Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

do you expect to be congratulated for dying in a game :pac:

No I expect to load straight back to the game. That's generally the way games work....

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

could be worse you could have to start all over again like the olden days

For me, yeah it could be annoying but I found some of Mark Hammil's Joker lines when you died were quite funny (the first few times I heard them at least... Not that I died that often to hear them many times, you understand)

I'm dying a fair bit due to not enjoying the game. Since I started it I may as well finish it. I don't like not finishing games.

I just finished Watch dogs 2 for the second time and I loved every minute if it. I put 40 hours into that game and I done everything collected more research points than you can even use(as in I have excess). Some people just like a game others don't. I remember in the Watch Dogs 2 thread some guy couldn't get into WD 2. I told him it was brilliant but he didn't like it must be the same way I don't like Batman Arkham Knight.

I haven't used my Series X at all today and put my hand over the top of it and cold air was coming out so put my ear down and the fan is spinning. It's not loud or anything but the thing is running without me even pressing it on. Weird.

I flick off the switch on the socket every night so wasn't still in a state from yesterday when I was playing it.

So it seems once it has power it will run with the fan on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Could be updating you games/console in the background maybe? :)

• Advertisement

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Could be updating you games/console in the background maybe? :)

No because I use my phone to update games as I live in the sticks with really slow internet and I was downloading a bit of a game last night before I went to bed and my hotspot has been off all day today. It's a weird one though how it is running when i never turned it on. Must be why it boots up so quick. I never even see the Xbox logo as I turn it on and then turn on my Tv and straight into dash board.

My One X you would be sitting there waiting for the damn thing to turn on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Weird one alright, you'd imagine it would not be doing anything much in standby. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

Yeah, the Xbox keeps going in standby mode. It's rather quiet unless you start to download a game. But even then ita still not that loud, like I download a game from my phone in bed and the xbox across the room just makes a little noise. Doesn't affect sleep or anything.

I notice that the heat is hot when playing COD Cold War, nothing else.

DM_2092 wrote: »
    Yeah, the Xbox keeps going in standby mode. It's rather quiet unless you start to download a game. But even then ita still not that loud, like I download a game from my phone in bed and the xbox across the room just makes a little noise. Doesn't affect sleep or anything.

I notice that the heat is hot when playing COD Cold War, nothing else.

Mine hasn't got hot yet only a slight bit of warm air comes out though I have not played a series X enhanced game yet. I'm sure if I play a demanding game it will get hot.

Mine hasn't got hot yet only a slight bit of warm air comes out though I have not played a series X enhanced game yet. I'm sure if I play a demanding game it will get hot.

There's plenty of warm air coming out of mine, enough to heat the room which is a welcome bonus in the winter 😀

Same with the kids Series S. They are on it a lot more and you really feel the heat in the room. And it even looks like a blow heater too 1😀

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Perfect Dark -> Pah, more FPS dystopian, zombie whatever. I need to get away from real life :)
    Also, how many of these do we really need ?
    Is there a special chip in XBoxes for FPS shooter ?
    They seem to churn out on the platform.

Really, the big deal here is MS Flight Simulator on Series X next year.
    This is XBox's killer app and no mistake.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    Perfect Dark -> Pah, more FPS dystopian, zombie whatever. I need to get away from real life :)
    Also, how many of these do we really need ?
    Is there a special chip in XBoxes for FPS shooter ?
    They seem to churn out on the platform.

Really, the big deal here is MS Flight Simulator on Series X next year.
    This is XBox's killer app and no mistake.

Yeah, that was the only trailer from those silly game awards that I saw this morning. Cyberpunk cars in FH4 was the other one.

I'm continually disappointed that they do nothing with their many IPs in their back catalogue. Crimson Skies would be an absolute gem these days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

More importantly, Yakuza 3-6 all coming to gamepass on both Xbox and PC.

Picked up a new play and charge kit earlier, the old one has been on the go since the One's launch. Disappointing the cable doesn't have a led charge indicator like the old one does. It's plenty long though at 2.7 meters.

Picked up a new play and charge kit earlier, the old one has been on the go since the One's launch. Disappointing the cable doesn't have a led charge indicator like the old one does. It's plenty long though at 2.7 meters.

I never used a play and charge kit since the 360. Now I sit so close to the Xbox I just go with it wired at all times.

Regarding the no LED indicator, maybe the Xbox tells you how much charge the controller has. I'm just guessing as I don't have the kit and no charge LED is a strange one unless of course the Xbox tells you.

Late adopter here. Forza Motorsport 7 and GTA5 first time ever and on that silent fast super smooth S X no less. Brilliant.

Hey_Listen wrote: »
    Late adopter here. Forza Motorsport 7 and GTA5 first time ever and on that silent fast super smooth S X no less. Brilliant.

GTA V is such a good game.

Is anyone else already juggling space on their Series X? When I installed Cyberpunk I had to make the decision on what to remove.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Basil3 wrote: »
    Is anyone else already juggling space on their Series X? When I installed Cyberpunk I had to make the decision on what to remove.

Yah i had to buy one of the hard drives, its to be expected though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭atr2002

Remove cyberpunk :D

I'm waiting for another few patches before playing that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

GTA V is such a good game.

IV for me. There is nothing more relaxing than going bowling with cousin Roman.

atr2002 wrote: »
    Remove cyberpunk :D

I'm waiting for another few patches before playing that

I'm waiting for the actual next gen patch before getting, and maybe even a patch or two further, depending on the quality of it.

CatInABox wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the actual next gen patch before getting, and maybe even a patch or two further, depending on the quality of it.

Yep, get CP 2077 in 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Not juggling yet, but after installing few games, it really went low. And I would not class myself as hoarder, who needs to install every single game they own. I usually have only games I play and leave space for whatever game pass game comes up that I want to try.
    Definitely will get away for a year without expansion, but there will be Definitely a purchase of extra ssd expansion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Gigabit FTTH means i'll never have to worry about running out of space :D

Deleting games isn't a big deal when you can download them again in a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Deleting games isn't a big deal when you can download them again in a few minutes.

Show off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I also have Gigabit, but I haven't got the Series X wired yet and it's wifi performance is considerable weaker for me than the One X. It will need some tweaking and hopefully I will be able to directly connect it soon, but I wouldn't be able to impulsively able to swap between my games library and that was easier on my One X.

Did spotify always play in the background when you launched something else like a game or app? Maybe I just never did that while I had spotify running on the older console.

• Advertisement

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    IV for me. There is nothing more relaxing than going bowling with cousin Roman.

It would be an amazing game with GTA V (PC) graphics or even Series X graphics.

Advertisement