Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Can someone tell me Is there any difference in where I plug my external drive into on the series S please as it seems to work ok on the front and back but not sure what the difference is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Can someone tell me Is there any difference in where I plug my external drive into on the series S please as it seems to work ok on the front and back but not sure what the difference is.

I'm not sure if there is a difference but I know on the 360 and the one the back was where they worked best.

Just plug it in the back as that's the way it always was and use the front for a controller.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Happy New Year everyone! Can't be as bad as the last one, right? Right????

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

CatInABox wrote: »

Now you've done it. That's 2021 a mess now :pac:

I don't know my dog just nearly bit my nail off my finger. pretty sore and numb at the same time. Can't even grip a controller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

I'm not sure if there is a difference but I know on the 360 and the one the back was where they worked best.

Just plug it in the back as that's the way it always was and use the front for a controller.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭nextgengamer

Well there is finally an Xbox with no eXcuses. Roll on those AAA eXclusives and let's see what this thing can really do.

Plus, less pandemic and divisions would be much appreciated too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,350 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I don't know my dog just nearly bit my nail off my finger. pretty sore and numb at the same time. Can't even grip a controller.

That sucks, had that happen to me before, my thumb turned black for a couple of days.

Technically, it wasn't 2021 at the time, so 2020 still at fault. Also, still a good dog.

Well there is finally an Xbox with no eXcuses. Roll on those AAA eXclusives and let's see what this thing can really do.

Jesus, that's eXcruciating :rolleyes:

Jesus, that's eXcruciating :rolleyes:

:):):)

eXactly. Over eXcited. I'm ok now ... I think :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Hi All,

So i have a family acc on xbox and have two kids on it. The eldest recently turned 18 and i got him a Series X.. So he wants to now leave the family group and have a solo account to which he will fund online pass etc.. I know how to remove him from the family but my questions is this.

1. When he sings in again any games downloaded on his child account will they follow him to the adult account?

2. Will games saves etc follow over?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭Goose81

Anyone elses Xbox glitchy as hell, I have an X and my mate has an S. Exactly the same thing happens on both, games won't load after multiple attempts.

Seems to me the quick resume is to blame, I end up fully shutting my console off and plugging it out and seems to be the only way to fix it. I think they are going to end up releasing a patch to limit the amount of games quick resume works on at the same time.

Never seen anything like the glitches these things throwing up and this isn't one console this is on 2

Goose81 wrote: »
    Anyone elses Xbox glitchy as hell, I have an X and my mate has an S. Exactly the same thing happens on both, games won't load after multiple attempts.

Seems to me the quick resume is to blame, I end up fully shutting my console off and plugging it out and seems to be the only way to fix it. I think they are going to end up releasing a patch to limit the amount of games quick resume works on at the same time.

Never seen anything like the glitches these things throwing up and this isn't one console this is on 2

Me and another guy were talking about this on here. But I never have to unplug or switch off the Xbox. It's just you click A to start a game and the splash screen of the game comes on for a second or two and then switches back to dashboard but I click A again and the game loads as normal. But as I said I never had to unplug the Xbox or anything but it never happened with my previous Xbox's and I've owned each one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

I've had one instance of a game just quitting and dumping me back to the home screen (FH4) and it quick resumed back to a couple of minutes prior when i restarted the game.

A lot of issues people seem to encounter are linked to quick resume it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Depends on the game. Assassins Creed Unity, which looks good and performs well on the series X, needs to be restarted about 3 times to get it going. Even if you properly quit the game before powering off the day before. No such issues with Wolfenstein 2 for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Depends on the game. Assassins Creed Unity, which looks good and performs well on the series X, needs to be restarted about 3 times to get it going. Even if you properly quit the game before powering off the day before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭Goose81

We are playing FIFA 20 and McIlroy golf from 2015 lads, these aren't modern games.

Maybe that has something to do with it. .

He also plays the old GTA and I play watchdog's but other than that they are the only games we play

Still love the console and it doesn't affect me massively but it is annoying.

Actually I also finished one of the last watchdog's missions last week and after a 40 minute mission it froze and turned off and restarted, that was so annoying and the worst thing I have encountered

Had to restart the whole mission and oddly half of it was completed from previous

There's a Quick Resume fix in preview right now, as far as I know, nothing major was discovered over the Christmas/New Year period, so I'd expect it to roll out to everyone in the next couple of weeks.

Do MS put controllers on sale often ?

Would like a shock blue one. It's 59 quid on the MS store which seems.to be the cheapest (!) I know the others were 45 recently ... Black n white official ones ... In various places ...

We are playing FIFA 20 and McIlroy golf from 2015 lads, these aren't modern games.

Maybe that has something to do with it. .

He also plays the old GTA and I play watchdog's but other than that they are the only games we play

Still love the console and it doesn't affect me massively but it is annoying.

Actually I also finished one of the last watchdog's missions last week and after a 40 minute mission it froze and turned off and restarted, that was so annoying and the worst thing I have encountered

Had to restart the whole mission and oddly half of it was completed from previous

Fifa 20 doesn't play well with quick resume. For me it feezes on the splash screen with the quick resume icon in the corner. I have to go into options from the dashboard and force quit the game and then it loads ok.

I probably just haven't played enough games but I rarely see quick resume in action to be honest. Most games I've played just don't have it for some reason. There is the old pick up where you left off resume from sleep that was there in the last gen but thats different to quick resume. Quick resume will show an icon in the top right corner when loading. Watch Dogs Legion for example definitely does not use quick resume. I've been playing enough of that to say that for sure. Pick up from sleep yes, but definitely no quick resume. If I play another game and come back to Legion it loads fully from scratch every time.

I have had the xbox crash for numerous games, no one game in particular. Its a very rare occurrence but what happens is it just shuts down and my controller stays on and connected (solid white xbox logo).

• Advertisement

Fifa 20 doesn't play well with quick resume. For me it feezes on the splash screen with the quick resume icon in the corner. I have to go into options from the dashboard and force quit the game and then it loads ok.

I probably just haven't played enough games but I rarely see quick resume in action to be honest. Most games I've played just don't have it for some reason. There is the old pick up where you left off resume from sleep that was there in the last gen but thats different to quick resume. Quick resume will show an icon in the top right corner when loading. Watch Dogs Legion for example definitely does not use quick resume. I've been playing enough of that to say that for sure. Pick up from sleep yes, but definitely no quick resume. If I play another game and come back to Legion it loads fully from scratch every time.

I have had the xbox crash for numerous games, no one game in particular. Its a very rare occurrence but what happens is it just shuts down and my controller stays on and connected (solid white xbox logo).

Quick resume has been disabled for some recent games, and also has a bug that causes it to crash. It's been fixed in the preview program, which should be rolling out to everyone else soon.

They've also fixed a few other issues as well, crashes and the like. I haven't had that particular crash since the latest preview. My main issue was with the Artis headset I had, but Steelseries fixed that recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

Call of Duty doesn't quick resume for me. Instead of turning off the console have you tried pressing start on the desktop game icon and quitting it from there? That's typically what I have to do to get back in the game. I've had a couple of hard crashes on my Xbox's, it's definitely a little undercooked.

Probes wrote: »
    Call of Duty doesn't quick resume for me. Instead of turning off the console have you tried pressing start on the desktop game icon and quitting it from there? That's typically what I have to do to get back in the game. I've had a couple of hard crashes on my Xbox's, it's definitely a little undercooked.

Are you playing online multiplayer or campaign? I don't see how online multiplayer games will ever work with quick resume. Even if they did try, it would have an expired Xbox Live token, and you'd get kicked back to the main screen of the game to sign in again anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Probes

Basil3 wrote: »
    Are you playing online multiplayer or campaign? I don't see how online multiplayer games will ever work with quick resume. Even if they did try, it would have an expired Xbox Live token, and you'd get kicked back to the main screen of the game to sign in again anyway.

Both, I get kicked to a frozen front menu in either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Looking for a bit of advice on the set up of my Xboxs as I picked up a Series X today . I have a One that I want to put in the spare room, it’ll mainly be used for Netflix and Sky Go and to play the odd game (I’ve left the games I want on it). In the sitting room, I’ll have my Series X with all my games.
    How do I go about using both Xboxs at the same time without interfering with each other? If I’m playing games on the Series X, will notifications/invitations be popping up on the One if it’s on at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Looking for a bit of advice on the set up of my Xboxs as I picked up a Series X today . I have a One that I want to put in the spare room, it’ll mainly be used for Netflix and Sky Go and to play the odd game (I’ve left the games I want on it). In the sitting room, I’ll have my Series X with all my games.
    How do I go about using both Xboxs at the same time without interfering with each other? If I’m playing games on the Series X, will notifications/invitations be popping up on the One if it’s on at the same time?

Set the One as your Home console and add a dummy account that auto logs into the One.

Set up the apps as the dummy account and use it for streaming.

As it is a separate account you won't receive notifications or potentially remove you from a game when turned on.

Set the One as your Home console and add a dummy account that auto logs into the One.

Set up the apps as the dummy account and use it for streaming.

As it is a separate account you won't receive notifications or potentially remove you from a game when turned on.

What does setting my Xbox One as the home console do?

Will the games that are on my profile be available on the dummy account profile?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Conar

What does setting my Xbox One as the home console do?

Will the games that are on my profile be available on the dummy account profile?

First, will either console be used by others for gaming?
    Basically on your home console any user can log in and playyour games.
    On any other console you can log in and play your games.

So let's say you have a sitting room Xbox that you want family to be able to play, and a gamesroom one that only you want to play.
    Set the sitting room as your home Xbox and you're good to go.

Conar wrote: »
    First, will either console be used by others for gaming?
    Basically on your home console any user can log in and okay your games.
    On any other console you can log in and okay your games.

So let's say you have a sitting room Xbox that you want family to be able to play, and a gamesroom one that only you want to play.
    Set the sitting room as your home Xbox and you're good to go.

Xbox One: will be in the spare room and will be used by others for streams and playing the odd game
    Xbox Series X: will be in the sitting room, and I will be the only person using it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Conar

Xbox One: will be in the spare room and will be used by others for streams and playing the odd game
    Xbox Series X: will be in the sitting room, and I will be the only person using it

That's perfect. Set the spare room as your home Xbox and everyone gets what they need.
    Get them to use their own accounts on the spare room Xbox and they can still play your games and stream, but won't interfere with you. You can only be logged into one Xbox at a time.

Btw, if you have Xbox live your spareroom Xbox gets use of it. Same for gamepass.

Advertisement