Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Looks like Halo isn't out until late next year. Fall 2021 is what they are saying.

Better to delay it than release a messy game that devalues the franchise.

Sounds like they've gone back to the drawing board.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

murpho999 wrote: »

Absolutely, seems like the launch window was never realistic if it's almost delayed a year. But probably the best thing to do for the franchise. I'm sure they will run a multiplayer beta in the summer to start ramping up interest.

Slightly related but does anyone know what the most populated halo multiplayer game is these days?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

murpho999 wrote: »

Not quite back that far, sounds like they're just finishing graphics. Mad that they'd release a video in that state though.

Your man Alex from Digital Foundry released a video that broke down what was wrong with the graphics, for which he got tons of stick from fanboys, and now the 343 post basically confirms that he was correct in almost all of his speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Absolutely, seems like the launch window was never realistic if it's almost delayed a year. But probably the best thing to do for the franchise. I'm sure they will run a multiplayer beta in the summer to start ramping up interest.

Slightly related but does anyone know what the most populated halo multiplayer game is these days?

5 plays the best in my opinion, but MCC has all the others combined.

I found Halo 5 easier though. The MCC players were a tad too good for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Ok so... anyone know if lego dimensions will work on the series x??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

madalig12 wrote: »

Should do, just connect the base to the console.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭panevthe3rd

madalig12 wrote: »

It does. My kids play it all the time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Looks like Forza Horizon 5 might be announced tonight at the Game Awards. There was a rumour recently that it's actually quite close to completion, and that we might see it next year.

MS posted an update with some news, the biggest news being Cloud Gaming coming to iOS and PC next spring.

Some of the other stats are also interesting though, year on year, game pass monthly engagement more than doubled, while 40% of players joining Game Pass for the first time were on the Series S. Seems like people are actually into it as a Game Pass box.

See here

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

CatInABox wrote: »
    MS posted an update with some news, the biggest news being Cloud Gaming coming to iOS and PC next spring.

Some of the other stats are also interesting though, year on year, game pass monthly engagement more than doubled, while 40% of players joining Game Pass for the first time were on the Series S. Seems like people are actually into it as a Game Pass box.

See here

40% of new Xbox Users in November are on Series S rather than specifically discussing Game Pass numbers, which is still pretty great all things considered.

The other 60% of first time Xbox users would mainly be Series X (with some older Xbox models making up a small portion I'd imagine).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

Looks like Forza Horizon 5 might be announced tonight at the Game Awards. There was a rumour recently that it's actually quite close to completion, and that we might see it next year.

Are the game awards not tomorrow, thought it was the 10th, or am I mistaken?

dor83 wrote: »
    Are the game awards not tomorrow, thought it was the 10th, or am I mistaken?

Lol, it's the pandemic, like I know what date it is :pac:

Also, it looks like Forza Horizon 5 won't be announced anyway, they're really knocking the hype down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Lol, it's the pandemic, like I know what date it is :pac:

Also, it looks like Forza Horizon 5 won't be announced anyway, they're really knocking the hype down.

Phew, cause I'm just getting into 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm currently playing Batman Arkham Knight and it's really annoying and I mean really annoying when you die and you have to watch and listen to some guy rubbing it in that you just died.

Oh nice, I'm in the preview program and the latest alpha skip has a fix for Quick Resume not working. Hopefully they can push it live to everyone this month, when QR works it's a total game changer.

Regarding that stupid video when you die you still have to wait for the game to load after watching it. Why not load the game while you watch that stupid video.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Anyone else on the X keep hitting the Share button by mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I'm currently playing Batman Arkham Knight and it's really annoying and I mean really annoying when you die and you have to watch and listen to some guy rubbing it in that you just died.
    For me, yeah it could be annoying but I found some of Mark Hammil's Joker lines when you died were quite funny (the first few times I heard them at least... Not that I died that often to hear them many times, you understand)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I started playing my first game on the Series X this morning which is Cyberpunk 2077.

I'm very impressed with the console, it was quiet all the time and loading times were fast. I'm very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I started playing my first game on the Series X this morning which is Cyberpunk 2077.

I'm very impressed with the console, it was quiet all the time and loading times were fast. I'm very happy with it.

Just how buggy is Cyberpunk?:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

hots wrote: »
    Apart from one graphical glitch, it runs very well. No freezing or locking up either so so far so good.

Still waiting in sunny Buenos Aires for my key for Cyberpunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

hots wrote: »

Considering how buggy Bethesda **** is and how awful and buggy stuff like Fallout 76 is even right now, Cyberpunk in comparison is perfect.

Got only 3h of playing yesterday, but it runs really well on series X. Had no major or even medium bugs. Just random non story npcs can ge a bit derp, but with amount of npcs in the world, thats fair enough in my books.

There will be always people who will try to break game or look for bugs, so they can rant about it online. For me personally, considering how games come out these days, its pretty decent.

The other thing is, cyberpunk almost getting Duke Nuken forever vibe. It was so long in development, that people expect some sort of unicorn and no matter how good the game will be, people will moan: "Ah, sure, you had so much time to make, it should have been better."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

DM_2092 wrote: »

Think i saw an option that you can map it to something else.. perhaps you can map it to do nothing for a short press and share for a long press

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

I ordered cyberpunk so long ago, went to smythhs to collect it there and turns out i ordered it for my ps5 which is now a series s.

Smrt.

atr2002 wrote: »
    I ordered cyberpunk so long ago, went to smythhs to collect it there and turns out i ordered it for my ps5 which is now a series s.

Smrt.

Some cheap Argentinian keys floating about if you are travelling.

Eneba having issues with keys not being sent atm. Giving everyone who didn't receive a key before 10am UTC a discount code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

DM_2092 wrote: »

I have done, but it was mainly the young fella doing this constantly yesterday that did my head in.

I'm supposedly studying for exams at the moment and my phone kept pinging to show me some fab screen shot which I'd apparently taken in Roblox or Minecraft.

I haven't been able to touch the Xbox, so I really appreciated the distraction and the reminder of what I'm missing! And that he's still using the Series X for stuff he could play on a crappy mobile phone...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Good to hear that Cyberpunk works well. I'm going to try and avoid spoilers until the Series X-enhanced versions is available and play it then.

Good to hear that Cyberpunk works well. I'm going to try and avoid spoilers until the Series X-enhanced versions is available and play it then.

I'm the same. I'm going to wait for the series X enhanced version is released and then play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

do you expect to be congratulated for dying in a game :pac:

Advertisement