Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭nextgengamer

Shred wrote: »
    But, I really do wish there had been a few exclusives ready for launch that were purpose built to take advantage of the Series X to really show what it's capable of just like the old days of console launches.

Yeah. And not Halo or another halo/doom clone. Something new please!!!! They probably launched a year too early or covid issues. Looking forward to MS Flight Sim free on game pass. I have a load of old games to play anyway ...

Watch Dogs Legion is pretty good. London looks great in it and it feels busy, lots of hustle and bustle as you'd expect. Decent game too its kept me hooked right to the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Watch Dogs Legion is pretty good. London looks great in it and it feels busy, lots of hustle and bustle as you'd expect. Decent game too its kept me hooked right to the end.

I'm currently playing through it as well and find it excellent.

Have to finish off GTA5. That and Tetris Effect is enough for me right now. I find if I jump around to different games then I don't enjoy the experience and it feels like busy work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Shred

I’ve been mulling that over over too but I’ll stick with what I have for now.

Oh and I should have mentioned quick resume - it’s brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭DM_2092

I've been playing DOOM Eternal on Game Pass. I'm a man that loves the story in a game. I have no idea what this story is about and half of the time I hardly know what I'm doing but by jeeesus it's a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Battlefront 2 on game pass is great craic. Feels like the older Xbox ones and I was surprised because of all the review bombing.

Single player ai battles are the best and it looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Disc drive is seriously noisy when watching a 4K blu ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭recyclops

Yeah mines the same, it's very distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Battlefront 2 on game pass is great craic. Feels like the older Xbox ones and I was surprised because of all the review bombing.

Single player ai battles are the best and it looks great.
    I've really enjoyed this on the Series X - it definitely loads quicker and you're into the action faster than before. There's great fun to be had in pretty much all of the game modes (although Ewok Hunt, disappointingly, isn't about hunting Ewoks :))

• Advertisement

Awfully strange.. Just knocked the XBox off & got into bed. About 5 minutes later it just decided to boot up again (The light didn't come on) and it started making a load of noise..

Gone back into standby now. First time it's done that. Anyone else encounter this? Hopefully it's just an update of some sort, which I'm fine with.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

DM_2092 wrote: »
    Awfully strange.. Just knocked the XBox off & got into bed. About 5 minutes later it just decided to boot up again (The light didn't come on) and it started making a load of noise..

Gone back into standby now. First time it's done that. Anyone else encounter this? Hopefully it's just an update of some sort, which I'm fine with.

sounds like an update, mine does that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I've been playing DOOM Eternal on Game Pass. I'm a man that loves the story in a game. I have no idea what this story is about and half of the time I hardly know what I'm doing but by jeeesus it's a lot of fun.

Did you play Doom 2016? Is that not also on Game Pass? You should play that one aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ZiabR wrote: »
    Did you play Doom 2016? Is that not also on Game Pass? You should play that one aswell.

2016 was removed from Game Pass early last year. Expect it to return in coming months due to the Bethesda buy out.

Bit random, but does anyone else get pins & Needles in their hands when playing? I never got that on any other console..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭recyclops

its happened to me a few times, I thought it was more gaming over christmas but then the wife also complained about it after a few spiritfarer sessions

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Right, I was never in to Destiny games. Plus 30fps was killing any sort of enjoyment for me. So decided to give Destiny 2 a go on X as it got enhanced. Now its another example I can give of a game, that just so much more enjoyable when it gets 60fps and boost in visuals thanks to new generation. Gun play is actually fun and it looks pretty damn cool.

Last time I played Destiny 2, I quit after 30min. Now I fired up the next day and even got to other planet. I don't think I will stick with it for long, but it keeps me busy for now.

Right, I was never in to Destiny games. Plus 30fps was killing any sort of enjoyment for me. So decided to give Destiny 2 a go on X as it got enhanced. Now its another example I can give of a game, that just so much more enjoyable when it gets 60fps and boost in visuals thanks to new generation. Gun play is actually fun and it looks pretty damn cool.

Last time I played Destiny 2, I quit after 30min. Now I fired up the next day and even got to other planet. I don't think I will stick with it for long, but it keeps me busy for now.

Gunplay has always been tight. The main issue with Destiny is solo play, it is exponentially better playing with friends.

Bit random, but does anyone else get pins & Needles in their hands when playing? I never got that on any other console..

Not pins and needles, but I find the XBox controller buttons "hard".
    e.g. when running in GTA5 you have to keep pressing a button to run faster. I just find it uncomfortable...

Maybe it's 'cause I'm always using keyboards/touch screens these days. So extra time on Xbox 'aint helping much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

Series X load times made the final boss fight in Quantum Break tolerable. Finally beat that stupid last level, **** you Aiden Gillen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Does anyone here use a clip/claw for remote play or xcloud. I'm looking to pick one up but I saw that the official one on the MS website may not fit the new Series controllers, not sure if this is true but don't want to risk it. Can anyone recommend a good one?

Also presumably a usb c to usb c cable would be the best way to play right rather than relying on Bluetooth connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,200 ✭✭✭maximoose

I have an unofficial one (this) and right enough I just tested with the new controller and it won't clip on

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭allanroche

maximoose wrote: »
    I have an unofficial one (this) and right enough I just tested with the new controller and it won't clip on

The clips won't work with the new controller because its more rounded and wider at the base. I have this one and it works on my elite and one x controllers quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

This is the one I got for my new controller and it works great: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08DJ2KYG9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comes with attachment for new and old (XB1) controllers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Can you play your Xbox games on a phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Nigzcurran wrote: »

A lot are on xcloud, yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Nigzcurran wrote: »

You can also use your phone to play the consoles remotely as well as xcloud. I'll probably also use the clip and controller to play some stadia stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Bit of a problem there with my xbox series x. Only game have played was wolfenstein 2 on it with the disc, haven't been at it since before Xmas. So came back and put it in, said disc my have a scratch etc. So I cleaned it even tho no scratches or finger prints on it, still not working even tho tried to do it about 10 times maybe faulty disc. Put in far cry 5 and just out of its wrapper and it wouldn't load just kept showing wolfenstein 2 on the main page so tried halo wars 2 just out of wrapper as well same thing. Turned console off and put back on still showed wolfenstein 2 even tho that game wasn't in it. Had to restart console now its uploading halo wars 2. Anyone else have a similar problem? Seemed weird that whatever happened with wolfenstein 2 made it go that way on other games until I restarted console.

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Bit of a problem there with my xbox series x. Only game have played was wolfenstein 2 on it with the disc, haven't been at it since before Xmas. So came back and put it in, said disc my have a scratch etc. So I cleaned it even tho no scratches or finger prints on it, still not working even tho tried to do it about 10 times maybe faulty disc. Put in far cry 5 and just out of its wrapper and it wouldn't load just kept showing wolfenstein 2 on the main page so tried halo wars 2 just out of wrapper as well same thing. Turned console off and put back on still showed wolfenstein 2 even tho that game wasn't in it. Had to restart console now its uploading halo wars 2. Anyone else have a similar problem? Seemed weird that whatever happened with wolfenstein 2 made it go that way on other games until I restarted console.

That glitch has been in the OS for a long time, used to have that issue with Battlefield 1 on my vcr One.

Always worked again after a reboot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

That glitch has been in the OS for a long time, used to have that issue with Battlefield 1 on my vcr One.

Always worked again after a reboot.

OK cool I will try it again after halo wars 2 updates, thanks. When you say reboot do you mean restart it or where did you go to reboot it? Thanks

Advertisement