too. The manufacturing lines are rolling again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Has anyone bought a floating grip for their Xbox series X?

Just wondering how they’re getting on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

A few series s's available in Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Six Series X in Navan Smyths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

Some in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Plenty of series s on smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Blessed to get one from Galway. I went on for a browse chancing my arm and ten were available, got one, sent the link to my mate and he had it in the basket and he didn't manage to get his. Literally gone in 2-3 minutes flat.

Can't collect it now though, says I have to wait a few days, which I'll happily do.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Homelander

I got one in Galway as well. Was lounging around earlier refreshing for a bit and nothing, literally happened to click on the site for the first time in hours a while ago and there were 10. After my order went through it still said 5, then 2, then gone a minute later.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭insert name here 123

Hi, can I ask peoples opinions on this.

I had one in local Smyths. Arrived at store. Told mistake all gone. Verbally promised one by manager next week.

Told to just leave my email and money will be taken etc..

Received an email late last night cancelling the order.

Where would I stand regards this? Is simply complaining to Smyths themselves going to be my only option? Has anyone had similar experience?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anyone get an email from Microsoft regarding the Xbox Series X warranty, well all products warranty, for Ireland?

Despite EU members normally getting two years on all/most electronic products, Ireland gets one from Microsoft.

Bit of a mad one

According to the two emails I received, all EU members get two years on the Series X except Ireland and the UK.

In the same email they said Ireland, UK and Israel despite the obvious fact that UK and Israel aren't even in the EU.

Bit of a two fingers to Irish consumers though and a very strange policy they seem to not want to move from.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 2020Con2020

10 in smyths cork

Still 3 left, cork kinsale road smyths

Update, all gone

Hi, can I ask peoples opinions on this.

I had one in local Smyths. Arrived at store. Told mistake all gone. Verbally promised one by manager next week.

Told to just leave my email and money will be taken etc..

Received an email late last night cancelling the order.

Where would I stand regards this? Is simply complaining to Smyths themselves going to be my only option? Has anyone had similar experience?

Unless you desperately need one right now, I wouldn't worry about it. It will be easy enough to get another one sometime soon.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Unless you desperately need one right now, I wouldn't worry about it. It will be easy enough to get another one sometime soon.

Was more the principle of it, could've been the ps5, but yes I'll leave it and sure more will become available I'm sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cocobeanie

Dublin Fonthill just sold ten there within about 2 mins. Sold out before I could check out... the frustration!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭David6330

Are there automated scripts being used to monitor the smyths site that then snap up the stock?? It's madness how each 10-15 unit batch go within a space of 5 mins.

David6330 wrote: »
    Are there automated scripts being used to monitor the smyths site that then snap up the stock?? It's madness how each 10-15 unit batch go within a space of 5 mins.

The fact you can make 100e on the series X with cex makes it appealing to staff and to punters.

If say you're right though, seems like a bot is snapping them up!

3 in Fonthill

• Advertisement

All gone

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭MvsC3

The fact you can make 100e on the series X with cex makes it appealing to staff and to punters.

If say you're right though, seems like a bot is snapping them up!

Is this true about CEX? Then your absolutely right, I managed to get one in smyths today after weeks of looking, but if I had no interest in keeping the console, this would be an easy €100 just to deliver if from smyths to Cex, there only encouraging scalping...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cocobeanie

Keep an eye on the website... I just kept refreshing there and one came back up on Smyths Fonthill and I got it. Delighted! I read somewhere that people weren't seeing them available when refreshing on their phone. This is the first time I have tried on the laptop and first time I have seen any available anywhere. Also worth having bank details etc ready to go. Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

Sorry but are gamestop to contact everyone buy tomorrow regardless of which wave or is it just people in wave 2 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Gary kk wrote: »
    Sorry but are gamestop to contact everyone buy tomorrow regardless of which wave or is it just people in wave 2 ?

Just wave 2. Picked mine up an hour ago, and my brothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Gary kk wrote: »

The email mentioning 6 December was directed to those in wave 2.

Series X is still being set up in next room. Downloads are really slow, for whatever reason. I've switched to a direct connection from wifi, but not much better.

I ordered a new tv and soundbar over Black Friday sales and can't wait to get everything firing together!

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Gary kk

Just wave 2. Picked mine up an hour ago, and my brothers.

Cheers I wasn't sure.

Cocobeanie wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the website... I just kept refreshing there and one came back up on Smyths Fonthill and I got it. Delighted! I read somewhere that people weren't seeing them available when refreshing on their phone. This is the first time I have tried on the laptop and first time I have seen any available anywhere. Also worth having bank details etc ready to go. Good luck everyone!

Do you have to pay on-line, or is it like Argos, receive your reservation code and pay when you collect?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Plascebo wrote: »
    Do you have to pay on-line, or is it like Argos, receive your reservation code and pay when you collect?
    Thanks

Smyths is your best bet. Have account and payment details + preferred store set up then refresh regularly and check here regularly too. Money is taken when you collect.

• Advertisement

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    Smyths is your best bet. Have account and payment details + preferred store set up then refresh regularly and check here regularly too. Money is taken when you collect.

Cheers, have made an account with them but did not put in any payment details as I didn't think it necessary as you pay when you collect?

Advertisement