Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Right now you could get 3 years of gold, upgrade to gamepass ultimate and get a series S for around €450. That's incredible value for 3 years worth of gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

murpho999 wrote: »
    Where are you seeing this and can I pre-register?

I'm level 3 so €243 seems decent enough. Major upgrade for €256 is pretty tempting.

The current trade value is on the GameStop website. To get that trade price you'd need to trade soon, can't see it being that high come launch. The Series S will devalue it too much.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/66019/xbox-one-x-1tb-console

• Registered Users Posts: 28,482 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

The current trade value is on the GameStop website. To get that trade price you'd need to trade soon, can't see it being that high come launch. The Series S will devalue it too much.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Xbox%20One/Games/66019/xbox-one-x-1tb-console

But I thought you'd have to buy a new console at the same time?

Are you saying they'd take the console off you now and give you store credit?

murpho999 wrote: »
    But I thought you'd have to buy a new console at the same time?

Are you saying they'd take the console off you now and give you store credit?

Yes. You can trade in at any time, the store credit will be applied to your GS account which can then be used as the deposit for your preorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Can you use credit you have on games pre ordered towards the Xbox series x?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

scottigael wrote: »
    Can you use credit you have on games pre ordered towards the Xbox series x?
    yes if you haven't use any games trade in only cash on your perorder games.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

rob808 wrote: »
    yes if you haven't use any games trade in only cash on your perorder games.

Ah right I have a game through an offer pre ordered so obviously wouldn't work.

Wonder how good cyberpunk will look at release, only game I could at release I could see worth buying the series x for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

This is quite a move - they're basically going with the "smartphone" model of giving the hardware for no upfront price if you sing up for a 24 months subscription. I'd say a lot of people will find that very appealing, considering the familiarity of the formula - I'd go as far to say they'll sell much more of these All Access bundles (well, in the countries where it IS available) than just upfront console sales.

As I've said multiple times, as much as MS' policy is to sell subscriptions, they wouldn't be able to do so without placing the consoles - and this approach goes under the proverbial "two birds, one stone" situation.

The one risk, once again, is that with the proliferation of monthly subscriptions for everything that we've been seeing for a while, people might go "screw it, I'm not getting a recurring payment for gaming".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭rob808

scottigael wrote: »
    Ah right I have a game through an offer pre ordered so obviously wouldn't work.

Wonder how good cyberpunk will look at release, only game I could at release I could see worth buying the series x for.
    cyberpunk will look great on the xbox series x plus it be getting the free upgrade next year with ray tracing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

The all access program isn't new. They did it for the Xbox one if I remember correctly. Very sure they did it for the one X.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

rizzla wrote: »
    The all access program isn't new. They did it for the Xbox one if I remember correctly. Very sure they did it for the one X.

They did. In fact they did an offer last Christmas that if you got the One X you could trade it back for the Series X this year at no additional cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

All Access is a bit of a rip at that price.

That's supposed to be 0% so they're charging nearly £250 for Game Pass. No thanks, I've already got 2 years stacked at a cost of about £50

Linky

theteal wrote: »

That's supposed to be 0% so they're charging nearly £250 for Game Pass. No thanks, I've already got 2 years stacked at a cost of about £50

Linky

Game Pass Ultimate is €13 a month. Over 2 years at full price would be €312.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's supposed to be 0% so they're charging nearly £250 for Game Pass. No thanks, I've already got 2 years stack at a cost of about £50

Linky

You need to check your maths again. Game Pass Ultimate is 10.99 in the UK.

(10.99 * 24) + £249 = £512.76 compared to £503.76 for All Access.

Not sure how you got two years Game Pass for £50 seeing as Live has barely dropped below £35 in the UK in the last few years? So even using the £1 upgrade trick it's £70 for two years?

Live is rumoured to been removed so no more cheap upgrades to Game Pass once that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Linky

Yes, because you, like a lot of us, took advantage of a ridiculous offer to upgrade years worth of Live Gold to GPU. That's completely irrelevant for this deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

All access in UK you would be best to pony up the extra £8 each month for the series X.

Yes, because you, like a lot of us, took advantage of a ridiculous offer to upgrade years worth of Live Gold to GPU. That's completely irrelevant for this deal.

Yup but not like it's a once off, the "deal" has been readily available since the launch of GPU, still is although appears to have gone up a little since I bought. While that still exists, I cannot agree that this All Access deal is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Kinda like the Series S design now, initially though it was fkn silly. Sticking with the X though, needs me power!

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You need to check your maths again. Game Pass Ultimate is 10.99 in the UK.

(10.99 * 24) + £249 = £512.76 compared to £503.76 for All Access.

Not sure how you got two years Game Pass for £50 seeing as Live has barely dropped below £35 in the UK in the last few years? So even using the £1 upgrade trick it's £70 for two years?

Live is rumoured to been removed so no more cheap upgrades to Game Pass once that happens.

It's not gone yet so the point stands. You can go to CDkeys right now and get 24+1 months of Ultimate for a few pennies under £59. They go lower in price quite regularly.

• Advertisement

It's not gone yet so the point stands. You can go to CDkeys right now and get 24+1 months of Ultimate for a few pennies under £59. They go lower in price quite regularly.

Do you have a link to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Will we have the subscription model for Xbox Series X here in Ireland? What retailers are offering it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I'm not seeing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

12 months Ultimate is €113.99 on cdkeys, don't know where they're getting their numbers!
    Will we have the subscription model for Xbox Series X here in Ireland? What retailers are offering it?

Nope, not for IE unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Ireland is not on the list of 12 Countries, it will be available for.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    12 months Ultimate is €113.99 on cdkeys, don't know where they're getting their numbers!

I think they're telling fibs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Does the option to buy Xbox Live Gold from Brazil, using a VPN still work?
    Then stack it x3 and convert to GamePass Ultimate? Mine is about to expire.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    I'm not seeing it?

2 × Brazil 12 month subs and a 1 month Ultimate. Take a trip to Brazil to redeem the subs

bazzz wrote: »
    Does the option to buy Xbox Live Gold from Brazil, using a VPN still work?
    Then stack it x3 and convert to GamePass Ultimate? Mine is about to expire.

Did mine maybe 6 weeks ago. You can only stack up to 3 years so just get 2 * 12 month subs and then convert with how ever many months of ultimate you want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

bazzz wrote: »
    Ireland is not on the list of 12 Countries, it will be available for.

Oh, maybe parcel motel to here. Klara do credit to Irish customers

Advertisement