Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

druss wrote: »
    That's a pity. I wouldn't mind moving my One X to the "study" and getting a Series X via Access.

If not, I'd be tempted into any trade in deals.
    There no Access in Ireland unless your living in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

After seeing the price of the Series X, I'd be surprised if I buy it within the first 3 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Ea Play is getting added for free to Gamepass!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rob808 wrote: »
    why not a Rtx 3070 abit more powerful than a Rtx 2080 Ti for €500.

There suppose be a Rtx 3080 super early next year with 20Gb memory.

Im gona wait till next year for getting a pc just can't decide to get RTx 3080 or RTx 3070.The Xbox series x will do until I decide next year.

Because bi want a 3080 :pac:

Faster GDDR6X memory in the 3080 compared to the 3070 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just trying to read up on all this information hitting now.

So ea access is apart (or will be apart) of Xbox game pass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Correct, and no extra cost

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yes. Great for parents who's kids are big into FIFA.

yea we get ea access with gamepass

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Think I'll stick a Series S under the tv for smaller gamepass titles and indie games and upgrade my GPU for the bigger 1st party microsoft releases. Pretty good pricing by microsoft. The X is a beefy machne for 500 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Popple3 wrote: »
    Ireland isn't on the list of countries getting All Access for launch unfortunately

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/09/xbox-all-access-expands-to-12-countries-this-holiday/

Shame that, especially with Smyths doing it in the UK. Turns the Series X in a day-one no brainer to a wait and see for me. €500 is still a lot of money when I already have a One X.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

rob808 wrote: »
    There no Access in Ireland unless your living in the UK.

And even if you're living in the UK, there's still no Access in Ireland :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Haven't been keeping up too much with the next gen consoles really. Is it generally accepted that the Series X will be more powerful than the PS5 but the PS5 will have the exclusives? That's the sense I'm getting at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Haven't been keeping up too much with the next gen consoles really. Is it generally accepted that the Series X will be more powerful than the PS5 but the PS5 will have the exclusives? That's the sense I'm getting at least.

yup

its exclusives vs game pass really. Exclusives most peoples priority it seems, that and the fact they probably already have a ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

its the assumption yep, so far horizon sequel, demon souls remake and a spiderman 1.5

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

Shame that, especially with Smyths doing it in the UK. Turns the Series X in a day-one no brainer to a wait and see for me. €500 is still a lot of money when I already have a One X.

I guess the hitch there is that Klarna is doing the actual financing, which doesn't operate in Ireland. I'd imagine MS/Smyths would need to team up with a financing company that operates in Ireland, like Flexi-Fi, to make All Access happen here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Gears Tactics is now a launch title

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

DeSelby83 wrote: »

jaysus, theres more news today that there was in the last 6 months.

I guess the hitch there is that Klarna is doing the actual financing, which doesn't operate in Ireland. I'd imagine MS/Smyths would need to team up with a financing company that operates in Ireland, like Flexi-Fi, to make All Access happen here.
    yea smythtoys and game uk have a financial company doing the all Acess.It won't happen in Ireland but then again you could get off harvey Norman or littlewood.

They let you pay it off monthly but I would rather save money than do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

DeSelby83 wrote: »

That's a very decent game to have as a launch title. If they could get flight simulator ported over by launch that would be great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭mossie

Was going for all access to make it more affordable, will just have to see what trade in offers are like

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

mossie wrote: »
    Was going for all access to make it more affordable, will just have to see what trade in offers are like

I presume you can just use fexify or the like here anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

mossie wrote: »

If you get more than 150 quid for a trade in on the One X I'd be shocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Popple3

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I presume you can just use fexify or the like here anyway?

Yeah, but All Access is 0% finance with no account or set up fees from what I can tell. In fact, it actually works out cheaper than buying the console outright and paying for 24 months of Game Pass Ultimate (if you ignore the €/$/£1 first month offer).

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,284 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, but All Access is 0% finance with no account or set up fees from what I can tell. In fact, it actually works out cheaper than buying the console outright and paying for 24 months of Game Pass Ultimate (if you ignore the €/$/£1 first month offer).

Ah right, that's some deal in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

It's a good read on the market. Since the original One and PS4 released a lot more people have become accustomed to paying for phones/Netflix etc.. as part of a monthly recurring bill. People spending 60 quid a month for two years for the latest phone has become a lot more commonplace. Getting consumers used to a monthly recurring cost helps keep them in Game Pass and stops the churn.

I was going to look at trading in the One X as soon as possible but looking at CEX right now, it's going for 192 cash. The trade-in deals won't be great for these, especially with the S being priced so low.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It's a good read on the market. Since the original One and PS4 released a lot more people have become accustomed to paying for phones/Netflix etc.. as part of a monthly recurring bill. People spending 60 quid a month for two years for the latest phone has become a lot more commonplace. Getting consumers used to a monthly recurring cost helps keep them in Game Pass and stops the churn.

I was going to look at trading in the One X as soon as possible but looking at CEX right now, it's going for 192 cash. The trade-in deals won't be great for these, especially with the S being priced so low.

192 cash isnt bad, considering they were going for about 250 not too long ago, 110 euros with that and you've come up a generation and have a fully warrantied console. Dunno how much better you'd expect to do tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

192 cash isnt bad, considering they were going for about 250 not too long ago, 110 euros with that and you've come up a generation and have a fully warrantied console. Dunno how much better you'd expect to do tbh.

GameStop are currently giving €220 trade on the Xbox One X, boosted up to €231 on Level 1/2, €243 on Level 3 and €254 on Level 4.

Depending on your GS membership you could get a Series S for as little as €46 with a One X trade in.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

I'd reckon the pricing will continue downward for a bit after these announcements. I'd rather not trade in the Xbox until I have a new one to replace it since I have been getting great use out of it lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,482 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

GameStop are currently giving €220 trade on the Xbox One X, boosted up to €231 on Level 1/2, €243 on Level 3 and €254 on Level 4.

Depending on your GS membership you could get a Series S for as little as €46 with a One X trade in.

Where are you seeing this and can I pre-register?

I'm level 3 so €243 seems decent enough. Major upgrade for €256 is pretty tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

That EA Play news is great. I love what Microsoft are doing with their subscription models. It's a big plus for them in the battle against Sony.

Any mention of preorder offers / bundles from retailers yet?

Advertisement